Part IX, Afterworld

Part IX, Afterworld

A Chapter by Stefano Segnan
"

Almost done!

"
IX. In a sultry morning, when night-butterflies die,
On a dusty road, thirsty and famished
Walked on the burning sand the good Spirit.
As he reached the doors of the city,
Where the poor of soul were many,
Came unto him the voice of these souls.

And the Spirit said unto the poor of soul:
“Children of love, I am there, I am there
To assure you in all the you are
And to listen the harmony of your heart.
I am your accomplished self, in all the truth
Of your being; dwelling in your brightest fire.

And though Fear might seize your being,
Remember, even the flickering Star is undefiled,
And burns until you choose to reach it.”
And so Spirit fused into Men,
And he looked for Spirit in every corner of Earth,
But not within himself.


© 2016 Stefano Segnan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"To assure you in all the you are" To assure you in all 'that' you are???

"And to listen the harmony of your heart." Grammatically, there should be a 'to' after the 'listen' ??? "And to harken/heed the harmony" or some such other verb for listen if you are avoiding 'to'???

"And he looked for Spirit on every corner of Earth," ...' in' every corner????

Posted 8 Years Ago


Okay. I am diving into uncharted waters here, since you know I am not a poet in any recognisable forrm. The title drew me in, both because I know a bit about Greek Mythology and also a little about Astronomy (Mars and so on).

I don't read this style of poetry. Yet I can see the merit, as such. Errenn wondered about whether you were drawing the reader in enough to press for the next 'chapter'. If this were prose, I would have to say no. As a poem/story however, I did read till the end. Was I confused at times? Yes. Did I have to read over at times? Yes. This is no glib page-turner, it requires participation and mental affirmations - yes, I agreed as I followed, so you did accomplish this objective.

Where I was uncomfortable was in the constant use of 'Men'. My mind kept trying to read 'Man', self-correcting along the way. I fought it, but truthfully, it jarred enough to be a concern for me. In several instances it contradicted the neighbouring verbs. I get this is intentional on your part, and in the first Chapter it flows quite well. As the story progressed however and I might go chapter by chapter and point out my concerns, it just didn't work for me.

A few typos - not sure if they are intentional, again speaking as one who is clueless as to the 'formalities'. I will again go chapter by chapter and query those.

Did it grip me? I got the symbolism and the evolution and the triumphs and tribulations. I followed the 'flow' - something you have a mastery for. The ending though. It bothered me because it felt like I was being 'explained to', if this makes sense. Like I was given closure. Was this your purpose?

It takes a great mind to write something so interwoven and protracted, keeping the same premise throughout. I sincerely am in awe of you. Not because you stand by your principles but that you also dare, in this age of bits and bytes, to offer up true language, in the spirit of the Masters. I will probably re-visit it several times, it deserves further consideration.

As to your question whether to expand, I can only say if you need to ask, then something is also causing YOU unease. None of us can rule either way, I believe this is something you need to contemplate alone. Yes, the ending was problematic for me, but that's just an opinion from a novice, really. I am not your audience, another fact to consider.

I am and will remain one of your staunches supporters. I don't offer reviews because I am incapable of doing so. I do read though, and value your stance, you know this. So I'll read again, chapter by chapter and point out my difficulties, for whatever worth they may be to you :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


Stefano Segnan

8 Years Ago

I will answer here and not each singular review.
You noticed by now that I utilise Men as si.. read more
Elise Anton

8 Years Ago

You know me Stefano, I speak as I see, so thank you for taking the time to clarify those things. A s.. read more
Stefano Segnan

8 Years Ago

Your reviews are most useful.
I liked the way you worded this poem, challenging the reign and priesthood of reason and reviving the essence of spirit.

The themes reminded me of a poem 'In the Moonlight' by Sri Aurobindo.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Stefano Segnan

8 Years Ago

I read only a few things written by Aurobindo, but you have picked my interest again. I am going to .. read more
Solar

8 Years Ago

this has his works - with a useful 'keyword' search,
http://incarnateword.in

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 17, 2016
Last Updated on March 24, 2016
Tags: fear, compassion, mercy, parody, poetry, poem, destiny, faith, fate, reason, hope, destruction, satirical


Author

Stefano Segnan
Stefano Segnan

Neverland



About
Decided that it is time to create something and try to give back to the world what the world gave to me. For this reason I dabble in poetry from time to time. I come not, friends, to flatter your h.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..