Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Shane Williams

Chapter 6


Back on heaven all three continue walking, now adapted to their surroundings. Secretly Matius watches Dervish cautiously, not comfortable in trusting him. Utter silence in the area until Dervish speaks. “So explain about this world of yours” asking in interest. Matius uninterested lets Lemionas answer. “Our worlds are at peace just recently, a truce was made and that has brought balance and peace” Dervish gives a nod, “And what about me?... Do I live in this world of yours?” This makes Matius stops in his tracks, turning towards Dervish calmly stern. “I killed you.... you were a monster in our world, you used your friends for your own gains.. And would you stop there? No, you killed people, killed your father and threatened me. You had to be stopped” Matius ends the conversation calmly, trying not to hurt Dervish’s feeling.
 
Dervish falls silent, lowering his head. “I never asked for these powers. Can you just try to understand what it feels like not to be able to touch anything?”. Matius ignores him as they continue walking, turning towards Lemionas. “So what’s the plan now?” He asks Lemionas, walking side by side with him. “The plan? Simple, we find these people responsible for this hell, bring them to justice and get this place back to normal”. Matius looks at Lemionas, “What about my other?” Lemionas looks towards Matius, “If this is his home we can find him here”.
  Just as he says this, something flies over their heads, they all cower their heads looking up. Matius immediately recognises the figure, watching him familiar flying into an intense area, full of dark clouds with, the waves crashing against the brick walls. Knowing what he must do Matius turns to face Lemionas, “That’s him!! I’ve got to go after him!” Lemionas quickly grips Matius’s cape, “Are you sure you want to do this?” Matius pauses looking up to the sky, “I’ve got to finish this. One way or another” turning towards the dark area. “All my life I’ve always been wondering who I really am, what I was meant for. He just might have the answers, if he is me...that is”, turning towards Lemionas. He puts his hand on Matius, “Then I bid you good luck ...friend. May you strike down your enemy. I hope you

find the answers you seek”. Matius gives a nod, turning towards the hellish area before heading down into the dark sky, ready to face the truth.

He arrives into the area, quickly taking cover in the shadows, watching for any patrols. Above the clouds are dark unlike the centre of heaven. What the hell is up with this place? This doesn’t even look like heaven, he looks up seeing the tall stone towers up ahead with the falling rain. His body pressed against the walls he moves closer into the large area, the rain falling silently around him. Deeper into the area Matius hears the screams in a large stone tower. The rain continues to pour outside. Concerned he stealthy makes his way towards the tower, slipping through the shadows to get passed the guards on duty. As he approaches the tower he notices a guard directly ahead, keeping guard of the tower. Matius carefully approaches the guard from the left before breaking his neck silently. Done he hides the body in shadow by some old crates before quickly heading up the stairs silently, hearing the thunder outside.
 
He walks up the stairway curious where it leads approaches a room door, hearing moaning behind it. Gripping the door knob he turns it, walking into the small gloomy room. The walls and floor are made from stone, all of which are wet from the rain. In the left corner a man is sitting down covered in shadow, his features remain hidden in the dark. Directly in front of the cell is iron bars revealing the outside world. The dark clouds roar with the rain falling, suggesting the mood. The man’s head suddenly moves, “Who’s that... show yourself” he utters nervously. Catching Matius’s attention.
 
The man shuffles on the floor tensely as Matius takes a step closer slowly. “Look whoever you are you’re safe now”. Matius steps away from the doorway, entering the light from the window. The man suddenly stops trembling, silence. “Matius... is that you?”, gaining confidence he moves away from the stone wall, taking several slow steps towards Matius, his features now visible. A wrinkled face of an old man, with wet dirty hair dangling on his shoulders. His body is old and saggy however muscle is still seen. Upon further investigation Matius is horrified by the amount of whip marks and scars covering his body. Matius looks back up to his father’s face seeing small beady eyes, he has a small beard. They both look at each other stuck for words before tightly griping one another. A reunion of father and son.

“What are you doing here?” Matius asks concerned, “I thought you died”. His father weakly looks up at Matius frowning at him, “No... That night when we went in search for clues as to the disappearances of traders and soldiers, we came across some of the angel heretics, hiding in ambush. With me as the squad leader we attacked them with no mercy they had to pay for what they did”. Matius gets interested into the story “So what happened?” His father looks at the ground, “The heretics and we were getting worn down, from the heat in the wildlands, and both starved of energy. Then without warning soldiers from nowhere joined in attacking us both. They killed anyone in their way, without hesitation, without mercy. I ended up the only sole survivor for some reason looking at them waiting for death severely wounded. However their leader had other plans, he claimed he was from a other world where his father died and I was the one that should have died, he said that...he was Matius”. Osaris pauses catching his breath,  “With little energy I had no choice but to go back to their world.
  When we arrived what he called home he put me under excruciating punishment. I was whipped, tortured, left me barely alive”. Matius teeth grit hearing these words, “What did he look like?” Matius demands, stopping himself from shouting. His father closes his eyes, thinking back trying to remember those horrible memories. “He was a tall man, broad in the shoulders, well armoured. Wearing a long cloak underneath his large wings would be, he looked pretty much like you”. Matius looks down to the ground, That proves it Matius thinks; this guy is the same who I saw on that night.
  His father looks up to Matius, “I can’t believe how much you’ve grown”, his father announces proudly, “Just look at you. You are so different from that young boy I once knew”. Matius gives a smile, a lose tear rolls down his cheek. “I know.. I know”. Huddled by his father. “Does... she miss me?” he asks in question. “Yes... she does miss you alot”, Matius answers smiling, “we all miss you...”.

