Nine

Nine

A Chapter by Star Catcher
"

Niqi's friend here, filling in for that lazy gimp. I'll be uploading this and the next four chapters.

"

When Glide and Icarcti arrived on Var, the planet was free of all slaver activity, and Varixians from various tribes appeared to be working together to create small towns in the middle of the dense forests, hidden up in the canopy. The warrior and necromancer arrived in one such town, exiting the Nexus onto a wooden bridge high above the ground.
"S**t, this place is getting even nicer." Glide grinned. "Come on, we gotta find that stupid b***h before she starts raising hell."
Icarcti nodded, swinging himself over the bridge's safety rail and using his wings to slow his descent.
Glide followed suit, leaping off the bridge, landing beside Icarcti. "Somethin' smells... weird. It's probably her, it stinks of arrogance and bigotry."
"Which way is it coming from?" Icarcti asked.
Glide closed his eyes, trying to figure out which direction the scent was coming from. "... West." He said after a moment, opening his eyes.
"Well, let's get going."
Glide nodded, taking off, Icarcti flying alongside him.

...

It took nearly an hour for Glide and Icarcti to locate Riat. When they found her, the vole was shouting orders to a small group of demons, aiming her crossbow at them.
Glide grinned, nudging Icarcti. "I spy with my little eye a bunch of dudes that wanna die."
"Let's grant their wish, then." Icarcti replied, drawing his daggers.
Glide nodded, leaping forward and taking Riat by surprise, knocking the crossbow from her paws.
Riat wheeled around and took a swing at Glide, barely missing him as he leaned back.
Glide continued to duck and dodge Riat's attacks, not attempting to counterattack, actually trying to keep himself from doing so. "Don't hit the b***h, don't hit the b***h, don't hit the b***h..."
Riat took another swing, her paw connecting with Glide's jaw.
"... Hit the b***h." Glide muttered, delivering a stiff right hook to the side of Riat's head, knocking her to the ground.
Icarcti took to the air, hovering just out of the reach of Riat's demons. He closed his eyes, concentrating, a shaky breath escaping his muzzle as he focused his energy into his paws. A few seconds later, he dropped to the ground, arms swept outwards, a shout accompanying the wave of freezing air that shot forward. The demons froze, all but one shattering after only a few seconds.
The final demon - a small and wiry creature, mostly leonine in appearance - broke free of the ice, charging Icarcti. It took a swing at the young bat, narrowly missing as Icarcti weaved out of the way.
Icarcti hooked his arm around the demon's, keeping it out of the way as he delivered a series of hard strikes to its kidneys. After a dozen punches, he let his fist uncurl, jabbing his claws, then his entire paw, into the demon's side. When he ripped it free, he held several blood-coated organs in his paw.
"Look." Glide said. "I'll level with you. I'm not comfortable killing a chick. So, you're goin' back to Blackbl-"
Before he could finish, a crossbow bolt lanced through Riat's skull. Icarcti whistled innocently, tossing Riat's crossbow aside.
"... Okay, I suppose that solves that..." Glide murmured. "Come on, let's head home."
Icarcti nodded, following Glide back to the Varixian settlement they had arrived in.



© 2009 Star Catcher


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
Added on November 27, 2009


Author

Star Catcher
Star Catcher

CT



About
I write. I enjoy it. I have so many ideas just waiting to be formed and organized. Some day, you will see a book with my name on it. more..

Writing
The New Girl The New Girl

A Chapter by Star Catcher