*YOU*

*YOU*

A Poem by Silmara McGarry


You are like diamonds of golden light,

Always shining so bright.

You are fresh breath of a new life,

In a world so tight.

You are sweet everlasting love

one can hope to find,

In days where love means no

more than blind selfishness of life,

You are the peaceful mountain

where my body lay down at peace

together with the happiness of my mind.

 

© 2017 Silmara McGarry


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Another lovely poem with great imagination of beloved for the lover. I love the metaphors that you have used in the poem and also the rhymes. Every line is touching to a reader's heart. a beautiful love poem in short and few words. I enjoy it. Thanks for sharing. Keep writing.

Best
szhzia

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Silmara McGarry

7 Years Ago

Much appreciated truly! Thanks a million, Zia ;-)
Take care.
:-)
Sil
SZHZIA

7 Years Ago

It is my pleasure and you are welcome as always. ;-) zia



Reviews

I love the way you capture emotion in your words. I feel so moved when I read your work, it's quite remarkable. Thank You.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silmara McGarry

7 Years Ago

You are so kind, Anna! Many thanks for appreciating my work and for your wonderful review!
Anna Moore

7 Years Ago

You're welcome. If you might have the time to review some of my writing then please feel free to do .. read more
Silmara McGarry

7 Years Ago

I already did :-) And really enjoy it!!!
Another lovely poem with great imagination of beloved for the lover. I love the metaphors that you have used in the poem and also the rhymes. Every line is touching to a reader's heart. a beautiful love poem in short and few words. I enjoy it. Thanks for sharing. Keep writing.

Best
szhzia

Posted 7 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Silmara McGarry

7 Years Ago

Much appreciated truly! Thanks a million, Zia ;-)
Take care.
:-)
Sil
SZHZIA

7 Years Ago

It is my pleasure and you are welcome as always. ;-) zia
Oh God, another brilliant poem. :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silmara McGarry

7 Years Ago

So kind of you, Lyla :-) Many thanks indeed!
This is a nice statement describing many lovely details about why another person is special. Your writing is well done and your ideas are interesting. My only drawback is that some of the phrases you use are ones that are used a lot in poetry: "diamonds in the light" . . . "breath of new life" . . . "everlasting love" . . . "peaceful mountain" . . . and again "lay down at peace" -- using the same word (peaceful/peace) over again, try to find a different way to say it.

I encourage you to dig deep and find new ways to say these same old things that are said over & over in millions of love poems. SHOW me the details of why this other person means so much to you. One aspect of diamonds that makes them so special is the way the light reflects into a prism of colors . . . otherwise it would just be a piece of cut glass. Take advantage of such vivid details to convey how a diamond is special in the same way the beloved is special. Instead of a peaceful mountain, dig deep and find new words everybody is not in the habit of using . . . like tranquil mountain or mesmerizing mountain . . . this is how to write a love poem that stands out with originality, instead of being same-ole-same-old.

Sorry for the tough love, but your writing is too good to settle for mundane descriptions.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Silmara McGarry

7 Years Ago

It was one of my first poems. I wrote it in less then 10 min., it come out of nowhere, I just wanted.. read more
and this called... true love where only the real peace of heart, & the balanced state of mindfulness be together found... at peek of light. very deep & artistic poetry you've come up with. nice imagery here.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silmara McGarry

7 Years Ago

Thanks indeed for reading and your kind lovely review! I really appreciated :-)

All t.. read more
Indeed in this materialistic world, it is really difficult to find true love. But if one finds it, then its the best thing that he / she could have. It will give him/ her strength and hope. It will give him / her a reason to smile.

This is another simple yet elegant poem. Goo job :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


A heart which has the love that doesn't fear any other force of this world, and which gives his/her beloved a place to feel secure... When someone has this much love in his/her heart, nothing can cause harm to that person... It is a very joyful write of love... Passionate and magnificent...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Silmara McGarry

7 Years Ago

Perfect words Dhiman. Beautiful are all hearts that does not fear the force of love.Thanks a million.. read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

884 Views
17 Reviews
Added on August 30, 2016
Last Updated on December 17, 2017

Author

Silmara McGarry
Silmara McGarry

Instagram: @sil_mcgarry, United Kingdom



About
I often try to see the world with angels eyes... To leave people better then I found them, even if is just with a smile... I Love God above all... Simple love poems are my favourite... Most of wha.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Darkness Darkness

A Poem by mattavelli