Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Spirithunter

The wolves ran out to confront the enemy in a flurry of fur and paws, speeding past to get outside the cave. If there was anywhere to fight, it wouldn't be in a small enclosed area. Everything seemed to pass in slow motion, wolves tearing at each other's skin, blood being spilled, and Aerandir felt like he was the center of it all. He leaped into the pile of fighting wolves and slashed his claws down his foes. Again, like it was all in slow motion, he saw a familiar wolf lying in a pool of it's own blood. It was MoonRaiser, the leader of the tribe. No...it can't be... Aerandir didn't want to believe it. Her form was limp and lifeless, her mouth open and her eyes glazed over. He padded over to her dead form. The battle seemed to finish in the blink of an eye as he mourned over MoonRaiser's death. The rest of the tribe was beginning to notice MoonRaiser's absence. Aerandir let out a mournful howl that echoed around the forest and shattered the moon. The rest of the tribe joined in. For hours they grieved over their fallen leader. The coming morning, they buried her body below the waterfall, a saved spot over the years for the one who had brought them safety and reassurance. Aerandir stood up on the rock next to the waterfall. The tribe understood what he was saying, or trying to make them understand. He would be the new tribe leader, and he would help them make history in these mountains.

"Once I become leader, no pack will dare challenge us! This is our land and they can't take what they want from us! We will show them, the power of the Spirit Healers Pack!" Howls of agreement rose from the wolves, and Aerandir was reminded of the Haru clan. How they reacted the same, then were killed in cold-blood by another pack. He wouldn't let that happen to these mountain-dwellers. They are my responsibility now, I have to take care of them the best I can.

 

 

(to be continued)

 

(ideas welcome! (and needed) please comment and write to me if you have any ideas for the plot! they will be taken into consideration ((every one of them!))



© 2010 Spirithunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

149 Views
Added on July 15, 2010
Last Updated on July 26, 2010


Author

Spirithunter
Spirithunter

Santiago, Chile



About
I Love wolves and all sci-fi and anime, and I will add to this soon! more..

Writing