August 10, 20XX

August 10, 20XX

A Chapter by Faith
"

The Escape.

"
August 10, 20XX
7:00am

I haven't written in days. I'm sorry. But here's the catchup, starting the night we ran.

"Ok," I looked at Gen nervously, "so, we just walk by as many people as possible, and threaten the rest?"

"Yep. Basically."

"You make it sound so easy."

"Thank you!" She grinned at me.

"Gen, we thought of everything but one, the guard still has the key!" 
I pointed outside my locked door to the hallway where a sleeping guard had a key on his belt.

"I got this." Gen held her finger up and the keys came buzzing in following her finger.

"Gen! You telekinetic!" I exclaimed.

"Yep. Now grab those keys!" She said nonchalant.
I grabbed the keys and unlocked the door. We made it surprisingly far without anyone noticing us. I was surprised. Eventually, our luck ran out. A guard looked at us before walking up.

"Hey, aren't your Project X?"

"Project X has a name," I growled.

"Mimic? That's what I hear the people muttering when they leave."

"Yes. Now, if I were you, I'd let me pass."

"Aren't you supposed to be in a solitary cell?" He looked worried.

"No." I muttered.

"I'm calling Dr..."

"NO!"

"That's it," he muttered before yelling, "CODE RED, CODE RED! PROJECT X!"

"Oh, you should not have done that..." I began my process of driving people mad as other troops ran up. Then Gen stopped me.

"Come on Mim! Don't bother! Just run!"
We both ran until we saw an exit. People were running after us, but not shooting. There was no way Dr. Dree or Dr. Starken would let's them shoot. Not yet anyway. 

We got out surprisingly easily. There were cars surrounding the building. Gen telekinetically lifted them. I knew that as much as we were in the lead, they would catch us. We would run out of breath, but they had lots of gas. Just then, I saw a field of tall grass. Grass taller then me and Gen.

"Quick!" I called, "to the grass! Maybe we can ditch them in there!"

We both reared I to the grass and began to run. A bullet whizzed past my arm, just missing me. Soon we did loss them. Unfortunately, we weren't alone.

I'm stopping so abruptly for only two reasons. One it's dinner. Two, its suspenseful. Write soon!

8:00pm

Ok, let's finish this part of the story.

"Freeze." Came a voice from behind us.
I looked around we were surrounded by three forms. When they stepped into the moonlight were I could see a cheetah, a boy with light chestnut hair and a kind face in a Kung-Foo position and a boy with bright red hair and freckles wielding fire.
"Who are you? Why are you here?" The boy with fire asked.

"Why does Leo - the guy with fire - not freak you out?" The other boy asked.

"I'm Gen!" Gen smiled, "Genevieve Faun. And this is my friend Mim! We are here running from the government, and by the looks of things, you are too!"

"Wow Gen. Waita blow our cover." I sighed.

"No..." Fire boy looked at us, "no, she's right! I'm Leo. This is Joey and Keyana." 

"Wow Leo," Joey laughed, "waita blow our cover!"

"Don't ever mock me." I said trying to look serious.

"Sorry!" He said meekly.

"Follow us." Leo began to walk in a direction followed by Joey and the cheetah Keyana.
Gen started to follow, so I followed as well. We found ourselves at a quaint little makeshift camp. Leo leaned down and a fire burst from his hand to the fire pit. The cheetah sat, then began to change. Soon a girl sat in he place.

"Ok," Leo began, "you first, then we'll tell you our story."

"Fine!" Gen started excitedly, "my name is Genevieve Faun, but people call me Gen. I'm telekinetic, but the government thinks I'm physic. This is Mim, or Mimic McGough. She can..."

I clapped my hand across her mouth before continuing, "acually, I think we should get to know them first."

"Oh!" Gen realized, "so you don't scare them?"

I clapped my hand against my head.

"Face-palm!" Keyana laughed from the corner.

"Fine," Leo snapped, "I'm Leo, I'm have control over fire, this Joey, he has uber senses. He could see a fence from a mile away! It comes with a price though, his sense of feeling is intensified as well. Don't slap him. And this is Keyana, a shapeshifter."

"Cool!" Gen bubbled.

"So your all NORMAL kids as well?" I piped up.

"No..." Leo began. "Hello? Wielding FIRE..!

Joey interrupted him, "yes! How did you know?"

"Oh I garrntee you I'll been classified as NORMAL much longer then you." I nodded.

"I'm lost!" Leo announced from the corner.

"NORMAL - Not On Right Mental Ability Level." I said as if I were talking to a two year old.
Everyone but Leo laughed.

"Guys! Dinners ready!" Joey's voice called from a nearby tent.

"Would you care to join us?" Keyana asked.

"Umm.." I began but was interrupted by Gen.

"Sure! That sounds great!"

"Right Gen. Lets just go ahead and eat with these total strangers!"

"Ok!" She smiled happily.
I rolled my eyes, but followed her into the tent. A fresh pot of stew sat on a little wooden table. There were three bolls sitting next to it.

"Oh! We only have three bolls!" Keyana exclaimed.

"No problem!" Gen smiled.
Gen moved her finger behind the tent and we heard a fiddling noise. Within a minute, to fresh bolls and five nice spoons came buzzing in.

"Sweet!" Joey laughed, "now we don't have to sip out carrots!"

That's all for today. We all drank our soup and got to know each other. I found that Leo really isn't that cold and Joeys quite funny! I tell you more tomorrow! So long book.


© 2013 Faith


Author's Note

Faith
Do you feel this is to rushed?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on November 19, 2013
Last Updated on November 19, 2013


Author

Faith
Faith

About
I love animals and writing. Check out some of my stories!!! XD more..

Writing
Immortals Immortals

A Screenplay by Faith


Help! - Leo Help! - Leo

A Book by Faith


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Faith