Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Spirithunter


                              ~3 Moons Ago~

Furious snarling could be heard from miles away. The yelps of pain and loss struck Aerandir’s ears as he looked down upon the Mirrikh. Blood stained the grass red as the full moon glared down on the wasteland. Dead wolves lay on the grass, large wounds open and bleeding. Some were still alive, feeling the life being drenched from them as they bled to their demise.

“Will my life end here…?” Aerandir murmured. “Or will it continue with suffering and loss… all these wasted years, preparing for battle. No chance to find a mate…have a family,” a tear ran down his muzzle. But winning this battle…I can regain all those chances I have lost. And with that thought he launched himself down into the clearing snarling and biting anything that came into his line of view. Blinded by rage and determination he began to even out the pack numbers until it was one on one.

"Now the odds are more even," Aerandir said with a victorious glimmer in his eye.

"You rejoice now, Mirrikh. But sooner or later you will taste your own blood! Lie in the pool of the blood of your future family!"

"B*****d!" Aerandir launched himself at the rival wolf, but missed as the opponent swiftly dodged his attack. 

"You anger easily, Mirrikh. But because you anger your claws and teeth are dulled." The rival wolf sneered.

Aerandir began to see red, as the insults and taunts came flying out of the rival wolf's mouth. He readied his legs and slid underneath the wolf and raked his claws down it's underside. The opponent yelped in pain as blood dripped onto the grass.
Panting, Aerandir stood up and quickly rolled to the side as the enemy wolf flew at his face.
"It's time this was over..." Aerandir muttered to himself, and with a swift leap to the other wolf's throat it was over. The blood of the enemy wolf spattered the grass and swam around Aerandir's feet. Panting, he raised his head and gave a victorious howl that could be heard cutting through the night air.
I have won, I have...and with his final thought, he collapsed on the grass next to his littermates, finally in peace. May death lead me to somewhere peaceful...Aerandir thought as he began to think his life was over. A voice called to Aerandir, it said: Young wolf of the Mirrikh Clan, your journey has just begun. You will feel a pain, harsher than that of the physical. Your soul will be tested as will your heart. Stay strong Aerandir of the Mirrikh Clan. This world needs you...and as the voice faded, Aerandir plunged into darkness.



~Days After The Battle~


Aerandir slowly opened his eyes to a blinding light. What happened to me...shouldn't I be...shouldn't I be dead?
"You are finally awake, wolf of the Mirrikh Clan. I am Tabayushu, of the Hiranduri Clan in the north. Don't try to move or talk as your wounds haven't healed yet." With that he went to the back of a cave and took out some strange leaves. "These will help, though they may sting a little."
Aerandir flinched as the cold poultice touched a raw spot on his shoulder. The sting came and went almost as soon as Aerandir took a breath. The smell of herbs reached his nose and made him drowsy, but he forced himself to stay awake.
"Where's the rest of your tribe Tabayushu...?" Aerandir said.
Tabayushu sighed. "I thought I told you not to speak...well since it seems like your strength is returning I guess you have the strength to listen for a while..."
Aerandir nodded waiting to hear what Tabayushu had to say.
"My clan, the Hiranduri Clan, was driven out of our land many years ago. We journeyed in search of new territory for many moons but to no avail. Our clan leader split us up into different search teams, teams to look for new land. We went out in search for many weeks...when we arrived back at the meeting place, some teams were never seen again. So our team went in search of the lost clan members...but encountered the foes that had driven us away. We fought bravely against those warriors, but I and one other were the only survivors. I helped my partner to an enclosed area away from all kinds of danger and I tried to heal him. It seemed to work..." Tabayushu paused. "But then, his life slipped right through my paws when winter came. So I journeyed somewhere quiet, along the way trying to find my lost pack. So I came across this place, which you have not seen, but to me this is my home," Tabayushu finished.
Aerandir tried to peer outside of the leaves covering the entrance to the cavern.
"So, Mirrikh, what is your name?"
Aerandir focused his eyes back on Tabayushu. "My name is Aerandir, and as you have said I am of the Mirrikh Clan."
Tabayushu nodded. "Well, you look well enough Aerandir, why don't you step outside..." Tabayushu seemed to say this with haste and panic. Aerandir wondered what was wrong, but he assumed that Tabayushu did not want him in here at this moment. He got up and slowly pushed his way through the leaves... before him stood a lake, blue sky shining above.
"Now I understand Tabayushu, I now understand why you call this home."
Tabayushu nodded and gave a faint smile.
Aerandir also felt a sense of foreboding in this area. Heart beating quickly he tried to walk away.
"Going so soon?" Tabayushu asked.
"Umm...yes so sorry but I really must be going, back to the Mirrikh." Aerandir laughed nervously.
"But you have just seen the beginning of my home, Aerandir...why don't you make yourself comfortable and stay awhile?" Tabayushu then grabbed Aerandir by his scruff and dragged him across the dirt to the cave.
"B*****d! Get off!"
Instead of letting Aerandir go, Tabayushu's grip tightened. "I'm afraid I can't do that, I'm afraid I can't do that."
Aerandir sighed and gave in to the old wolf.




Aerandir scowled as he got up off the floor. Night had fallen yet again and the old wolf was nowhere in sight. Aerandir got up and walked around the room. Now is my chance to get the hell out of here....he thought. He sped out the cave and into the outside world. Stupid day...why did it have to be me that gets harassed by this gay old wolf? He sighed and ran on, into the night.


© 2010 Spirithunter


Author's Note

Spirithunter
This chapter is not yet finished but please enjoy the prologue and what I have of Chapter 1

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So far this is a good story. I am enjoying it (which is more than I can say for most) and look forward to seeing how it ends up.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Looking real good. I'm Snowfire if you want to know. Great start and really descriptive. I'm really looking forward to more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


great start to this story, looking forward to more.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
3 Reviews
Added on April 8, 2010
Last Updated on July 27, 2010


Author

Spirithunter
Spirithunter

Santiago, Chile



About
I Love wolves and all sci-fi and anime, and I will add to this soon! more..

Writing