Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Shane Williams

Chapter 8


Back on heaven Dervish is kneeled over Lemionas body, sitting motionlessly. Then the wind suddenly starts blowing in the area. Dervish raises his arm for cover, desperately trying to see through. Suddenly there is a flash as Ivan and Matius appear, stumbling unbalanced. Dervish turns around in surprise, watching Matius and Ivan approach weakened.
Matius seeing Lemionas’s body he runs over to it, Dervish struggles to speak. “I’m sorry I.. I tried to stop them” apologizing, watching Matius kneel down by Lemionas completely ignoring him.Ivan meanwhile spots Dervish before quickly gripping Dervish’s throat easily lifting him into the air. “I’ve finally found you monster!” Matius quickly turns Ivan, “stop! He’s a friend, leave him!” he shouts pressing hand onto Ivan’s shoulder. “How can you possibly believe that!? He might be from the otherworld but I can smell the dead on his hands” Ivan utters. “That’s because we were attacked!! Dervish bursts out in panic. Ivan loosens his grip allowing Dervish to breathe. Me and your friend, we were attacked I had to use my powers to stop them” “Well it’s sure a coincidence that Lemiona’s dead body is right by you?”  “Look just leave it okay?” Matius demands, “He might look like Dervish but he isn’t anything like him. I’ve heard his story and I believe him”
  Ivan looks at Matius before in understanding looks back at Dervish. “Just because Matius trusts you, dosn’t mean I do...” He looks back at Lemionas body  before removing the necklace from his skeletal reaching it towards Matius. “Do you think this might work?” he muffles, the cross dangling from his hand. Matius looks at the cross dangling from Ivan’s hand, “No”, he announces, “He’s already passed on”. Ivan throws the cross to Matius, catching it before placing it around his neck. He turns towards Dervish slightly annoyed, “So what happened?”
  Dervish pauses gathering his words, “We were walking through here minding our business. Then we heard a squard approaching moving closer, a large squad at that. Knowing we couldn’t escape we stood our ground. I fought with my strength , taking men down side by side. I turned towards Lemionas, before watching him die”, his voice suddenly gets angry, “It was two against hundreds” he declares. Matius looks at the ground noticing piles of ash covering the surface, going as far as he can just see. “We must go to hell”, hints Dervish. “The only way to stop the attack on your world is to stop Icarus. Once he’s dead your mission will be complete”. Matius nods in agreement before both grip Dervish other’s hands. In a flash they suddenly disappear.

They are suddenly transported to hell immediately breaking away looking  around. Up above a soldier looks down in shock seeing Dervish before running up the stairway... “Be on your guard soldiers are coming”, Dervish warns blackening his swords ready for the onslaught. Soldiers suddenly charge in from all directions catching Matius and Ivan off guard...(fighting) Unaware of the fighting around him. “Youuu...” he sneers, almost hissing the words. Some men try to attack Dervish only to be attacked by Dervish’s ash, in protection. The men scream in agony, disintegrating. Matius notes Dervish making a move towards Icarus, before blocking an attack. “What the hell is he doing?” Ivan demands, stabbing his opponent. Dervish turns, just cutting down an enemy, “Never mind him, just keep fighting”, he shouts before turning on his next opponent.

Icarus looks from the stairway, watching the carnage from above. He then sees Dervish making his way towards him, showing no mercy to those crossing his path. One of the men tries to block Dervish, in retaliation Dervish knocks the man through the stairwell, falling into the fight. Seeing his ruthlessness Icarus runs in panic from the spot, Dervish following close behind, blackening the ground.
 
Icarus in a panic runs towards two large double doors, running straight through them, not bothering to shut them. Instantly Dervish smashes the doors angered, smoke pouring from him. Dervish turns his head, scanning the dark area in search of his enemy. He quickly calms himself, reverting to his normal state. Quietly looking around the area cautiously. “Come out you coward face me!” Dervish taking several steps in the darkness, watching for any signs of movement. “This madness of yours must end! You’ve caused too much trouble” He suddenly hears a quick movement of feet, quickly turning to the area. He hesitantly moves several steps closer, hearing something from behind.
 
Then from the shadows Icarus steathly approaches Dervish, stabbing him in the back. Dervish moans in agony, his teeth bared. Icarus thrusts the sword deeper. “looks like I win”, Icarus whispering in a cocky matter. He leans his head towards Dervish’s head, “Sorry about your wife”, smiling he twisting the blade, blood trickling down the blade. Dervish’s eyes widen, uttering a quiet gurgling sound. Finished he takes the sword out of Dervish, watching fall to a heap on the ground. He unsheathes his sword, looking down at Dervish’s body before turning away. He continues walking until something stops him in his tracks. The room suddenly starts to get cold with the noticeable sound of wind building up. Icarus daring not to turn around, bits of ash slowly builds from behind him forming a figure. “You should know by now, no sword or weapon shall ever harm me” In panic Icarus makes a run for the double doors only to get slammed shut. Quickly he turns around seeing Dervish in his ash state, his eyes almost like slits, staring deep into Icarus. “Why cause this war!?” “This isn’t my doing!” Icarus protests, “he just tells me what to do!” “WHO!!” Dervish demands making Icarus quiver in panic. “I...I don’t know what his name is!” In anger Dervish kills him outright (blah blah)

Meanwhile outside the fight rages on. Matius and Ivan still continue holding their ground against the oncoming soldiers. They both start to tire with their attacks getting weaker and their movements slower. Ivan slays an opponent before turns towards Matius, “We can’t keep this up much longer” Ivan exclaims. Before Matius can reply two large doors burst open. Making everyone stop fighting, turning to the broken doors.
 
