Jackie Lantern

Jackie Lantern

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

This is completely the writing of my friend. Who makes bad puns.

"

The door leading to Malva swung open, a small, four-armed bat boy standing in the doorway. He was rather slim, his dark brown fur broken by the white that encircled his forearms and legs. He held a carved pumpkin under one arm. The small team that had been on the planet recognized him as Kerrigan's intended victim.

Glide stepped forward. "How'd you get here, kid?"

The bat held up a Nexus key, tossing it to Glide. "I stole that from the margay lady."

Glide snatched the key out of the air, passing it to Eve. "When'd you find the time to do that?"

"I flew by the wolf." The bat said. "It seemed like the perfect time."

Glide blinked. "Damn, kid. Wait, what are you doing here?"

The bat held up a paw, a business card between his fingers. "Here. If you guys ever need a thief, or a fence, call me. I may not look it, but I'm sure I can help you."

Glide took the card from the bat, glancing at it. "... Jackie." He smirked, turning his gaze to the pumpkin under the bat's arm. "And I suppose that would be your lantern, right?"

Jackie laughed. "You better believe it." He replied. "Hang on to that card, okay?" Before Glide could respond, Jackie turned and headed back through the door, snatching a Nexus key on the way out.



© 2009 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on September 27, 2009


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher