Chapter 2-Pepe

Chapter 2-Pepe

A Chapter by Ellay
"

Pepe's point of view.

"

Reading...

It soothes my nerves.
Yeah, I know, I’m a nerd. Don't judge me, it is not very wise to judge others.

But walking down the hallway, attempting to stuff everything into one bag, was not very wise. It led to my fall on the floor.

“Watch it, nerd!” said Kelly with her snarky little attitude. How I hate her! I probably hate her more than Bob does, and he can really hate a person. Like, really hate a person. I think it’s because I’ve known Kelly since kindergarten, which really sucked!

“Kelly, shut up! Like you’ve never been in a hurry!” I said while attempting to pick up everything at the same time. Yeah, I’m so clumsy. Man, I wish Bob were here. He could yell at someone, and they would back off. When, I yell at someone, which is like, never, no one cares. But then she did something that really ticked me off.

“Hey nerd, Keep talking, someday you'll say something intelligent” I know it’s a trivial thing to get mad over, but if someone calls my stupid other than my friends I get so mad. I finally got all of my stuff , got up looked him in the eye and said,

“Look who’s talking.” I said, “At least my mirror hasn’t rejected me.” and I walked away, because if there’s one thing I know about girls, they hate it when people call them ugly. I bumped into someone else. “What do you want with my life,” I said, not realizing who it was.

“Well, somebody is in a crappy mood” said Bob.

“Oh, sorry Bob, it’s just…”

“Hey, look at this thing I found. I know, lame, right?” I looked at what he was showing me. It was an old pocket watch. To be quite honest I found it quite intriguing. It was ancient and had odd markings on them.

“Actually, I find it quite interesting.” I said.

“Here, but give it back in an hour. I want it back.”

Dang it! No time to do the carbon dating, but enough to analyze it and take notes. Plus, it’s the first day of school, it’s not like anyone’s going to do anything substantial today. I put it in my pocket and got out my notepad.

“Okay. Where did you find this? When did you find this? How did you find it? What do you plan on doing with it? What..”

“Slow down. All I know is that I found this outside under a tree and it caught my attention because it was shining. And growing up with Flippy made me notice shiny things a lot more.”

I was taking notes even though he didn’t say much.


Antiquated Watch :-

  • Outside

  • under tree

  • Shining


“Any other info” I said

“No, not really” He said “Look the bell is gonna ring, I gotta go. How about you just give it back now. I don't want you to lose it. You have a tendency to do that.”

“Fine. Wait, how ‘bout I take a pic of it” I said,getting out my phone. I took a picture of it, then handed it back to him “See ya.”

I went to homeroom, still pondering about the watch. On a normal day, I would’ve got my book and read, but this time I didn’t; instead, I spent all of my time on the watch. Ok, so Bob said that he found it outside. So there should be a lot of rust on it, but what I see is that there is really isnt much. So that must mean that It was put outside recently. The only reason that it looked really old was because of the dust accumulation all over it. The shining had to be light reflection.

But he didn’t give me much information, which really sucked. I started to look at the picture more closely. It looked quite odd. There were markings on it that I couldn’t understand that were carefully etched in. The only thing close to English was Zapisać nasze dusze, and I have no idea what that means.


Antiquated Watch :-

  • Outside - must’ve been recent

  • under tree

  • Shining - light reflection

  • Dust accumulation

  • no Rust

  • odd markings

  • Zapisać nasze dusze *look up on computer*


I then proceeded to looking at the picture of the watch opened that I took so hastily I didn't really look at it. Inside were the strangest things ever. There was actually no watch at all. I came to a conclusion right there.

This was not a pocket watch, and this was not ordinary artifact.

~

I started to look around for Bob.Something wasn't right about this “pocket watch”. It seemed...abnormal.

I looked around and finally saw Bob at his locker, coughing like there was no tomorrow. I ran up to him and said “Hey, dude, you okay? You look like you're dying”

“Oh it’s nothing, it’s just that I haven’t felt good all say since I found that watch.”

“What, you mean this?” I held up the picture of the unidentified object

“Yeah, whatever, look, can you help me. Hold this.” He shoved his binder at me. When he finally managed to be done at his locker, we went to lunch and I started talking.“Ok, you know that ‘watch’ that you found” I said.

“Well, yeah no dur. I found it”

“Well based on all of this information, I’ve concluded that this is not a watch. And before you protest, look at this!” I held up the picture to show him what was inside. Six pearls, each a different color. For some reason, I felt that the white one was...I don't know...whispering to me. I am now officially creeped out. Bob turned to me.

