Religious Right or Wrong

Religious Right or Wrong

A Chapter by Brian
"

How can some things be religiously right or wrong? Why can't a person doubt his or her beliefs? What makes a choice good or evil?

"
Religious Right or Wrong
For centuries, perhaps since the creation of religion by man, there always have been a sense of behavioral right or wrong, that one action may be right in accordance to religion, or it could be wrong in accordance to religion, but what is right or wrong? How can an action be right or wrong when we don't know what's universally right or wrong? Do humans try and mimic God, as in setting our own rules, trying to play God himself? Do right or wrong exist?
If you look in the three major religions (just using them as an example, not as a focus point for the entire piece), there are laws within those religions who place an emphasis on what is right and what is wrong to do, however what is right, and what is wrong? Last time I remembered, there is no such thing as universally right or wrong, perhaps individually but not universally. For example, the September 11 attacks is seen by Americans as wrong, but right in the eyes of Islamic extremist, who is only carrying out the orders of their religions, which dictates that what they have done is right in the eyes of God, and they get to spend all of eternity in paradise. 
So, is the September 11 attacks universally good or bad? It's neither because we can't universally agree that it's right or wrong. However, no matter of how we think of them, and how they think of us, there is something benefiting both parties, September 11, through all the heartbreak, the deaths and destruction, benefited America that it opened our eyes to the reality of the world. For decades, since the inventing of the TV, Internet, we have closed our eyes on reality, we lost our sense of what was going on in the world, nor did we care. Now for the other side, it definitely benefited them because they get to spend an eternity in paradise, who wouldn't want to spend eternity in paradise with virgins? So I ask again, was September 11 good or bad, it helped us, and it's going to help them, so in an Americans eyes, their "wrong" actions gave us long lasting "good" things. Bad gave something to Good, and good can give something to Bad. 
And also on that point, we as Christians believe that everything happen for a reason, do we not? So, September 11 happened for a reason, there are terrorists for a reason, there is hatred towards America for a reason, so if God handed down the orders to do his will, and we say that the terrorists are wrong, then are we saying God is wrong also, when we are saying at the same time that he's right?
The hypocrisy of religion is overwhelming, we say at one moment that something is the will of God, and as soon as you get diagnosed with cancer, there's a terrorist attack, or someone get's ran over by a drunk driver, we tend to bash the doctor because "he don't know what he's doing, he's not God,", we say the terrorist are "bad, immoral, bloodthirsty," and we say the drunk driver is "heartless, egocentric, not caring for others, a bad man." However, all those things happened for a reason, and dictated by God, not Satan right? So if God is always right, then his actions are right, then the effects of his actions are right? So if you get diagnosed with cancer, it's right wouldn't it, the doctor isn't wrong, because God gave him the knowledge to diagnose you, the terrorists aren't wrong because they're only carrying out the orders set from God himself, and the drunk driver isn't bad or wrong because God allowed him to drink and drive a car, for it was only an order sent from the righteous God. 
Now to clarify before people say i'm an atheist, a non believer, then I must say that they're wrong. I'm a believer, and a Christian, however I hate when the pope, or some random preacher get's up on the altar and starts preaching something that is totally wrong. I hate those who deliberately bend the teachings of the prophets to mean whatever THEY want it to mean, not what it really means. Religion is good, it helps people, it's what gets people through day to day, so why take it away. However it's the people who believers in that religion screws everything up such as the teaching of right or wrong. We made right or wrong what WE wanted it to be, not what it really is. Religion is man made, so therefore it's going to have its faults, its downfalls. 


© 2011 Brian


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great analysis Brian...man has been dominating man for centuries and we see the harmful effects. It just became more pronounced to America on 9/11, when tragedy struck this precious country. They thought nothing or nobody could or would bring harm here, sadly they were wrong. Thus making life not so simple, and each day is a struggle for everyone and not just for people who live in America but worldwide!

Posted 8 Years Ago


liked this a lot

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

189 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 22, 2011
Last Updated on March 22, 2011


Author

Brian
Brian

Bowling Green, KY



About
Im currently a student in college, majoring in biology. I love to write, but i can only write when i have the inspiration to do so. And i just tell people how i feel even when they dont want to hear i.. more..

Writing
Toleration Toleration

A Poem by Brian


Be Who You Are Be Who You Are

A Poem by Brian