Chapter 9- Hidden Side of the Star of Life

Chapter 9- Hidden Side of the Star of Life

A Chapter by MirageDreamer

“We are glad thee is safe and, just so you know, Flair arrived safely, so thou need not be concerned for him,” said Air.

“You have another reason for calling us though, am I not right?” asked Fire. 

“Yes.  I was wondering a few things:  one, is anyone else’s life in danger; two, what will become of Sthy; three, will we find our parents soon; and four, I still have not found out what the book that you had Yin-Yang give me says.”

“First of all, no one else’s life is in danger,” said Earth.  

“Second, Sthy will find peace.  Not by the stone, but instead by the future,” said Water.

“Third, you will find your parents soon, but take caution, even the ones you love might not be able to be trusted.  Therefore, please, Child of the Stone, please do what you know must be done and not what you want to do,” said Dark.  When she said that, she seemed sorry for some reason.

“Last, the item that Yin-Yang gave you is the key,” said Light.

“Daughter of the Stones, since this is the last time we will talk before you leave, we must tell you:  do not be fooled.  Ones who seem to be friends or allies might as well be betrayers or enemies,” said Spirit. 

Then, from out of nowhere, came three other Oracles.  The first of them to speak had a long black dress, with sparkles that made it glisten like the darkest of nights alight with thousands of stars.  Her eyes and long hair where midnight-black, but they too seemed to sparkle with stars.  “We wish you the best of luck,” said the Oracle named Space. 

The next to speak was Time.  She had on a long silver dress.  She had eyes and long hair that were a glistening silver.  She said, “We also ask, that �" when the time comes �" you forgive us for what happens, and that you know �" even when time and space separate you �" you are still right next to one and other.” 

The last to speak was Destiny.  She had a long dress that changed slowly to every color.  At one time, one part of her dress might be blue, then fade into green, while other parts would be red, and fade into orange.  Her dress kept on changing colors.  The same was true with her eyes and long hair.  She said, “Now, you must go.  When you discover what it is that that book says, you must find and use it.” 

“Okay, and I thank you all,” said Opal.  Then she left, and put the mirror away. 

She took out the book and bag that Yin-Yang had given her.  She looked in the bag, and there was a flat circular crystal.  It was about three inches big, and thinner than paper. 

She held it up.  When she looked through it, she saw the room but it was all distorted.  Then she looked through it at the book, and she could read it.  It said, ‘In the first year Thiethittis was made, the Oracles, Divine Spirits, Dragons of the Elements, and the Mystic Creatures of the Universe all created the first �" and only �" Hidden Side of the Star of Life, made from pure Life Crystal.  It contains an unlimited amount of power, which in the right hands could bring about unending peace.  However, in the wrong hands it could bring about untold chaos and disaster.  The very scale of Thiethittis would become unbalanced and shatter; the very thread of life, time, and existence would be unraveled.  Therefore the creators hid it. They hid it in the very heart of Thiethittis.  Only when day meets night can one find it there.’ 

After Opal read that, she thought for a bit.  Then she went outside and went over to where everyone was and asked, “Can we wait one more day, you know so… Sento can practice more stone spells?” 

“Sure, but… Never mind, let’s wait one more day,” said Topaz, a little curious as to why she wanted to wait a day. 

When everyone had agreed and started practicing or modifying their weapons, Topaz went over to Opal.  She was looking to where the sun would set, then turning to where the moon would rise, and she seemed to be thinking the entire time.  “Uh, Opal, may I ask why you wish to spend one more day?” 

“Well, I talked to the Oracles again, and they told me to find whatever was in the book,” said Opal. 

“What did the book say?” asked Topaz.

“It mentioned the Hidden Side of the Star of Life.  Also, it said they hid it.  They hid it in the very heart of Thiethittis.  Only when day meets night, can one find it there,” said Opal. 

At the mention of the Hidden Side of the Star of Life, Topaz seemed to remember something.  After all, he was one of the Divine Spirits.  “The Hidden Side of the Star of Life!” said Topaz shocked.  Then more calmly, he added, “Oh, yes, I remember that.” 

“You know where it is then?” asked Opal. 

“Yes.  So that is why you wanted to wait,” said Topaz.  “Uh, Opal, if you want, I can show you the way,” he volunteered. 

“That would be great.  Uh, can we get there and back by tomorrow?” asked Opal, wondering if she should ask for another day. 

“Yes.  In fact, it will only take about eight hours or so.  It will take only about fours hour to get there, and four hours to get back.  But then we will have to wait for the right time,” said Topaz. 

“Oh, good!  Why don’t we leave now?” said Opal. 

“Sure, but we best tell everyone,” said Topaz. 

They told everyone that they were going to be gone for a while.  Opal transformed into an arrowdragon.  Arrowdragons are one of the fastest dragons in all of Thiethittis.  Topaz transformed into a lightning phoenix.  Lightning phoenixes are another of the fastest creatures in all of Thiethittis.  

Opal wasn’t entirely sure where they were going.  It seemed like they were heading to The Ancient Land.  However, before they got there they stopped.  The island was small and it had a small shrine.

“So now we just wait?” asked Opal. 

“Yes.  If you want, I can show you a stone spell that I created.  It is a reflectance spell,” said Topaz. 

“Sure, I’d love that,” said Opal.  So Opal practiced the spell and before they knew it, there were only a few more minutes before sunset.  

“Okay, when it appears, quickly take it,” said Topaz. 

“Okay,” said Opal, as she went over to the shrine. 

The shrine had no walls.  In the very center, there was a platform made out of rainbow crystal.  Hanging from the roof on three of the four sides were silver and gold silk threads. 

The sun was half down, and the moon was half up.  The sky was magnificent at this time of the day.  The side with the moon was night, and the side with the sun was day.  Right in the middle where the shrine was, it was purple, while the side with night was a dark blue, and the side with day was a bright pink. 

Suddenly, there was a faint flash of rainbow light, and the Hidden Side of the Star of Life appeared.  Opal quickly took it.  Then there was another flash.  “What was the second flash for?” asked Opal. 

“Well, you see, the first is to reveal whatever is on the rainbow stone  The second is to hide it again,” finished Topaz. 

“Oh… So we should go back now,” said Opal. 

“Yeah.  Oh, also just so you know, that stone changes into any weapon, shield or item that you need,” said Topaz, as they transformed into the same creatures that they were when they went there.  Then they left for the Castle of Shadows. 

“Hey, you guys,” called Opal, as she and Topaz landed and transformed back to their original forms. 

“Did you get what you wanted to?” asked Diamond as they all went over. 

“Yeah.  See!  So, Sento, you learn any new spells?” asked Opal as she showed the Hidden Side of the Star of Life to Diamond. 

“Yeah, I learned the fire and earth one,” said Sento.

“Good,” said Opal. 

“So tomorrow is the last day there will be this illusion,” said Topaz. 

“Yeah.  Tomorrow we fight,” said Opal. 

“We best all get a good night’s sleep,” said Ruby. 


© 2011 MirageDreamer


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
Added on March 12, 2011
Last Updated on March 12, 2011


Author

MirageDreamer
MirageDreamer

... who knows *shrug*..., FL



About
meow V =^-.-^= I’m an amateur writer and love writing just as much as i love reading manga, drawing, listening to music, and watching anime I write my stories while seeing them play out as.. more..

Writing