“Do you get the feeling that the green pearl is... talking to you”. Suddenly he started having a coughing fit. His face started to turn a grayish-green and he passed out.

“BOB!! Oh my God!! Are you ok?!” I said. I didn't get any response. Oh no. “NURSE!! Someone!! Anyone!!! Please, help!!!!” I started to feel dizzy. Everything started to turn hazy, and I blacked out.

~

When I woke up, some weird guys were shining a light in my face. Ok, this is weird. Where the hell am I?! A weird bald guy turned to me and said “Ah, Mr. Rici, I see you're awake.We’ve ran some tests...”

“TESTS!!! What tests?! What’s going on?” I said. Ok, now I’m freaking out. “Are you evil ninjas or something? Back off! I know martial arts!”

“Mr.Rici…” The guy said, but I stopped him

“And how do you know my last name? And Bob.. WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY BEST FRIEND BOB! TELL ME NOW OR I KILL YOU!!!”

“Nurse, note that Mr. Rici is having temper tantrums” said the freaky guy. “Now, your brother wants to see you.” Oh yeah, I never told you about my little brother. His name is Philippe. He is a pest in my opinion.I hate him, and he hates me, so why would he want to visit? Right, he probably wants to taunt me and be a brat. I’ll get him when I feel better.

“Pepe, what’s wrong?” He asked, “You need help”

“If you just came here to bother me, get out.” I said. “If you want something, ask, and I’ll say yes or no.”

“God, that makes it no fun” He whined “I was going to bribe you and everything… EVERYTHING”

“Spit it out, what do you want.” I demanded

“Fine, give me your iPod”

“No”

“Give it”

“I gave you my answer. NO!”

“You idiot, I swear ...” My brother was interrupted once my dad came in, and then he started crying as if I beat him up real bad. That idiot… Always getting me into trouble.

“What did you do Pepe!” my dad yelled at me.

“I did nothing, he was just about to call me a…” I said, but then Phillipe did what he is best at… lying to get me in trouble.

“Don’t believe him dad. He sits on a throne of lies” Philippe said. Ugh here we go again. Okay, the routine is that I speak the truth, he speaks the lies and Dad believes Philippe, Mom is undecided, and in the end everyone is mad at me. THE END. No, not really, but still.

“Guys, I just want to know where Bob is” I said

“Oh, he is in the other room still unconscious. You know, same old same old” my dad said.

“I can’t believe you guys passed out. I knew you were weaklings, and now here’s the proof!” Philippe said. The freaky guy walked in, and suddenly told my family to leave.

“WHAT SORT OF FAMILY ARE YOU!! LEAVING ME WITH THIS FREAKY GUY!!!” I screamed. Phillipe just laughed. I just want to...no, I gotta save my anger for later when I’m punching his face in.

“I can’t believe that you are yelling at us for leaving you with the doctor”he said. Oh. I didn’t know. Well you can’t blame me, I mean he was bald and had the white coat, everything that you would imagine in an evil scientist.

“Umm, excuse me mister. I’m sorry for, you know , thinking you were a creeper. I’m really smart so...I jump to conclusions.”

The freak/doctor smiled. “Its quite alright, Pepe, it has happened before.”

What? “Seriously?” I said.

“No , I’m just joking. So, how are you feeling? Are you dizzy, shaky...”

“I’m just fine. How is my friend, Bob? Is he alright?”

“He suffered a minor concussion, thats all.”

“But right before he passed out he was having a coughing fit. Doesn't that mean that there is something else going on?” Something is going on. Either they can't say it, or they don't know what's going on with him. I have to find out.

“I’m sorry Pepe. We’ve done many tests, but found nothing out of the ordinary. Why, do you  think there is something else wrong with him?” he asked.

“I don't know, you're the doctor?!”

“I know, and I am correct when I say that you're friend is just fine.”

“Then may I see him?!”

“Certainly. You can meet up with him in the cafeteria. He was going there anyway.”he said. He walked out of the room, and I stood up. Ahhhhh!!!!! I’m in a hospital gown!!!!

Gross.

I walked into the cafeteria and saw Bob.

What happened to him?!



© 2015 Ellay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on July 5, 2015
Last Updated on July 5, 2015


Author

Ellay
Ellay

NY



About
I'm a young human interested in writing, not as a career, but as a hobby This is a little bit about me I'm now a senior in high school, after having started this account when I was a sophomore. Sc.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ellay