AN INHUMAN WAR

AN INHUMAN WAR

A Poem by Red Rose
"

How can we let them die and still call ourselves human?

"
A boy was discovered under the rubble of his home,
blood and dust masked his shock.
His family not to be seen anymore.
Do you know him?
"Which one?"

Two kids were hauled in,
to identify a lifeless body.
A teardrop slipped down their cheek
as they recognized their once beautiful mother.
But moved aside, the next orphan was dragged in.
There was no time.

A lone man weeped over his small house,
he lost after the bombing.
The tears weren't for his home, 
but for his dead wife stuck beneath the debris.

The survivors felt no sympathy,
they've had it worse.
Just keep surviving,
even with no hope.

Or is there? 

You can be their light,
 even if its just a spark.
They live in darkness,
so you light their path.

Why the hesitation?
Religion and race. 
Of course, why else?
But in the end,
we are all human...
...Aren't we? 


https://youtu.be/piqR5EA2Z9A

Please take a look at the above link... it's just one of the thousand videos out there.

© 2016 Red Rose


Author's Note

Red Rose
The other day I watched a few shocking videos of the war taking place in Syria, Palestine and some other countries. All of their broken and sad cries shook me up. I couldn't speak for a long time and I ended up crying myself to sleep. What's happening right now is unforgivable! I want to help in some way.
And so this is my feeble attempt to spread awareness of the inhuman war.
This is the only way Im able to help.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

True when you see stuff like this you really do see how pathetic your small problems are compared to people who have lost everything .... but when you see them still surviving still having hope still believing it's just....... so pathetic to see yourself giving up on life and love and hope when they were the people who would have done something like that and to realize that those people are stronger than you in so many ways. I am happy you shared this, you did your part . As a writer this is your share of spreading peace .Nice piece and a lot to learn from.

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Red Rose

7 Years Ago

Thankyou.. That was my intention.



Reviews

This poem made me pity the kind of life I have compared to someone living where their is a war going on.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We are not the first generation to experience this kind of violence all over the world, yet we are the first generation that gets to witnesses first hand with all the advancement of technology and social media... yet there is absolutely nothing we can do about it, and majority of people just continue on with their lives, complaining about trivial things, not seen that there is someone out there that is going through so much worse. this is beautiful. so much said with so little words

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The images which you have spetl out in this poem are very vivid and so real to the eye whenever we turn on the tv. It's a cruel world we live in and I really feel the sadness which you expressed in the poem. It's such a delicate subject to write about so hard to truly understand unless we are there. The boy in the rubble with blood and dust masking his face is the image which sums the whole war thing up - Kids should have toys to play with and not wars to contend with. These are the images which are so haunting to see.

I feel your sadness, I really do.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Feeeel Poor Effects Of War
In War one party wins other loses but humanity lost everytime lots of people lose thier loves ones in war on both sides of border war is just against humanity war always effect humans on both sides
Happy To See Your Work Here On Peoples Condition After War

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Uh this is so beautiful! It gave me goosebumps. I love the story behind this. Great, great, great, can I only say.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Here in the USA, we see these videos many times a day on the news. It's horrible to see this mess unfold in front of our eyes, but I also understand why we won't fight this fight. We've already been fighting too many fights for years & years. We pick the wrong fights, in my opinion. It's very sad the way we are becoming numb to so much pain & heartbreak all over the world. Your poem expresses this so well becuz you use excellent details that are shocking without being overly dramatic -- the truth is bad enuf without being exaggerated with drama. I also love the way you are saying this without blame . . . it seems there's such a crazy blame-game going on everywhere these days. Good job shining a light on an important tragedy that will define 2016.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This reminds me of some stories I have been studying about the Holocaust and WWII. War is always a sad time for the country it takes place in. This shows that emotion of a war and what it's people have been feeling. But it also shows that as people of a war we have to be strong for our country and for the people we love because honestly, we don't know how much time we have left with them. This is a truly heart breaking, yet beautiful piece with most outstanding description. Keep writing, I always love reading your work!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Red Rose

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I'm super stoked that you always like my work ^-^
What a great poem; a really strong theme shown and you approached it with sensitivity. What this poem does is create an emotional attachment with the reader: when we read the news we are given facts but we aren't really given a proper insight into someone's life. This is what your poetry has done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

We live in a world where distance seems to dull humanity. If a person is killed half way around the world, then what does that have to do with me? Its just a picture on the news. Back to my facebook or new iphone. We as the human race MUST learn to care for each other, no matter differences.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Red Rose

7 Years Ago

My thoughts exactly! This is how people have now become. Thank you for understanding!
It was very good to read...as for Syria..u are right this is the only way we all can help...by praying by blessing them..And Your poem is just fascinating

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

991 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 25, 2016
Last Updated on December 25, 2016
Tags: Suffering, loss, war

Author

Red Rose
Red Rose

Kandy, Central Province, Sri Lanka



About
18 hyper and eccentric! (coz honestly normal is boring :P) Dream big and dream a lot. You don't always need a reason. Do it just because. #zquad ^-^ more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Intoxicate Intoxicate

A Chapter by HeyJadeXO