Luck is my Best Friend, 3

Luck is my Best Friend, 3

A Chapter by Sofi「♡」

Hours passed and soon the rays of light passed through the windows of the treehouse awoke the young sleeping woman. Whining Valeria rolled over in the attempt to sleep some more. The radio volume was still turned up high and the static was driving her nuts. 

Groaning Valeria finally sat up and snatched the radio from its stand on the floor. Right as her pale skin touched the cool plastic it switched to life. 

Nicky’s voice came through the static. The man was panting as he spoke. 

“Val, we seem to have run into an issue…”
Valeria leaned against the wall as she listened. Pressing the button she replied.
“What happened? Can your brother not move?”
There was silence for a few seconds before the radio switched to life. Valeria could barely make out what was happening. But by the huffs of air and the ear-piercing sound of the wind, she could tell they were running. So they were on the move. 

“Val-- McDonald’s! There’s like 20 of those damn things! How are we supposed to get to the back!” He whispered angrily. Valeria froze and couldn’t help but burst into laughter. She had forgotten how yesterday she had led a ton of them to the parking lot while trying to escape. 

Valeria sighs and stood up. She carried the radio with her to the doorway of the treehouse. 

“Nicky, listen carefully. Directly behind McDonald’s is the Sky blue house. In their backyard, there is a tree. When you climb the fence there are 3 thick branches. One at a time climb up and slowly walk across to the treehouse. Hurry. Do Not go into the backyard!” Valeria says in a demanding voice, her voice turned into a hiss before she glanced around at the world around her. There was a small amount of the undead wandering around the parking lot. Taking a slow breath, the girl clutched the radio, strapping it to her belt and jumped. 

Her feet slammed against the ground as her knees cracked from the sudden jolt. The calm air of the treehouse was forgotten as the woman bolted across the parking lot and into the arms of danger. Frantically waving her arms around and creating a racket.

1 second, 3 zombies were on her heels sprinting across the lot.


2 seconds, 4 more zombies had join the chase.


3 seconds, Now a total of 15 of those monsters were racing towards her sprinting form. 


4 seconds, Valeria’s heart slammed against her chest quicker than her feet were hitting the pavement. 


5 seconds, the woman was nearing the building quickly. In less than a second, she would run into the chain-link fence that created a small barrier around the restaurant’s dumpsters.


Lunging at the fence with no hesitation, Valeria hosted herself up and across the fence. Tumbling to the ground right as the zombies ran into the chain-link fence. Her chest rose and fell quickly as she panted. Her green eyes closed for a second before she sat up against the blue smelly dumpster. Screaming all of a sudden... 

“CLEAR GO!” That was the last straw. In seconds there were dead humans pushing against the fence. Standing quickly and climbing on top of the shut trash and looked around. As there was a horde of zombies around the chain-link fence, trapping Valeria. 3 figures dashed across the parking lot quickly. One man was limping and held up by the other female and man. Catching her breath Valeria watched them help the injured man up the fence before the girl followed. 

The last man paused and turned back. Looking at Valeria, their eyes met for a second and a small smile crossed her face. That must be Nicky. 

Grinning like an idiot, Valeria waved and shouted. “There is food and supplies laid out! Get some rest! I will be there soon!” 

   The man nodded and slowly climbed the fence before turning back to her and smiling back. Nicky than climbed up and disappeared into the tree. 



Valeria’s smile dropped as soon as he was gone. Looking down at the weak fence that was going to give any second. Nibbling at her lip the lady turned away and stood on her tippy toes. Now was the moment when she despised her short height. Her finger-tips barely grazed the roof of the building. Hissing angrily as she could hear the metal giving in. Valeria’s heart began pounding again as her eyes flickered around her. A plan, she needed one asap before she became brain dead like the creatures below her. 

Gulping Valeria backed up to the edge of the small dumpster. “Not a running head start…” She mumbles annoyed before taking two quick steps and jumping as high as she possibly could. Valeria knew she couldn’t jump high enough to be on the roof. But that small amount of extra height was all she needed to grab the rooftop edge. Hearing the creaking of the fence as the grunts of the zombies made her lose her concentration. Her hands slipped and she fell back. Hitting the plastic lid head first. Valeria’s head spun as she slowly sat up dazed from the drop before hearing the piercing cry of the undead breaking the fence down finally. Hissing as she stumbled up and jumped again. Her feet dangled just barely out of harm’s way with the creatures below her. Groaning the small woman pulling herself up onto the roof and laid there panting heavily. 

“This is why...I don’t rock climb…”She huffed between words. 

Rolling over the short girl peeked over the edge, seeing a total of 7 zombies shuffling around the dumpster with more stumbling about very closely.  Valeria grits her teeth and sat up. Her feet dangled off the rooftop just barely. She knew the undead weren’t tall enough to grab her ankles.

Sighing, Valeria stared down at the Z’s, knowing she had to get past them sooner as she wished to get back home before the strangers went through all her things. 





➳➳➳➳➳ ⚘ ➳➳➳➳➳







"Did you make it Val?"

The radio clicked to life and a familiar voice rang from her waist. The sorrowful tone filled his voice made Valeria chuckle and grin. Picking up the radio the woman laid back before answering. "Did you know the view from this roof is gorgeous?"  All she got back was the sound of her own giggles. "No way I am going down so easily man. I am just chilling on the rooooo-Hey I got an idea! " She shuts the radio off completely to not draw attention and not hear the sounds of protests from her soon to be roommates. Placed the radio back in her belt loop. Rolling onto her stomach, Valeria began ripping off the roof tiles from the building. It wasn't very hard as the building had begun to riot over time. Wincing as warm sticky blood dripped from her fingers as she tore apart the rooftop. Making a pile of the tiles before she stood up on her feet. Wiping her bloody hands off on her purple shirt. the dirt and blood joined the thousands of other stains on her clothing. 

Bending down and picking up an armful of the black tiles. Valeria began flinging the tiles one by one as far as she could out into the road. The sight and sound drew in nearby Z's. The thump of the stone tiles followed by the cracking noises encouraged more to join the rehabilitation of the tiles.  Valeria watched with a proud grin as the zombies beside the dumpster stumbled away to find the noise. With only 4 left at her feet, Valeria picked them up. Her fingers throbbing as she slung the tiles at a nearby car. The racket created an uproar for the Z's. Not wanting to miss her chance, Valeria dropped to her knees. Being as silent as possible she held onto the ledge of the roof. With her feet hanging, Valeria closed her eyes and let go. 

See if she had gone the same route with the dumpster, Valeria would have made noise on the metal pile of death. So she decided to just lower herself as much as she could before letting go.  As her feet hit the concrete, she bit her tongue to hold in the yelp of pain as she sank to her knees. Cradling Valeria bruised legs for a minute before she heaved back onto her feet.  Knowing any second now, she would be noticed so she had to move. Huffing from her soreness, Valeria began stumbling back to her camp.



© 2020 Sofi「♡」


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

15 Views
Added on May 16, 2020
Last Updated on May 16, 2020


Author

Sofi「♡」
Sofi「♡」

Wichita, KS



About
Hello there! I am Sofi and its so amazing to know that someone is reading this! Thank you so much for this! I figured I would do a quick little introduction about myself! Let's see... ༶.. more..

Writing