Chapter 1- Thiethittis

Chapter 1- Thiethittis

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

 “Quick, run, Opal,” called a small fluffy cat with light blue eyes and wings as she flew by a girl’s head. 

            The girl had dark, long, black hair that constantly changed colors but always remained black; also, her hair looked like it had sparkles in it.  She had dark blue eyes, and had on black jeans and a short-sleeve, light-blue shirt and a long, see-through, silver silk jacket.  Around her waist, she had a silk scarf on and it was different shades of blue.  Her shoes were black with silver; they were the kind that you could just slip on, but that wouldn’t come off if you ran a lo.  She also had on a silver necklace with a one-and-a-half-inch opal pendant.  Last, on her right wrist was a thin silver chain with a moon on it. 

            “Where is Lapis?” asked Opal as she kept on running. 

            “Here I am,” called a blue and silver dragon from behind a building. 

            “Quick that way,” called Marshmallow as she flew over to where Lapis was.  Opal quickly veered over to the building and hid behind it.  The people who were chasing her just ran by without noticing. 

            “I don’t get it.  Why do these Experimenters always seem to find us?” asked Opal, while they were walking over to a store. 

            “I don’t know, but at least they never catch us,” said Lapis before Opal went into the store. 

            Opal looked around as Lapis and Marshmallow stayed out of sight. 

            “Oh my, are you a Child of Heaven?” asked the owner and she quickly went over to Opal so as not to be heard. 

            Opal just looked at her then asked, “Are you a Messenger?” 

            “Yes, I’m a one of the ones that your kind calls Messenger,” said the woman.  “Then that means that you are one right?” asked the woman again. 

            “Yes…” said Opal cautiously.  

            “Oh, good, so do you have a place to stay?” asked the woman. 

            “Yes, I do,” said Opal, thinking that now would be a good time to bow out gracefully, or more of run out quickly. 

“Oh… well, if there is anything that you need just tell me,” said the woman. 

“Look, no offence, but why don’t you Messengers just mind your own business.  After all, we never asked for your help.  Sure, some of us appreciate it, but others just find it annoying that you humans butt in on things that don’t concern you.  After all, we are the ones that have the problem,” finished Opal as she started to leave. 

“I’m sorry.  It’s just I had a daughter and she was a Child of Heaven and then one of the SODs found her and, well, they… they took her away,” said the woman. 

“Who was this Experimenter?” asked Opal.  After all, they would have to be very good friends.  Especially if this woman would let him near her daughter. 

“He was her father, my husband,” said the woman sadly. 

‘It’s amazing how a family can be so easily pulled apart,’ thought Opal to herself. 

“So, um, where is your family?” asked the woman. 

As Opal turned to leave, she said, “They left me a long time ago.” 

“Oh well…” said the woman, suddenly interrupted by her husband. 

“Honey, what are you doing?” called her husband as he came over to them.  Opal just looked at him, and he looked at her.  “Uh, honey, I can handle this one.  Why don’t you go to the cash register,” said the man. 

The woman looked at her husband and then at Opal.  Opal looked at the man, then at the door.  The woman knew what was going to happen, so she started to talk to her husband to distract him so Opal could get away.  As the woman talked to her husband, Opal started for the door and quickly ducked out while the couple was talking. 

Outside, Lapis and Marshmallow met up with Opal and Lapis asked, “So where are the things you bought?” 

“I couldn’t get anything.  The owner was a Messenger,” said Opal annoyed.  Then she continued, “Her husband was an Experimenter, and it turns out that their daughter was a COL but the husband took her away,” said Opal. 

“I swear, it’s amazing that this world is still in one piece,” said Marshmallow. 

“Yeah, you think that the three different groups would split the world,” said Lapis. 

“Well, we sort of have.  After all, there is that City,” said Opal. 

“Maybe we should go there so we can have some time off from running around,” said Lapis. 

“Yeah.  After all, it would be best to lay low for now,” said Opal. 

So Opal, Marshmallow, and Lapis all left for the Ancient City of Light.  On the way, they passed through a forest. 

“Hurry, run, Sthy,” called bright blue fox with dark black and red wings as he flew past Opal and the others, soon followed by a boy.  The boy had bright red hair and the tips of his hair were black.  He had dark green eyes.  He had on dark blackish-blue jeans with a blue t-shirt and a black jacket, white socks and black sneakers. 

