Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Spirithunter
"

Ok giving part 2 (chapter 2) a go and any suggestions or help with the plot are welcomed in comments! Thank you!

"
Aerandir ran on into the night, into the desert wasteland that spread out ahead of him. It had been days since his escape from the old wolf's den and he was determined to get as far away from that freak as possible. Days and nights passed by, Aerandir occasionally stopping to get food from a dead carcass lying on the sand, and no change in scenery came...It seems like years since I left that cave. Nothing has changed, I know I'm moving I just don't seem to be getting closer to....anywhere. He stopped in his tracks and his long, shaggy and dirty fur blew in the wind. Aerandir could feel that the world was waiting for something to happen, though it's not like he new what. A silence overcame the world and there was nothing in sight that could possibly shatter it. The hot sand burned Aerandir's paws, but after his long traveling he couldn't care less. There were more important things than worrying about the heat. Without knowing his direction, whether he was going back to that den, or going somewhere, he headed off into the sunset with no idea what was to come...


A bright light blinded Aerandir as he woke up from his rest. What the hell...? How long has it been? Days had passed since Aerandir's collapse in the sand and he had no recollection of what happened and why. The familiar scent of wolves surrounded him, but not from a pack he remembered. It seemed...musty and strange. He was in a dip in the ground, in a small, quickly made nest of sticks and grass next to a small puddle of water and some sort of food next to his muzzle. The soft padding of paws coming towards him caught his attention and he raised his head to see a beautiful grayish-blue she-wolf. She spoke in a very pronounced accent, as if she didn't originally speak his tongue.
"Greetings young stranger. What your name?"
Aerandir cleared his dry throat. "I am Aerandir...lieutenant of my pack." I've been away so long from my pack I forgot it's name... he thought shamefully.
"This tribe call me Tungl Ala upp*...in the tongue you speak, call me MoonRaiser."
Aerandir cockeProxy-Connection: keep-alive Cache-Control: max-age=0 his head to the side, "Tungl Ala upp..." he struggled to pronounce it. 
"Just call me MoonRaiser," she said with a look that came across as a warning not to push it. We are the Andi Græðari**" she continued. She then suddenly turned to a dark brown wolf covered in dirt and grass. "Segja the stríðsmaður til undirbúa , við geta hafa neitun tefja!" she said in her native tongue.
What the hell is all this about...what does that mean? Aerandir thought. "What was all that about?" he wondered aloud.
"I tell him to prepare for battle soon. Time cannot be wasted now."
Aerandir remembered his alliance with the Haru clan. He was trying to protect them and his own pack and family, but he failed. Ever since his battle with the rival pack, he has been thirsting for revenge.
"Come Aerandir, lots to do, not much time," she said with a stern glint in her eyes.



~A few months later~


Months passed, and Aerandir felt at home among the Spirit Healers. His pack name became Svartur Eldur*** and he became like family to the natives of the mountains. Aerandir was assigned to the fighting corps but sometimes took part in the hunting league. It was strange because it seemed like no one was affected by the idea of the upcoming battle. The atmosphere was quite industrious in the tribe and there was never not enough work to do around the place. Suddenly, Moonraiser howled on the alpha rock, calling the pack to a meeting. 

"Days from today, battle will come. We prepared for heavy loss, and possible defeat."

All the wolves looked at her in surprise. She acknowledges defeat? Well, I guess we have to be a bit realistic too…Aerandir thought to himself. The pack nodded in agreement and started breaking into small whispers of chatter.

“Silence! Now, no time for talk…” MoonRaiser scolded. "We are prepared for battle, fight hard, and if die, die free of other pack's influence. We fight until the end!" but as MoonRaiser said that, howling was heard outside the cave. The intruders had come, and now the Spirit Healers had to fight.  

 



* This means Moon Raiser in the dying language of Iceland.
** This means Spirit Healers in the dying language of Iceland
*** This means Black Fire in the dying language of Iceland


(ideas welcome! (and needed) please comment and write to me if you have any ideas for the plot! they will be taken into consideration ((every one of them!))



© 2010 Spirithunter


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Try organizing a plot structure. What is the purpose behind this story? Where does it go? Who does it concern? What are the major events?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
1 Review
Added on May 6, 2010
Last Updated on July 15, 2010


Author

Spirithunter
Spirithunter

Santiago, Chile



About
I Love wolves and all sci-fi and anime, and I will add to this soon! more..

Writing