Standing is Dervish, ash flowing all around him in protection. All the soldiers turn their attention to him, unsure what to do. Awakened from their stir they decide to charge him. Just as they do this Ash from inside pours from the building, attacking the warriors... leaving Matius and Ivan untouched. “I’m soo happy right now that he’s on our side” Matius announces, giving a smile to Ivan. With their confidence regained they continue the assault until there is nothing left.

 

The area falls silent again. Dervish reverts back to his normal form approaching Matius, “Did you find Icarus?” Matius questions. “Yes... but he isn’t the one behind this...” “Then who is?” Ivan demands in anger. Dervish pauses, “I’m not sure... but if I’m right whoever is behind this is in the throne room, where my father should be...” “Why do you think he will be there?” Matius questions. “It’s where I’d be if I wanted to control all of hell” They go towards the Royal Palace noticing there isn’t any guard. Dervish suddenly stops in his tracks unsurely, “Something’s not right” he utters,

They walk hurrily through the corridors of hell, passing many portraits and windows. Dervish walks towards two large double doors, pressing against them. Under the strain the doors slowly open revealing the large throne room as the rain pours outside. Dervish scan’s his eyes trying to look for someone. “I...I don’t understand. My father should be here” Worried he enters the throne room, Matius and Ivan following close behind. Dervish stops in his footsteps, hearing something up ahead. “Who’s there show yourself” he shouts out into the dark. No reply is given much to his frustration. “I said who’s there?! Show yourself!”. All eyes are on the throne room, rain continues to fall outside.
 
Dervish’s words are answered as someone appears from behind the throne, his head remaining lowered. Silence. “Who are you?” Dervish shouts demandingly, “Where is my father?!” The figure turns to look at the group still in shadow, “Who am I indeed. What kind of man am I to hold such power you might ask?” He lifts his hood down and immediately starts to form shapes in the air. Matius immediately recognises them as angel symbols used for spells. He draws up the final symbol before they all touch his skin.
 
Suddenly the figures skin starts to transform, his skin starts to bubble under like boiling water. The pale tones of skin start to gain tints of blue, on the face dark hair starts to grow. He then bends over moaning, his back shifting growing, muscle shifting in his body. Suddenly a wing bursts from his back, feathers covering it, soft silky. He then utters a scream as another wing bursts out, this time scaly and claw like, with leather like wings. Then from his forehead a symbol starts to for His transformation near complete the final changes take place, the tattooed symbols fade into his skin.
 
His transformation complete he turns towards the group. “I am a Archangel and my name is Immeadies ”. Angered Dervish goes towards the stranger, “Where is my father?!” Dervish commands his anger triggering his ash state. Immeadies turns towards Dervish. “Alive. For now”, he turns towards Matius, “you must be wondering why I have caused such chaos to this world? Simple. I wanted to bring you here and your dear friend Lemionas”. Matius stops, skipping a heartbeat, “Wait you know Lemionas...He told me he had no brothers. He said they died”. Immeadies looks into Matius’s eyes. “To him I died when he lost faith in me. He was disgusted to what I had become, of who I was. I hated my brother along with all of Heaven for what they are. Weak minded fools who never strove for conquest, who based their life’s on rules and barriers. I wanted to be far from that”.
 
Immeadies looks towards the glass panels watching the falling rain, “I wanted to shred my ties with heaven and go with my OWN path, my OWN choices. All I wanted was power, nothing more. One day I looked in the underbelly of the library in search of a means, much to my delight I stumbled upon the book of the archangel Gabriel who was able to go beyond the boundaries of an angel. He was a god amongst angels, they all feared him, and everything feared him. Intrigued by my research, I looked into his name. I worked tirelessly, day in. Day out, writing down notes and ripping pages.  Looking deeper did I realise there were risks to obtaining this power. He had angels just like him transform into the archangel however some lost their intelligence and became nothing more than failed mistakes, waiting to be put out of their misery!”
 
“How did you get this power though?” Matius asks, carefully watching Immeadies. He stares blankly at Matius, “Knowing that Gabriel was both angel and demon, I knew I had to find a worthy creature. Much to my luck I captured a greater demon. I took samples of it, from its wings, blood, dna, everything. I then injected myself with these vital pieces and over the next few days I noticed changes, my strength... my speed I felt stronger than ever. It wasn’t long however until my brother noticed the physical changes, instantly the Angelic Council, forcing me out of heaven. My only choice was hell itself, however I knew full well heaven wouldn’t rest until they found me. So instead I came here, with my new strength and hunger for power I took over.” “So...this war...my friends, my BROTHERS ...MY FATHER? You used EVERYONE!?” Dervish shouts in depression. Immedies turns his attention towards Dervish, “yes I did. All for the sake of this!”

Outside the sky starts to darken. “Enough talk, this is where your journey comes to an end”. Just as he says this the glass panels behind the archangel shatter from the outside wind the room, revealing the pouring rain and the lake outside. “It’s about time I dealt with you just like I did your father!” The In anger Dervish charges blinded by rage towards Immeadies only for him to fly out of the window.

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2013 Shane Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

145 Views
Added on August 16, 2013
Last Updated on August 16, 2013
Tags: Dark, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, Monster, Demon, Life, Power, Hell, Earth, Throne, King, Warrior, Son


Author

Shane Williams
Shane Williams

Wolverhampton, West Midlands, United Kingdom



About
Dervish photoshop by ~Shane000 on deviantART I am a Illustrator, Photography, can write poems and I'm currently writting a fantasy/action/adventure story which had been influenced my lord of the ri.. more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Shane Williams