Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A Chapter by Shakita Slater

Take time to reflect. Don't let the good moments pass you by. Look around and see the blessings that surround you. Give thanks. And let your thanksgiving me a form of worship. The gifts that you have are just that--gifts. Take nothing for granted. Not one breath. Not one ray of sunshine. Not one hug, kiss or kind word.

Nothing that is capable of filling your soul actually comes from us. We receive it by the grace of God. You do not need to do anything to make yourself worthy of love. You do not need to earn your love. It is a gift, noting more, nothing less. All you need to do is give thanks for the blessing of love. There is no retribution or settling, there is nothing owed when love is given freely. Love is its own reward for those who give it unconditionally. The feeling of love is its own blessing. To love is truly to live. Tag someone you love and share the blessing of love today. 

Life is an epic battle for your soul. In each breath there is a choice between fear and faith. Fear is nothing but a bug that pales in comparison to the grace of faith. Choose love. Choose happiness based in the inner path of the spirit. Let grace be upon you and let faith be your most powerful weapon. As spiritual warriors you need not only zeal and strength, but wisdom and faith. Then grace will enter your heart and guide you to the victory you seek. There is no end to the greatness of spirit. The vastness of God's glory spans beyond the edges of the universe. Find a path to the inner realms and reveal the hidden treasure that awaits you there. Seek not only worldly riches but the true gem of spiritual fulfillment. Nothing in this world makes you whole. Only divine grace will keep your heart and mind at perfect peace. 

I slept in today, which I rarely do. Between a night of restless sleep the day before, the three hour time difference, a late night class yesterday and updating iOS overnight which cancelled my alarm, I guess all signs were pointing to the logical conclusion that I needed the sleep. And I must admit that I do feel rested after eight straight hours of uninterrupted sleep. I woke up at 7:09 am with just enough time to shower, meditate and make it over to class.  At least I wasn't late. For whatever reason I didn't stress. There was somehow time for everything essential. 

Give yourself time to rest and restore, sleep and regenerate. I've talked with people who say they only need two or three hours of sleep. And others who say that the more they practice yoga the less sleep they need. That's just not me. I need sleep to function well. I feel like my body restores itself, my emotions process and my spirit heals during a good night's sleep. Creating rituals around rest and renewal are a crucial part of living a balanced life. 

Where do you find your rest? 
Where do you turn to renewal?

Rebirth. Renewal. Restoration. The path of yoga is not about adding something to make you better. It's about removing everything that gets in the way of your true self. Pride, insecurity, anger, jealousy, anxiety, doubt, exhaustion, confusion, indecision. These are all chains that block your experience of your best and highest self. The truth is within you. It's always there waiting for you to discover who you really are. All the greatness, power, abundance, beauty and success are right there within you. Unlock the keys to the kingdom within and be reborn through the eyes of spirit. Wake up to who you already are. Become who you have always been. 
Every moment is a choice between stress and freedom. Underneath any difficult situation the simplicity of one deep breath is always there. This was my morning: practice interrupted by a phone call. Then four stressful phone calls involving lawyers and accountants. A series of annoying texts messages coupled with 200 emails. But all this is petty, small and meaningless compared to the beauty and grandeur of God. When the world comes crashing down turn to spirit to fill you up. When the waves seem to big to handle turn it over to a power that is unparalleled in both might and wisdom. Let go of all the stress, you're free in the here and now. Problems are complicated, solutions are simple. The light is always shining, far beyond the stormy clouds of life. Take time each day to remember the simple things. We love each other, that's what matters. Sunrise, sunset, ocean and sky. This is a breath of life. Breathe deeply. Nothing matters because you already have everything in your heart. You are whole and complete and you shine brighter than a thousands suns. 


© 2017 Shakita Slater


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on September 15, 2017
Last Updated on September 15, 2017


Author

Shakita Slater
Shakita Slater

Arkham Asylum, GA



About
-Single Mother (w/personalities of Harley Quinn & Morticia Addams) -Writer/Poet -Coffee Addicted☕ -Vampira⚰🦇 -Blogger -Tomboy💪🏽 -Unicorn🦄 -Witchy Wom.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Shakita Slater


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shakita Slater


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Shakita Slater