Anonymous existence

Anonymous existence

A Poem by Siena - Silent Awakenings.
"

A 17 year old confused, shes been abuse... by her friends and those who say they love her. But do they? Shes unsure if anythings good anymore...

"
Smoking, teasing, stealing, sneezing.
 Peer pressure when i'm on a down low, everything but a hoe. You know... Breezy on the horizon of this mad land, its no bad land. But in my hand, I see a life wasting, its being pulled down the sink or strangled in an alleyway. Its being taken for granted, when everyone else is in the sky. They're high. Every second shes on guard, but every other minute shes got it hard. A smack in the leg, or a slap on her cheek. Shes ashamed of what her life will now be.
        Drinking, running, sleeping, humming.

Nothing precious but a guy she once knew, hes changed now... and never sees her like he used too, maybe it was her. And her friends told her "No!" Or  maybe she just grew up to be a hoe. Like the rest of them are. But its not like that, she tells herself. Its them and not me, i'm never gonna be like I used to be every other week. When I got high and dreamed of a better place to fly. But in this world, I'd prefer to be me than to pretend to be someone within a dream within a dream.

© 2012 Siena - Silent Awakenings.


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Siena - Silent Awakenings.
Sorry for repetition of the word hoe, mhm i think i was in a state when i wrote this. aha, hope you can relate to it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"But in this world, I'd prefer to be me than to pretend to be someone within a dream within a dream."
Better to be real and seek real dreams. Can't allow the world to control your journey. I like your thoughts and the strong ending. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

is this a poem or is it lyrics..? lot's of good stuff here.. powerful

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very interesting poem...being yourself is probably one of the most important things in life. A very good poem

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Many lives are wasted as a result of worshiping pleasure. Seeking intense experiences, one can be caught in a self-destructive downward spiral. To avoid that, we need to seek good association among people who have better moral standards. It sounds preachy, but it's true. Sleep with dogs and you get fleas. And we can make better choices in life. You just have to know where to look. Your poem highlights the misery and sadness so prevalent today, especially in big cities. You can be your own person and still make wise choices. You paint a vivid picture with your words. Keep writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

mm yes...hard life to rise above..not knowing its possible to change..heavy subject

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very well written! Truth is often raw but needs to be spoken sometimes. Great work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

damn...this reminds me of most the girls i went to school with. its sad too see how beautiful girls out themselves down like that. well written and truthful piece

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like it. Being yourself is the best anyone can do. Good write!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting poem and execution. It flowed very well as I read it and that made it easier to relate to the words on the page.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Be you. Don't let others tell you how to live your life or what to do or what not to do. Live as yourself, because you wouldn't be the way you are if it wasn't meant to be.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

807 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 28, 2011
Last Updated on June 3, 2012

Author

Siena - Silent Awakenings.
Siena - Silent Awakenings.

United Kingdom



About
Siena / 25 / England I adore Writing. Please check out my contest winners, they are all so great: http://www.writerscafe.org/contests/Show-me-the-determination.-/14590/ http://www.writersca.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


DAMNED DAMNED

A Poem by Muse


Stuffed Stuffed

A Poem by Muse


Dreamland Dreamland

A Poem by Belle