Suddenly his father clutches at his stomach, violently coughing up blood. Matius immediately rushes over to him, his father look at him weakly, “I’m sorry if I haven’t been much of a father to you. I was in love with my work”. Matius goes closer to his father upset, “Don’t say that you...you were an inspiration to me. I wanted to live like you did”. His father gives a smile, “and boy you didn’t disappoint...I wish I was there to see you grow up. Tell me how is home like now?” Matius gives a smile, “There is peace with heaven, and Ivan is the new ruler” Sousan smiles before looking towards outside where the lake is.
  “That person you seek is waiting for you”, raising his arm he points out into the vast lake, “You must go. I don’t have much time” Matius looks down about to cry before, kneeling over his father. Hearing his heart beat fade, till there is nothing but silence. He slowly raises himself angrily ready for what must be done. He turns his attention to the iron bars which reveal the lake and dark unsettling clouds.

Using his bare hands he grips the wet iron bars. Using all his strength he breaks the iron bars along with some brickwork. He then lets go, watching them fall into the deep lake. Free he goes through the gaping hole floating down to the lake, touching the water surface. Matius continues walking along the lake of water. Up ahead the sky has turned black, not even a shimmer of light breaks through. His footsteps make ripples across the water, going over one another continuously, thunder strikes in the skies above.
 
“So you’ve finally come...” Matius instinctively looks up into the sky, instantly recognising that voice. Then from the blackness Matius’s familiar floats down. A cloak flaps around the Matius other, controlled by the wind. Matius braces himself for battle, unsheathing his wet sword. Looking at his other looking much younger, however upon further notice, he has many deep cuts on his face. His other finally touches the water gracefully, sending ripples in all directions, further than the eye can see. Matius looks threateningly at his familiar. Lightning flashes. “Why did you imprison my father?!” Matius roars, another flash. His familiar gives a smirk, before turning nasty, “My father was killed in battle”, he sneers, “he was struck down and he came back dead”, he looks down into the sea, “I couldn’t stand the fact yours lived” Saying these words his face distorts into utter anger, another flash, setting the mood. “Is that why you also killed all those people? In my world?!” Matius shouts out. “Of course”, Matius’s other replies, “it was the only way to get your attention. The only way to bring you here. For me to end YOU!”
 
At that moment both lunge at each other, both swords impact, sending waves. They continue fighting, the rain continues to pour down, the sky itself looks like an manifestation of their anger. They break the sword lock as both are pushed back, the water flowing around them. Both glare at one another, dripping with water. Total Silence, except for the thunder high above and the settling of the water surface.
 
Matius makes a move leaping into the air, ready to bring his sword down. His other sees this coming and slices the water in front, blinding Matius momentarily, water splashing across his face. Seizing this chance his other stabs through the wave hoping to stab Matius. Matius manages to dodge, water spraying on his face. Another flash of lightening. They both continue exchanging blows, the water around them moves in rhythm, splashing as they move. Above the dark clouds break, turning into a downpour. Both break the deadlock, backing away. Both try to catch their breaths, waiting for the water to calm down.
 
“You know you should just give up” Matius warns, “If this is all you can do you, I’d just surrender If I were you. I will not let you get away with what you’ve done”. His familiar gives a laugh, hearing these words. “You don’t get it do you?” he shouts humorously the water calming, “This is my home, my world. Here I’m at my strongest”, water dripping from his face. Slowly he calms himself; his body becomes motionless as the wind starts to howl around him.

His opponent then starts gathering energy from all around a layer of thin light encasing him. Ripples start to form. Across the water surface. This catches Matius’s attention, steadying himself; the ripples across the water get faster, spreading further. Matius can feel the power making the water move, transfixed. Slowly he turns looking up to see his familiar rise into the air, beating his great wings. He raises his hands into the air; the energy starts to go up his arm, creating a ball of pure energy shining brightly. “You were a fool to ever think you could stop me” It continues to swells in size, now looking a threat. Matius watches below, waiting patiently. The energy then gets vigorous in his palm, making the wind scream. His other looks directly at Matius, with little emotion. “Goodbye” he utters, then with his hand aggressively throws the energy at Matius.
 
The ball of energy moves out of his hand, gaining speed on Matius as the rain continues to pour down.

 

 

 

 



© 2013 Shane Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on August 16, 2013
Tags: Dark, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Monster, Demon, Life, Power, Hell, Earth, Throne, King, Warrior, Son


Author

Shane Williams
Shane Williams

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Dervish photoshop by ~Shane000 on deviantART I am a Illustrator, Photography, can write poems and I'm currently writting a fantasy/action/adventure story which had been influenced my lord of the ri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shane Williams