Chapter 19

Chapter 19

A Chapter by Shakita Slater

Take time to reflect. Don't let the good moments pass you by. Look around and see the blessings that surround you. Give thanks. And let your thanksgiving me a form of worship. The gifts that you have are just that--gifts. Take nothing for granted. Not one breath. Not one ray of sunshine. Not one hug, kiss or kind word.

Nothing that is capable of filling your soul actually comes from us. We receive it by the grace of God. You do not need to do anything to make yourself worthy of love. You do not need to earn your love. It is a gift, noting more, nothing less. All you need to do is give thanks for the blessing of love. There is no retribution or settling, there is nothing owed when love is given freely. Love is its own reward for those who give it unconditionally. The feeling of love is its own blessing. To love is truly to live. Tag someone you love and share the blessing of love today.

The signs are all around you. Read them clearly. So often we choose not to see what is evident because of a desire for a particular outcome. Our personal preferences can be like blinders leading us down a trail of misery. But the signs are always there. Look back at every unhappy situation in your life and you'll see there were a series of red flags that you consciously or subconsciously chose to ignore. I can look back at every romance that ended bitterly, every friendship that turned sour, every business deal that went awry and see the signs in retrospect. And I can see how I either ignored those signs or let me ambition blind me to what was really important. If something doesn't feel right it probably isn't.

Let a calm heart and a sound mind guide you. Put aside your attachments and aversions and see the truth. There may be some things you need to leave behind. And that's OK. Life is a long and winding journey and we can't even begin to see the whole picture from our vantage point. We are given just enough to hint at future possibilities and leave enough room for free will. But the signs are always there. Look into the darkness and see the light. There is enough pain in the world already. 

Wouldn't it be so much nicer not to keep making the same mistakes over and over again? 
Wouldn't it feel so good to read the signs and get it right this time? 

You are worthy. You are good enough. Your spirit is pure. Nothing you can ever do can take that away. Nothing you do can ever add to your worthiness. It is just who you are. Accept it. Deal with it. And let it set you free. Break the seed of unworthiness. Remove it by the root. Plant the seed of faith in its place. You can work your entire life and still feel lacking. Those who are hardest on themselves are often the most worthy. They just don't see the plain truth that is evident to everyone else. You don't have to earn your your worthiness of love. It's not a college grade. You just have to realize who you really are and let all the love in. If you carry the burden of not feeling good enough in your heart that seed will sprout and bear its fruit of suffering. You will either internalize the feeling of unworthiness and end up depressed or anxious. Or you will externalize it and end up in a mad dash for worldly success. I've tried them both and they end up in a spiritual dead end.

The basic truth of your worthiness cannot lie in your effort. It is through faith alone that you realize your worthiness. It is heartbreaking when a good person thinks that they are less than they are worth. It is heartbreaking when the seed of unworthiness eats away at the spiritual heart of fulfillment, completion and wholeness. Be free of that darkness today. Plant the seed of faith in the fertile ground of a receptive heart and reap the harvest of peace, joy and happiness. You're worthy. You're a good person. Have faith. What is faith really but love in spirit? Be strong enough to love yourself that much. You're worth it. 

Don't hold on to anything. Nothing belongs to you anyway. Even when we think we "own" something it's really only ever on loan. We are guardians of the Earth, the animals, the sky. Protectors, gate-keepers, teachers, lovers, but never truly owners of the world. You can't buy love. No matter how rich you are, love is never for sale. 
Patanjali says that when you release covetousness, the riches of all gems flow to you. There are golden threads that connect the universe in the fibers of love. They glimmer when we act out of love and get stronger each time your heart opens. These golden threads are more valuable than any assert you can accumulate. It might sound redundant, but love really is the fabric of the universe. You and me are not separate, there is not really any mine and yours. None of this magical, wide open world is ours to purchase, sell, or hide away. 
Every single star is perfectly placed. 
You are perfectly placed. 
You are brilliant, 
You shine brighter than a thousand suns, with the golden glimmer of love. 
You are made of love.

There will always be something to distract your mind. Something to take you just that little bit off course enough to get hurt, off track enough to get lost, unfocused enough to get confused. You must be strong enough to steady your mind on the task at hand and constantly remember what your goal is. And what is our goal? The goal of every day is love more, to stay true to the spiritual heart of love, to honor, respect and cherish one another in love. You must be ever vigilant against the large and small grievances. If left unchecked these often unspoken seeds of bitterness manifest and accumulate as hurt and broken hearts. Sometimes it's the small things that are most destructive because they don't seem like anything. Small complaints that you whisper under your breath (how many times a day do you say "wtf" to yourself and roll your eyes?), a list of "important" small tasks that you have to get done so you prioritize that over quality time with your loved one or 200 new emails that apparently "need" an urgent answer that keep you away from meaningful projects. 

Choose your point of attention and then stick to it. Be strong in body, mind and spirit. Whenever you feel yourself veering off course pause, check yourself and redirect your mind back to the deeper purpose of life. To love is truly to live. The stronger you root your mind in love the more that petty annoyances will simply disappear. Replace blame with praise. Replace loss with faith. Replace anger with love. Take time each day to enter your inner sanctuary through the temple of the heart. Approach in silent reflection and feel the presence of a quiet voice of wisdom whose power and compassion are unparalleled. Let that recognition steady your mind and nourish your soul. With patience and humility watch as your world changes and love wins out against all odds.


© 2017 Shakita Slater


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

62 Views
Added on September 17, 2017
Last Updated on September 17, 2017


Author

Shakita Slater
Shakita Slater

Arkham Asylum, GA



About
-Single Mother (w/personalities of Harley Quinn & Morticia Addams) -Writer/Poet -Coffee Addicted☕ -Vampira⚰🦇 -Blogger -Tomboy💪🏽 -Unicorn🦄 -Witchy Wom.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Shakita Slater


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shakita Slater


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Shakita Slater