Bump in the Night, 2

Bump in the Night, 2

A Chapter by Sofi「♡」

The wind blew softly against the treehouse where Valeria slept peacefully. The woman was curled up in her sleeping bag and all was silent till suddenly the static on the radio beside her grew. Stirring Valeria who whined in protest and went to turn the volume down till the voice of a male cracked through. 

"He--O?? Any--Ne THere?"

Blinking the sleep away from her eyes Valeria shot up and grabbed the radio and quickly replied. "Hello! I can hear you! Can you hear me?" She stammers in a shrill voice. The voice was so familiar! What if it was her papa?! Valeria's heart pounded against her chest as she thought this.

"Yeah! I can! Who is this??!" The male answered back. The excitement in his voice made her smile. 

"My name is Valeria! And yours?" She stammers quickly. There was a pause for a second before the man replied. 

"Valeria...Pretty name! I'm...Nicky. Listen are you in a safe place?" He says slowly in an unsure tone. To which Valeria hums and answered while sadly picking at her nails.

"Sorta. I would say it is safe from them beasts..." She says in a sad tone. Upset that it wasn't her father but Valeria knew she finding him wouldn’t be this easy. 

"That is wonderful Valeria. Listen...Do you think your place can handle 3 more people? It is me, my girlfriend and my older brother. None of us were bitten I promise! My brother just got caught under a fallen pole and is bleeding badly."


He says in a scared voice. Though Valeria didn't hear his full reply. As soon as the word 'Girlfriend' hit her ears she tensed.

Valeria had never told her parents about a relationship she had months before the outbreak. But two days before the disaster he left her for her best friend and the two stabbed Valeria in the back harshly. 

"Val-Ia?!" Blinking quickly the girl felt a small tear roll down her cheek. She had been sure that Nathaniel was the one for her... Her hazel eyes stared dead at a craving on the wall across from her. Craved into the maple wood was a crudely drawn heart with the words 'Nathaniel and Valeria Forever'. Wiping away a tear as she pressed the button and replied. 

 " 1144 Main street... There is a tiny sky-blue house. Don't go inside. Mum is there in there loose... I'll clear the backyard for you. If going to the main road is too dangerous then go to the McDonalds on Rock Road. Head to the rear parking lot. Climb the chain-link fence and your safe and tell me when you get close. Got it?" Valeria explained in a shaky voice. Sitting up so she was sat up and leaning against the maple wall. Nibbling on her cheek nervously. After all, she saw it happen hundreds of times. Survivors fighting together suddenly one becomes too selfish and causes the demise of their companions just to survive. 

"Got it Valeria, and thank you so much. That isn't too far from her. Tomorrow aftern---n we w--l be on ou---- way" Nicky's voice came through. But it came in and out as the static overlapped him. Frantically pushing the button and shouting. "Leave at dawn! The creatures won't be too active!"Nervously swallowing Valeria waited. Hoping that the man had understood her before the radio drowned in static making her sigh. Slowly she stood up, needing to get ready for her guests.  

Valeria began to roll up her sleeping bag and set it against the wall before heading to the small cubbies and pulled out a red sleeping bag and a pile of moving blankets that were a dark blue color. Huffing as the short woman waddled across the wooden floor, carrying an armload of blankets that were more than likely heavier than herself. Dropping them to the ground as she bent over panting. Before the outbreak, Valeria was actually on the honor guard in her high school. So weights were easy for her. Valeria was starting to lose her touch. "That was barely 13 feet Valeria! You need to start lifting again!" She whined talking to herself. After all these years, she was starting to go insane.

After catching her breath Valeria moved to the mini kitchen area that had been made when she was a child. Clearing off the counter and grabbing a thin white towel and laying it out on the wood. 

Placing her hands on her hips and looking around her home. Having enough cans to last her for a few weeks at least. With a small hum, the girl laid back down and simply close to the blankets. Staring blankly out the window the woman laid in silence. Slowly falling back asleep Valeria grasped her knees and treasured her last few hours of silence.


Then again...

.

Those survivors may never make it. With the man injured they were only going to be weakened because of him. 


So they may never arrive...



© 2020 Sofi「♡」


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

21 Views
Added on May 16, 2020
Last Updated on May 16, 2020


Author

Sofi「♡」
Sofi「♡」

Wichita, KS



About
Hello there! I am Sofi and its so amazing to know that someone is reading this! Thank you so much for this! I figured I would do a quick little introduction about myself! Let's see... ༶.. more..

Writing