Suddenly an Experimenter grabbed the boy and the blue fox came flying back. 

“Quick, Marshmallow, flute,” said Opal, as soon as the fox got caught.  Marshmallow changed into a gold flute and Opal stayed behind a tree and said to Lapis, “When I start playing, you get them out of there.” 

Then she started to play the flute.  When she did, Lapis quickly flew over and got the boy and the fox both out of there.  When Marshmallow changed into a flute and Opal played it, she was able to control anything around her. 

The Experimenters were busy fighting back vines that were whipping them.  Opal was controlling the vines.  With them, she tied up the people and came out from behind the tree.  Then Marshmallow changed back to her original form. 

“Thanks!  Now, let’s get out of here,” said Sthy, out of breath. 

“Wait,” said one of the Experimenters.   She was about the same age as Opal and Sthy. 

“What do you want?” snapped Flair. 

“How did you do that?” asked the girl. 

“Well, what would you expect?” asked Opal with a cold smile on her face. 

“So where are you going?” asked the girl.  Opal and the others just looked at her.

“Would you by any chance be a Child of Light?” asked Marshmallow.  The girl instantly got quiet and didn’t say another thing. 

So the others left for the City of Light.  On the way, Sthy asked, “So what can you guys do?” 

Opal looked at him and, as she pushed a vine out of the way, she said, “First of all, my name is Opal and second of all I am a shape shifter.” 

“Oh, my name is Sthy and I can walk through things,” said Sthy.

At that minute, Marshmallow went over to Opal and sat on her head while Lapis flew over to Opal and said to her, “We are being followed.”  Flair flew over to Sthy and put his front paws over his shoulder. 

Opal stopped and hid behind a tree; Sthy did the same.  Suddenly, that girl came walking by and looked around and then walked on. 

“I wonder what she is doing here, like why she is following us?” asked Sthy after he was sure she was gone. 

“Probably to find out where we are going,” said Lapis. 

Before they got to the City of Light, they took a break.  They found a lake and a cave.  They decided to rest there for the night.  While Opal set up a camp in the cave, Sthy and Flair took a swim in the lake (Sthy had his swimsuit).  The way Opal made camp was: Lapis turned into a pen and Opal drew as if the cave was the background and she added other things like pillows and blankets. 

“Okay, I’m done.  Why don’t you go now,” said Sthy as he came in. 

Opal had also drawn some towels.  So she went over to the lake, looked around, then waved her hand in front of her.  She started from her head and then brought her hand down.  As she did, her cloths changed.  She now had on a long, flowing, silk dress.  It was light blue at the top and then, the lower down it got, the darker the blue became until finally it turned into black. 

Opal started to walk over to the water and then walked on it.  When she put her foot on the water, there were small ripples across the water and as she walked out to the middle of the lake, the ripples would follow behind her.  When she was in the center, she sat down and looked at her reflection.  Then she waved her hand across the water and the picture changed.  It showed a huge mansion and out in the equally big yard there was a boy. 

He had black hair with a tint of red, and bright blue eyes.  He had on a clean black suit and the exact same necklace that Opal had, except it was a gold chain and instead of an opal it was a ruby.  He sat down on a bench and looked around.  Then when he saw no one was around, he looked into the pond that was in front of him and he did the same as Opal had done.  He waved his hand across the water and Opal appeared in the it. 

“How are you?” asked Opal. 

“Okay, and you?” asked the boy. 

“Fine.  Have they found out yet?” asked Opal. 

“No.  Are you sure that you don’t want to come back?” asked the boy. 

“You mean you risked being found out just to ask me that?” asked Opal. 

“Well, I miss you.  After all, you are my sister,” said the boy. 

“Oh, Ruby, I’m not going to be home until I find it,” said Opal sadly. 

“But why?” asked Ruby. 

“Well, because…” said Opal. 

“Why won’t you come home?” asked Ruby. 

“You know that ever since the Experimenters found out about me, it’s not safe for you if I stay.  Plus I am also looking for mom and dad.  In fact, have they come home yet?” asked Opal. 

“No.  They haven’t been home since the day they left,” said Ruby. 

“It’s hard to believe that it’s been 14 years since they left,” said Opal.  Then changing the subject, “So how are your powers coming along?  Have you discovered them yet, you know the stone power?” asked Opal. 

“No, maybe I don’t have…” said Ruby, but he was suddenly interrupted by Opal. 

