9:00pm

9:00pm

A Chapter by Faith
"

Meet Genevieve.

"
9:00pm

I met Genevieve. She was nice enough. Until she found out what I could do. We were talking, and then, she asked what I could do. I told her I would tell her if she did first. It went like this -

Genevieve entered the room.

"Hi." I looked up at her. Of corse this was the first time I'd ever met a girl my age. Or anyone my age.
"Hi. I'm Gen. Who are you?"

"My name is Mimic McGough. You must be the other NORMAL girl."

"Umm... No I'm not exactly what you would call normal..." She looked a little confused.

"No. NORMAL. Not On Right Mental Ability Level. NORMAL."

"Oh, then, yes, I am." She then looked at me with intense seriousness, "rummer is, this base has an alien the government is hiding and testing on... You don't know..?"

I began to laugh, "an alien?! I though that Dr. Starken was JOKING! Nonononono, there's no alien! They're hiding me. Because I'm NORMAL."

"You?" She had a questioning look on her face, "why? What do you do?"

"I'll tell you after you tell me yours."

"I'm tele... Physic. You?" She seemed uncertain at first but then confident.

"I'm... Well... You might want to get to know me before I tell you."

"Why? I trust you!"

"Fine. But don't judge me..." I prepared myself and then said the next part as fast as my mouth could move, "I can make people go insane and slowly die by looking at them." 
Unfortunately, she understood every word. She took a step back, seemed to realize what she was doing, and stood absolutely still.

"Sooo... No alien... Just... You..." She looked a mix between scared and disappointed. She seemed a little surprised as well.
							*

That night, I made dinner, Mac and Cheese. We sat down at the table, but didn't talk much. It was very awkward until Dr. Starken walked in.

"Hello ladies! It's time for your night tests!" She beamed, I groaned, and Gen just looked confused, "Gen, please follow me."

As the door opened, I heard a blood curdling scream. There was my victim. As Gen and Dr. Starken left, a man, about forty with fraying hair and a nicely kept suit came in. He was obviously one of the volunteers, not knowing they where signing up for the worst possible death. As the door slammed, the man looked up at me.

"Please... They told me everything... Please... I have a wife and three children..."

"Not like I choose this. Why would I?"

He looked up at me, "Fine... But you must promise me one thing..."

"Yes?"

"You must make sure my family is safe... Tell them I love them... And tell Leo to come home... We don't care about his... Gift..."

Dr. Starkens voice cracked through the mic in the room, "Mimic! Do it! It's almost break!"

I looked at the man, "yes..." I whispered, "and I'm so sorry."
I looked at him and concentrated on everything bad. How my parents stopped writing me, how I had this stupid ability, and even how I was stuck in this government base.

It took me a minute before I processed the scene before me. I must have been mad. He was rolling on the ground muttering things and pointing to nothingness. As he was dragged out of the room, Gen came in, staring at the man.

"Did you do that?" She asked shocked, yet impressed.

"Yes. It's usually prisoners. He was different."
I told Gen the whole story. What he said to her and her promise. Gen was a good listener, nodding and noting. Soon, I found myself telling her about my whole life. How this is where a grew up, about the tests, and how my parents stopped talking to me at six years old. She sat near me and converted me. 

So maybe she wasn't so bad. I am glad she is around. I must sleep now. It's getting late. I can feel Gen's eyes digging into me. She is scared. Goodnight book.


© 2013 Faith


Author's Note

Faith
There you go! A longish chapter!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
Added on November 19, 2013
Last Updated on November 19, 2013


Author

Faith
Faith

About
I love animals and writing. Check out some of my stories!!! XD more..

Writing
Immortals Immortals

A Screenplay by Faith


Help! - Leo Help! - Leo

A Book by Faith


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Faith





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5