Her World, 1

Her World, 1

A Chapter by Sofi「♡」
"

How it all started,

"

Chapter One, Her World

2025...

The world was in turmoil...

Well at least the United States was in chaos. While the rest of the world stood there, horrified that they would soon be like us. You see it starts back during WW2, Germany was experimenting on some of their prisoners. Wishing to create a weapon that the whole world didn't have. A human that would mindlessly follow orders and kill without a second thought. But their plan sorta backfired and the 'humans' didn't listen to orders and just killed whoever they came across. So they halted the experiment. In 1947 the war ceased and we won! Saving millions of lives...but millions died in the process. Thousands needed new homes and supplies so the Allied forces help provide that. We split Berlin, Germany into 4 divisions. America was the one who was 'lucky' enough to have the experiment grounds in their control. We could have just kept the place locked away or even destroyed the place! But those who found out about it decided to move all the experiments... right onto U.S soil... The experiments continued, but they always failed. So the place was shut down due to a hidden law the President made when he found out about it.

But you know humans...There is always that one greedy person who messes things up for everyone right?

The experiment grounds were located somewhere in the mines down in Arizona. One day a man stumbled upon the abandoned site and proceeded to look around. Some think he was infected and took it above ground, while others believe that there were still patients from before.

That was when the outback happened. It has been 2 years since then. People struggled to stay alive and fight off the infected. There was little food and less than 2 months into the outbreak the entire American Nation fell. Thankfully the borders were shut down instantly and the rest of the world moved past us. Living in fear that one person would slip out and destroy the rest of the world. So far no one has gotten out. Well...Supposedly in Massachusetts, there was a place where you would be quarantined. But...being in quarantine was more dangerous than surviving on your own. If someone was infected and turned while you were in quarantine you were as good as dead. No one came in to save you cause they didn't wish to risk their own life. She only knows why the outbreak happened because a few days ago a man broadcasted over the radio and confessed. The unknown man explained that the leaders were greedy and wanted more control over the weapon but failed and were ordered to leave it behind. After the man explained, he sounded like he was crying before a gunshot was heard and the station went silent. 

He was weak.

 Unable to atone for the sins his comrades had made.

It has been 3 days since that broadcast. Currently, we watch a lone female who sprinted through a neighborhood. Her dirty blonde hair flew behind her as she ran desperately. Sparkling hazel eyes darted back and forth. Her mind racing faster than time as a plan was set into stone and in a second the woman's path changed with no hesitation. The loud cry of the undead hot on her heels before she dashed across a parking lot of a McDonald's, her feet slamming against the pavement as more zombies looked up and joined the horde chasing her. Ducking around the building as she headed for a gated fence. Though on the other side of the fence were zombies as well. Ready for her to meet her fate. 

However, this woman despised fate and always was 3 steps ahead. Leaping high enough to reach the top of the fence, the 4'11 girl pulled herself up the fence and in one fluid motion she swung off the fence and into the tree branches. Unable to climb and follow her the undead were left to stand there and watch as she carefully walked along a thick branch. Climbing into a spacious treehouse she finally plopped down into an old bench and caught her breath. Panting she patted out her blue jeans and a purple tank top.

"I made it back Papa..." She mumbles quietly before reaching a small wooden table and picked up a framed photo. It was of a young girl, maybe 14 years old. Behind her was obviously her parents, a classy looking woman with gorgeous black hair and blue eyes, but she seemed to be scowling down at the child. While the father was smiling at the camera with a goofy grin. He had blonde hair just like her but his eyes were blue as well. Gently running her thumb over the father she remembers the name he gave her, Valeria Montgomery. She was the daughter of a proud scientist. Humming quietly as she began to think about how her father used to carry her around on his shoulders. A soft smile crossed Valeria's face as she got lost in her memories. None of her memories had a classy looking woman from the photo. There were many reasons for that and Valeria knew all of them. Her father had loved a lady named Valeria before she died tragically. Being named after her father's past lover angered her mother but Valeria just felt proud of her name. Sitting in the silence of her treehouse, the girl kept messing with the photo frame. The morning before the outbreak, Valeria had made breakfast for her parents and kissed him goodbye. The last words he told her puzzled Valeria. But she didn't overthink them as it was just a normal goodbye. All he said when he cupped her cheeks were, "Valeria, I love you so very much. Today my experiment will be the one! I know it. So just stay safe okay? Promise to stay safe and wait for me here!" Confused and sleepy she had promised and years later she was still waiting for her father to come home for her. Part of her knew he was never coming for her. He could already be safely in another country or maybe he turned...

Looking out the small window and blinking away tears Valeria allowed her mind to wander. Why think of depressing thoughts when it was a beautiful day outside? Sure there were creatures out there wishing to kill her but she was safe up here.

Crooning softly, Valeria relaxed and pulled off her backpack. Deciding to go through the things she had snatched while on her supply run. Every two weeks the woman slipped out just before dawn when the undead were less aggressive and wandered around the town looking for any supplies she needed. Usually, she is out all day. But today she rounded the corner in a house and came face to face with about 5 zombies. A bit too many for a single girl to fight off with a simple machete. So she bolted and knew that her speed would save her.

Today she managed to find a small handheld radio that fits right in the palm of her hand. Placing it on the table beside her to try it out once she finished looking through everything. Next, she found two rolls of blue duct tape. Grinning Valeria remembered when she ended up wrapped in duct tape when trying to do a school project. Chuckling she tossed the tape across the room into a pile of empty cans. She then began to pull out canned foods and stacking them on the table beside her. Counting each one and ending up with 13 cans of pork and beans, which had also been her favorite food. Plus a can of peaches! Nodding she hums.

"Good run this week. Too bad I had to come back early." Valeria says aloud and picks up the small radio and curiously turns it on. Static filled the air as the volume was turned all the way up scaring Valeria and nearly made her squeal. Panicking the woman turned the sound down before peeking outside the treehouse and didn't see anything moving so she assumed she hadn't alerted any of the zombies. Cracking her back as she stretched and turned the radio up to 32 and nods before sitting down to eat a can of peaches.

Valeria watched the afternoon pass silently as she played around with her dirty hair in an attempt to comb through it. As the sun set, she yawns softly before getting off her chair and unrolling her sleeping bag and crawling into it with little noise. Rolling over and watching the moon rise as she sighs. 

Her world was dull.

 But she had to stay alive till father came and got her, so she would deal with a dull and dangerous world till then.



© 2020 Sofi「♡」


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on May 16, 2020
Last Updated on May 16, 2020


Author

Sofi「♡」
Sofi「♡」

Wichita, KS



About
Hello there! I am Sofi and its so amazing to know that someone is reading this! Thank you so much for this! I figured I would do a quick little introduction about myself! Let's see... ༶.. more..

Writing