Chapter 5

Chapter 5

A Chapter by Shane Williams

Chapter 5

“Several years ago when I was given birth along with my two brothers. we were brought up into a harsh world where you had to fight to survive. Even the citizens of hell wanted to overthrow the people of the royal bloodline. “Several weeks passed as each of us awakened our own unique power for the cause of protecting our family, that’s when mine finally manifested.   Lemionas moves towards Dervish concerned, “What happened?” Dervish looks at Lemionas’s eyes before turning away. “I had the powers of a monster. I could not control...this power; anything I touched would turn to ash. I begged my father to take this curse away but he encouraged me to find its purpose. I started training alone, trying to find something positive behind these powers all I could do was destroy; I was no use in a fight if I couldn’t avoid killing my own men. The citizens of hell hated me, but I could not blame them. We felt like monsters given power to do as we pleased. Through my agony I felt there would be no hope for me until one day, I fell in love.”
 
Matius raises his head in interest. “Before the training I recently met a woman whom I loved from the bottom of my heart. She was everything a man would want. She was caring and was always by my side. Her name was Almeria. Despite my complicated past and actions Almeria loved me. When my powers manifested I could always turn to her, with her I could control my powers. I felt at peace”.

Dervish’s voice turns serious, “However things were changing in the family. My father was acting strangely, and so were my brothers. They were enforcing harsh laws onto the citizens and even started jailing people I felt someone was pulling the strings in the family, someone was manipulating my father’s every move. The citizens were starting to get angry, riots and murders starting happening. Then one day it all came ahead when I heard rumours on a possible assault of heaven“.
 
Matius turns to Dervish, “What happened?”. Dervish looks into the sky, “When I found out what was going on I immediately went to my father’s room only to find Icarus already there. Who once was a friend of mine. I protested to my father to cancel the assault and urged him to remove these laws only to be pushed aside. Seeing me as a threat to what he could accomplish, my father forcefully banished me from hell, despite my protests my brothers and other royalty.With their plans on my mind I made a painful journey to heaven, alone, untrusted.”
 
“So how did you find your way there?” Matius asks. Dervish looks to the sky, “On my way I had caught sight of a patrol of angel warriors going through the tough terrain, and In hopes of finding their land I followed them back. The wind was fierce and I had to fight my way through it, visibility started to fade. I was distraught. Through sheer will power I managed to get to my destination. Heaven. Arriving I got alot of cold stares and unfair looks form some of the crowd. Some of them were protesting, demanding for me to be removed from their holy place. As son to the father of ruler of hell. I demanded an audience to speak to the angelic High Council”.
 
I explained about their situation, about my growing concern of Hell’s rise in their army, my father’s corrupted mind. How they would raise this place to the ground. They listened to my words, but they didn’t take me for granted. They ignored my warnings and had me removed from their lands. Rejected I walked out of heaven somewhat disappointed with their harsh responses”. Matius gives a chuckle, “Trust heaven to help” saying sarcastically.

“Anyway as I has heading out of heaven’s outskirts I saw a large silhouette in the distance. Due to the distance I squinting my eyes for better focus. Up ahead were the forces of hell, ready to take heaven. Only upon looking I could tell their army was vast. In anxiety I headed back to Heaven, pleading for them to listen to my words. The majority ignored my words however some people could feel my desperation, my pleading some believed me. Just as I was talking someone spotted something coming our way, immediately warning the people.
 
“Now realising the threat was real they got into action, arming themselves, taking positions. With no options I joined in with one of the more experienced units, to help defend the city. The warriors of hell came like a plague, unmerciful. They bathed themselves in battle, as strong as heaven’s forces are they were no match. They swept through heaven, killing, making sure no one stood. My unit was left defending the city. As strong as we were, their numbers kept coming. My men fell one by one until I was left”.
 
“Must have been one hell of a fight” Lemionas exclaims. Dervish turns towards Lemionas, “It was a good fight, but it wasn’t enough”. “Alone I kept fighting, drawing them towards this building, hoping to keep them tight. Just as I felt I could win. My brothers stepped forward, including Icarus. “He explained his father was disappointed in me, that Earth would be next to fall. Before I could retaliate he had he me trapped in the icy tomb”. Dervish turns towards Matius, “I thank you... both of you for setting me free. I’m sure together we can set things right”. He pats Matius on the shoulder before making his was towards the exit, Lemionas following behind.

