Chapter IV

Chapter IV

A Chapter by SnuggleBunnyQueen

            The rest of the day passed for both Tim and Cat like there was nothing stopping them.  They were both more than excited to just see each other.

            Cat had called her house at lunch to see if it was ok to go to a friend’s house afterschool for help on rifle and she had been granted what she wanted. Little did they know that it was really to spend time with a boy that she had feelings for.

            Cat picked up her phone and sent Tim a message asking about going to his house. He had responded; give me a sec to make sure its ok with my mom.

            Cat was nervous about meeting his parents, but wasn’t sure what she would do. She tried to please the parents as much as she could, but with her not being military this might be more difficult this time.

            She knew nothing of what they had gone through for the military or much of his family in general. This was the only way to learn about him it seemed.

            Sorry it took me so long to respond again. I got the ok for you to come over. Be cautious of my mother though. She’s not the one she appears to be.

            Ok. Can you tell me a little about your family then since I’m meeting them today…hopefully you and I are both ready for this.

            Lol. They will probably try to bombard you with questions and jokes and other crap like that. They haven’t seen me as much as talk about seeing another female that has caught my attention since the last girl that I was with…

            I know that’s still a tender subject; I’m not pushing that ok?

            Thank you and I still have to figure out how to answer your questions you asked me earlier.

 

The final bell buzzed annoyingly, as usual, but today neither Tim nor Cat seemed to mind. Both of their teachers had already stated that today the bell was going to dismiss them since there wasn’t much work left for the seniors to do.

The intercom came on reminding seniors that tomorrow they all needed to check in at 1030 and then the rest of the day they had to take care of fines. Then Friday was graduation rehearsal and Saturday was the final time together.

 

Cat and Tim met at the same spot they were at this morning. Something was very different about the two now that graduation was almost here. They were about to be classified as adults and graduates.

“Hey darling. How was the rest of your day?”

“Very long and couldn’t wait to get out of there. I mean English is still my favorite subject, but today, it was just a drag.”

“Are you ready to meet my chaos that I live with, and is partly the reason people think that I am insane?”

“Sure. I mean, heck, I live with my grandparents because both of my parents could care less about me.”

“Ouch, that’s gotta hurt the self-esteem…”

“Yeah, it did. That’s why the friends that I have right now are really worried about me. They’ve seen me fight through my depression, but they are starting to worry that I won’t be able to fight for myself next time.”

Cat reached out for his hand at the same time as he was reaching for hers. There was something about their timing together that made things a little on the comical side. They weren’t dating yet, but the way they acted and the way they seemed to already know what the other was going to say or do was kind of eerie.

To get to his house, it was a bit away, but nothing that wasn’t possible. Over the railroad tracks, the winding back road, over the bridge, down the hill, what seemed a few miles on one of the busiest roads in town, then through the intersection towards the highway.

“We are almost there. Two more lights, a left, a right, then down the block to the end.”

It seemed so short because they were laughing and almost dancing down the roads and the drivers passing them must’ve thought they were insane. They didn’t care though; this was their time together that no one else could stop them from having.

They walked up the ramp to the door. Tim opened the door, “Mom, I’m home and have someone I want you to meet…”



© 2012 SnuggleBunnyQueen


Author's Note

SnuggleBunnyQueen
Here is chapter 4. I hope that you are enjoying the story so far...There will still be more to come though. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on November 24, 2012
Last Updated on November 24, 2012


Author

SnuggleBunnyQueen
SnuggleBunnyQueen

TX



About
I am a working mother of one, also while going to college online. Writing has always been one of my passions though. I write free verse poetry and short stories. I would love to expand my horizons th.. more..

Writing