Chapter 2: Interrogation And An Ally

Chapter 2: Interrogation And An Ally

A Chapter by Hunter C. Brown

CRACK!  Once again my flesh burned like hot metal was being poured down my back.  SNAP! Another whip to the back, would the searing pain ever end?  Again the thin man would speak, probably asking me questions.  I couldn't answer, I didn't understand.  
"Stop," I cried. "Please stop!"  Like before the man did not understand what I was saying.  He was becoming increasingly frustrated.  Calling for more and more lashes to the skin on my back. Hot blood poured from the painful open wounds that covered my skin.  I couldn't withstand this horrible torture much longer.  Then, it ended.  The whip stopped coming down.
The thin man bent down to examine my my face carefully.  He looked directly into my eyes, as if he was examining my very soul.  Suddenly he stood up.  He took one more glance at me then snapped his fingers to the man with the whip and pointed to the door.
What more could he possibly do to me I thought desperately.  To my complete surprise, when the door opened again it was not the whipping man who entered.  It was a small man with light skin.  He wore dirty, ripped clothes, like he'd been a prisoner here for many years.  He was definitely frail enough.  
The man looked at me for a moment, then back to the official who nodded in my direction.  The dirty man then came over to me, quickly glancing at my bare, bloody back, and sat down.
"I'm surprised you haven't passed out from all the wounds that are openly bleeding on your back," said the man.  Completely shocked, I didn't reply for a moment or two.
"Uhhhhh, ya," I replied.  Still completely dumbstruck at the idea of another person in this country who could speak my language.
The man smiled at me for a second before continuing, "The Egyptians use me as their interrupter whenever they capture someone who doesn't speak their language."
"Are you another prisoner?" I asked, still not knowing what to think of this guy.  
"Sadly, yes  The Egyptians are to smart to allow a foreigner to run around in their country,"  The man replied.
"Do you understand them?" I asked, realizing that this man could be a valuable asset if I did manage to escape.
"Yes, I slowly learned their language while in captivity," he said.  "The name's Herodes."  After this he offered his hand.  After a slight hesitation, I took it.
"Evander, Evander Smith," I said.
Just then the Egyptian official began speaking, obviously angry at Herodes for something.  Herodes replied in a cool tone to the officials anger.  They conversed for a few more minutes before Herodes turned back to me.
"He says to ask you why you are in their wonderful country"  Herodes relayed.
"I... I was looking to become a farmer beside the Nile,  I could find no work in my home country," I lied quickly, hoping I was not too obvious.  Herodes repeated my answer to official who, after a few seconds of thought shook his head.
"He says that he does not believe a word you say foreigner,"  Herodes said, then paused. "He also called you some things I don't think translate in this language."
The official then yelled and pointed at Herodes then the door.  As they left the official took one more look at me and mimed a person being hanged.  After finishing this he smiled cruelly and left, locking the door behind him. 
 


© 2011 Hunter C. Brown


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh very good looking foreword to more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

write more!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OOO! Write another chapter!! :) You forgot some commas and to in a sentence should be too. Other than that, great! Keep on writing so I can keep on reading!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 13, 2011
Last Updated on July 15, 2011


Author

Hunter C. Brown
Hunter C. Brown

Reno, NV



About
I love writing of course, thats y i'm here isn't it? I just love it. Maybe one day i'll be published, maybe i wont. As long as i have a good time getting there who cares!!!!! Though i really would l.. more..

Writing