“Let’s move”.

Meanwhile back on earth Ivan gets his long sword ready for the incoming demons, clasping his hands around the sword hilt tightly grip. Eying each demon. “Come on what you waiting for?” Ivan utters taunting them. They clamber over the debris, slowly advancing down the road, leaping onto cars, using the terrain from high ground. Watching their opponent with intent, waiting for an opening.
 
The one ahead starts hissing, with little patience it launches itself at Ivan, its teeth bared, claws ready to dig into flesh. Ivan raises his long sword high into the air slicing upwards at the demon with force, cutting through skin, bone, sinew. The body collapses in a pile onto the ground, it’s legs still moving. Blood gushes out from its sliced body. Seeing Ivan’s back vulnerable, another demon stealthy launches itself from the left, running from behind cover. Ivan manages to see it in time, using his body strength to swing his sword. Clenching his teeth he lifts the beast into the air, the creature lands awkwardly. Crippled it tries to get up, it’s back leg injured from the landing. Ivan walks over to it casually about to deliver the final blow when another demon leaps on top of him, protecting its friend. It opens it mouth, trying to bit into his shoulder. With his skeletal hand free he grips the demon’s neck, wrestling it to the ground, slamming it into the ground. With his feet holding the raging demon in place Ivan grips his sword and stabs right through its head in anger. Ivan allows himself a smile under the bandages. Satisfied he turns towards his opponent, the challenge passed.

His opposite just stares blankly in anger, his eye almost ready to burst. The wind calmly blowing his long hair. In anger he yanks his sword out of the ground. Holding it in his one hand, menacingly. Before making a run down the ruined building dragging his sword behind. Grooving the surface as he comes down. Ivan can hear his vibrations through the floor. Ready to bring the fight to him, Ivan grips onto his sword and heads towards his opponent, holding his sword in both hands, with a serious look in his eye.
  They both leap into the air, locking swords. Ivan feels overpowered by his opponent, his sword his vibrating under the power of the attack. Their eyes look straight at each other. His opponent filled with malice. “Face it, you cannot win” his other self remarks, his words hurt Ivan who is under the strain. Losing the standoff Ivan is pushed back. Blocking attack after attack, on the retreat.

 
Ivan looks at his other who watches unimpressed. Ivan seeing this launches his opponent in anger, rising back up he lunges at his opponent, attack after attack they lock swords. Ivan tries to catch his opponent off guard to no effect. Just as he starts to get frustrated Ivan’s sword manages to catch his opponents face. Cutting through his mask. His opponent slowly turns towards Ivan, blood dripping through the gash wound. “Not bad...but I know you can do better than that”.
   Before Ivan can react he is knocked back into a collapsing building due to the force of the attack, Ivan lies conscious, weakened, he raises his head weakly seeing a blurry version of himself come towards him. Instantly he feels a large hand gripping his neck, lifting him into the air. Ivan franticly gripping onto his opponents arm in panic, his sword clatters to the ground. His other gives a little smile, “show what you can do. Or is this your best”, he mutters, “you people from the other world are such a disappointment”, tightening his grip.

  Ivan suddenly thinks about Matius, then his other self and how Matius was over powered. In
Desperation Ivan grabs his opponent’s skeletal arm, struggling for air. Squeezing tightly, looking at the eyes of his opponent, “I will not let you beat me this easily” Ivan utters, “mark my words”.

Quickly Ivan head butts his opponent, instantly dropping Ivan to the ground. While his opponent tries to collect his senses Ivan grips his sword once more about to slice at his other. Just as he swings the sword Ivan’s other skeletal arm manages to block the attack. “If I know myself as well as I do I would have attacked the enemy while they are off guard” Smiling looking at Ivan

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2013 Shane Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

139 Views
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on August 16, 2013
Tags: Dark, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Monster, Demon, Life, Power, Hell, Earth, Throne, King, Warrior, Son


Author

Shane Williams
Shane Williams

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Dervish photoshop by ~Shane000 on deviantART I am a Illustrator, Photography, can write poems and I'm currently writting a fantasy/action/adventure story which had been influenced my lord of the ri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shane Williams