“Don’t say that!  Of course you have.  After all, all of us Stones have power,” said Opal. 

“I guess you’re right.  Can’t I come along with you?” asked Ruby. 

“No you know that it’s not safe,” said Opal. 

“Opal, are you done yet?” called Sthy. 

“Who was that?” asked Ruby. 

“Not yet,” called Opal back to Sthy, then turning her attention to Ruby, “Just someone I met on the way.” 

“Oh, are Marshmallow and Lapis there?” asked Ruby. 

“Lazuli misses them and so does Chocolate,” said Ruby as a red and gold dragon and a small fluffy black dog with light red wings and eyes appeared in the picture. 

“Yeah, I’ll call them,” said Opal.  Then she called, “Marshmallow, Lapis, come here a sec.”  Lapis and Marshmallow came rushing over after they poked their heads out of the bushes and noticed that Opal was talking to her brother.  They wasted no time but started talking to Lazuli and Chocolate. 

“Well, I guess that they missed them as well,” said Ruby and they both laughed. 

While they were talking, Sthy and Flair were talking, when all of a sudden there was a flash and a boy appeared in front of the cave. 

“Well, I guess we’ll talk to you guys when we get to you-know-where,” said Opal.  Then she waved her hand over the water and it was normal again.  She quickly walked back to the shore and waved her hand in front of herself again and her clothes changed back to the ones she had before. 

“Uh, Opal,” called Sthy.  “Can you come here a second?”

Opal quickly went to where Sthy was and she saw the boy in front of the cave.  He had dark purple and red hair with blue tips and dark stormy blue eyes.  He had on black jeans and a black, short-sleeve shirt with a silver jacket; he also had on white socks and silver sneakers. 

“I did it,” said the boy as he raised his hands to the sky. 

“Did what exactly?” asked Flair. 

“Oh, hi, my name is Sento and I just traveled through time,” said Sento. 

“Oh… cool,” said Opal.  For them, it wasn’t that big of a deal; after all, Children of Light always traveled through time.  That is, if that was their power. 

Then Sento saw Flair, Marshmallow, and Lapis and asked, “Where and when am I?” 

“Uh, well, you are on Thiethittis and the year is 9720; the month is Quakether and the day is 1,” said Opal. 

“Amazing!  I’m not even on Earth.  Wait, what number month is Quakether?” asked Sento. 

“Uh, it’s the 14th out of 19 months, but this year we have 20 months,” said Sthy. 

“Oh, so who are you people?” asked Sento. 

“Well, I’m Opal and this is Marshmallow, Lapis, Sthy, and Flair.  Also, by the way, we aren’t people; we are Children and Animals of Light,” said Opal. 

“Uh, what do you mean?  Do you have any powers?” asked Sento. 

“First of all, on our planet there are seven groups:  one, normal people; two, normal animals; three, Children of Light who all have their own powers; four, Animals of Light who all have their own powers; five, Experimenters who are always trying to catch Children and Animals of Light; six, PAS " Protectors and Savior " or WOT " Wasters of Time; and seven, the mythical creatures,” finished Sthy. 

“Cool!  So you guys do have powers,” said Sento. 

“Yeah, I can change into anything,” said Opal. 

“I can walk through anything,” said Sthy.

“And we can change into different things,” said Flair. 

“So do you have any powers?” asked Opal. 

“Well, I’m really smart,” said Sento. 

“So I guess you are considered a Child of Light,” said Sthy. 

“Does that mean these Experimenters guys are going to try and get me?” asked Sento. 

“Yeah, I guess so.  But if you promise to stay on our side, then we can promise you protection,” said Opal. 

“Okay.  After all, it will be a while before I can go back,” said Sento. 



© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was Realy intresting im already hooked wanting to know why they are running and from who!! at the start i thought it ran into it too quickly and sometime lost what was happening Overall really good ill surely read the rest x x Keep up the good Work

Posted 13 Years Ago


You added a lot of dialogue into this story, but it is sometimes hard to tell who is talking. It may help if you find specific tics in each character's speech that can help you separate them from each other. I'm not sure if you want to use conjunctions in your speech or if you are deliberately trying to make it sound formal by eliminating those...they may help make your characters sound more natural. Keep working with that dialogue because once you figure out how each individual character sounds, the story will progress rapidly.

Nice job,
Lieka

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

295 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing