Chapter 7: The Awakening

Chapter 7: The Awakening

A Chapter by Fallen hero
"

Samuel searches for his escort and her troops, when he awakens lost and befuddled.

"

                           

                           Chapter 7: The Awakening

Your eyes open as the morning sunlight peeks through the tall green grass around you. The grass around you shifts as the cold wind pushes through the plaza's center. Slowly rising you notice the eeriness of the environment around you. As the Light rain around you falls, You pull your hood above your head to block the irritation of the water. Realizing you are alone you head to a light in the fallen skyscraper in front of you. Pushing ahead you come along a stream that seems to lead right under the building's base. The creek runs down hill slowly in the direction of the city that was set ablaze the night before. You push forward through thick grass as you slowly march for the city in the darkness ahead of you. With the sound of the running creek beside you, you follow a small trail down into the rubble beneath the collapsed tunnel's entrance. You make your way through cords of intertwined vines as the sun peeks through holes in the rubble above.
The world seems to settle as you make it into the opening in front of you. The sky peeks through tree roots above, while the creek settles into a small oval pool below. Ahead of you lies a supply crate unbroken by the tumbling fall it must have taken down the hole above you. Slowly you descend to the crate in the small oval pool. Pushing past a small waterfall you splash through the water toward the crate. Suddenly voices emerge echoing through the cave.
“I heard the water shake up.” echos a light voice. “Should we check from the nest?”
“ Might as well that crate has some good s**t in it I bet, we just gotta figure a way down there.” Replies a husky sounding man.
You slyly push your way against the wall using the overhang and brush as cover. Suddenly a round husky man appears through a hole in the wall that you are facing. Oblivious to your location the man slowly crouches his way into the room hiding behind a fallen traffic median, he is just sitting in front of you unaware that you're a mere ten feet away in the tall brush. Trying not to laugh you slowly raise in the grass without making a sound. The man gets up from his stance and yells to his partner above to check from the nest.
You mockingly get up pull out your pistol and stroll behind him with three in the chamber. Slowly you tap him on the head with the tip of your pistol, then swiftly bash his head against the barrier knocking him out cold. You hear the clicking of boots as the man's partner slowly walks up to the nest to check. Quickly you duck into the shadow beneath the nest above.
“ Charlie the coast is clear.” he says as he points his rifle toward the crate.
You chuck a rock across the room towards the door the husky man entered in quickly drawing the partners attention over there. Jumping up you reach up to a piece of concrete in the wall next to you. Pulling yourself up you latch onto the nest's edge. Climbing over the edge, you suddenly notice the man is guarding the stairway up to him because of the noise below. Slowly you crouch behind a small rock covering in the hallway's wall. Catching your breath you pull from behind the rock to find a young man pointing a rifle at your face. Reeling back you tumble to the ground on your butt. Sliding beneath him and grabbing the rifle barrel. Pulling the gun under his legs as you slide under him, you rise quickly beating him repeatedly with the handle of your pistol from behind.
The young boy and husky man end up tied up next to the crate where they awaken. You lay patiently against a rock that sits across the water. The crate only contained two boxes of 9 mm rounds and an aid box full of non perishable food. The rifle is an standard issue carter's gen rifle. The rifle is more lethal than the sting of a scorpion and the speed of a cheetah. At least that’s what the commercials said before the fall.
“Food check, water check, bullets check, annoying amateurs... sadly check.” You say taking a stroll over to the crate. “Maybe one of you jackasses wants to tell me where you came from, before I get impatient.”


“Burn in hell a*****e.” says the husky man stuck to the crate.

Pulling your magnum out you put the barrel to his forehead.

They say a hero's actions are always good, but what happens when your morals and mine don't line up does that make me a hero or a villain....I guess we'll see.”



© 2013 Fallen hero


Author's Note

Fallen hero
Hope you enjoy the next chapter ! I'm sorry it took a bit longer than all the other chapters enjoy Samuel's first civilian battle.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great chapter. I like how the main character is showing such a badass attitude in the face of danger.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Fallen hero

10 Years Ago

He is supposed to stand for a hardened soul in a destructive, and dangerous world. Also this is brou.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 8, 2013
Last Updated on August 11, 2013
Tags: Darkness, Action, Adventure


Author

Fallen hero
Fallen hero

Naples, FL



About
I'm a college student majoring in architecture and my writing is not always consistent but I will be trying to to upload new content every Saturday. more..

Writing