Chapter 3-Skippy

Chapter 3-Skippy

A Chapter by Ellay
"

Skippy's (Flippy's) point of view

"

Walls...

Their extremely interesting.

Well, they are when you're trying to ignore the most boring teacher in history. Ha! I made a funny!I’m in history class, that explains my laughing.My teacher, Mrs.Selma, is teaching us about some guy named George who crossed a river. I’ve crossed plenty of rivers, but do I get any sections in a history book? The answer is no, by the way.

“Now, can anyone tell me what was the day that Washington crossed the Delaware.” asked my teacher. Please don't pick me, please don't pick.... “Ah, Mr.Thompson. What is the answer?”Dang it!

“Umm...uhhhh.....The War of 1812?”Nailed it!

“No, Mr. Thompson. Washington crossed the Delaware on December 25, 1776. If you payed attention in my class, you would know that. Please go to the office to explain to the principal how you failed in my class and in life this semester.

“What?!”

“Yes, now go before I have the school security guards drag you down” she said. Hold on, we have security?! Cool!I'll bet they're like secret agents!

“I would love to see that!” said, surprise surprise, Kelly. Doesn't she ever just shut up!

I started to walk down to the office, because Flippy don't like to be dragged. I don't know about you, but I like to keep my dignity intact, thank you very much. Anyway, when I got there I saw that the secretary was more frantic than usual, and that is saying something. Everyday its “Did Billy get his lunch?” or “I need to pick my kid up because I’m super rich so I’m taking Selma to Disney”. Yeah, parents are jerks.

“I’m here to see Ms.Linell?” I said.

“One moment please”she said, turning back to the phone. “No, the incident at the lunch room was just an accident, Mrs.Evans. Bob simply tripped over someone and got a concussion. Nothing too serious, though, so he should be home by tomorrow.Ok? Bye now.” She turned to me and said “What can I do for you Skippy?”

Someone needs a hearing aid. “I’m here to see the principal.”

“What did you do this time? Did you try to jump out of the window again to look at the shiny cars?”

“No. I said the wrong answer in social studies class, so Mrs.Selma sent me here.”

“Well getting the wrong answer is perfectly fine. Well,it technically isn't, but it is not punishment worthy. Mrs.Selma probably just wanted you to leave her class. You can stay here till the end of the period.”

“Thanks.” I sat down and.....wait. Did, on the phone, she say Mrs.Evans. As in Bob Evans? “Hey, were you talking to Bob Evans’s mother?”

“I’m sorry, thats classified. If I told students classified information, then...I will get in big trouble. Lets just say that.” She turned back to her work. That didn't tell me a thing. But I’m positive that she was talking about Bob. Something happened to him. I don't know how I didn't notice, but I think he was gone right after lunch. Just like the secretary said. Time to be Secret Agent Flippy!

~

At the end of the period I went to Kevin’s locker to get some answers.

“Oh, hey, Flippy, hows it going?” Kevin asked.

“Good, good. So, did you hear something about Bob today? Something...out of the ordinary, perhaps?

“Umm, lets see. Oh, yeah, he found some watch outside of the school. Like, a pocket watch. I don't know why he was so interested in it, but, you know, he’s Bob. He likes random crap.”

“A pocket watch you say? Hmm, anything else?”

“Not off the top of my head. Look, I gotta go. Rosalita is expecting me, so...bye” he said, walking away. I overheard Rosalita say,

“You are saying it wrong! It’s Rrrrosalita De laRosa.” Hmmm... so theres a pocket watch involved in this. I need more cluejs.

To Graphten!


“Look, Flippy, I don't want to hear about some weird watch. Do you really think I care!”said Graphten “I was only with Bob this morning, then I left. Is that so hard to understand?!”

“Well....” I said suspiciously.

“Don't you well me! I don't know what happened to Bob. I’ve actually been trying to find him all day! And Pepe too.” he said practically screaming his face off.

“What?” I said thoroughly confused “Pepes gone too? What the frick is going on!”

“I don't know. You’re in you're detective Skippy mode right now, so you should know, not me!”He stormed off, pushing the unlucky people who got into his path of rage.

So Kevin doesn't know what's going on, and neither does Graphten. But now Pepes gone! Something weird is going on. Its time to take drastic measures. Very dangerous measures. Like, if I get caught I’m dead measures. You get my meaning, its life threatening measures.

~

Ok, I thought sneaking into the schools security office would be like, trip wires and darts and all that cool spy junk, but this is just sad. The room is completely empty, with the only thing blocking it is a locked door. I don’t even hear voices at the other side. Picking locks. Easy as chasing squirrels.

So here we go. Hacking into the school mainframe. Lets watch the video footage from this morning. Ok, kid picking his nose, gross. Two kids making out in the girls bathroom, weird. Wait, they have footage in the girls bathroom?! Hmm....interesting. Hold on a second! At 12:42, Pepe and Bob, talking in the hall, and then Bob passes out. What?! Ok, now an ambulance is coming and Pepe is passed out too. Now they leave, and the secretary and the principal are looking for something. What the cheese is going on?! I need to find Pepe and Bob.

Lets see. Their probably in the hospital, since thats where ambulances come from, right? No seriously, do they come from the hospital, cause I don't bother myself learning where certain motor vehicles come from. I have to bring someone with me, though, to pose as my parent because people who work there get really upset when you randomly walk in and see random a*s people. Lets see...who’s tall and mature and stuff. Of course, Alex Trebek. Wait, I don't know him so we have to go for plan B. Kevin Woo!

“Wait, so let me get this straight, you want me to escort you to the hospital so you can solve this mysterious mystery of yours? Notice the alliteration?” said Kevin trying to shake me off his back as I pleaded with him to come.

“Please, pretty please with squirrels and beige walls on top. Come on, don't you want to save Bob and Pepe from their torture.”

“Not really. If they were put in a hospital, it was for good reason. Technically, you should not interfere with the work of trained doctors and nurses.” You know, sometimes Kevin can be a real butt.

“How about I give you 60 rupees? That won't get you a lot in India, but you could buy candy bar.”

“You do know I’m freakin rich, right? My mother owns a gluten free chicken nugget factory that make chicken nuggets for the Queen of England. And my dad is a professional neurosurgeon.”

“You’re point is…”

“Fine, I’ll go, just keep your rupees.”

“Detective Skippy will prevail!”

“Sometimes i ask myself why you are my friend…”



“Name please” the lady at the desk said.

“My name is Kevin Woo, and this is my....son, yes, my son Skippy Woo. We are here to see Robert Evans and Pepe Rici” Kevin replied in a weird manly man voice. Its funny because Kevins not a manly man, he’s a mature weakling.

“Im sorry, but they're not here. They might have been transferred to another hospital though. Would you like me to check, sir?” They’re not here!

“Wouldn't they show up on your computer, though, if they they were transferred? I’m quite positive they would show up on your records” Kevin said, starting to get annoyed.

“Sir, I’m the superior to you at this moment, and if I say that they're not here, they're not here, got it. I have a lot of work to do, and I can't be bothered, so please leave.” How rude! Wait a minute, isn't that Pepe’s dad and brother. Oh thank the Lord, they are here!

“Philippe, Philippe! Do you know where Pepe is?”I said sprinting over to him.

“Yeah, why? Can't you just ask the secretary where he is. She told me earlier.”

“She wouldn't tell us! What room is he in, and do you know where Bob is?”

“Last I saw Pepe, he was screaming cause he thought the doctor was, like, a killer or someone like that. My brother is so stupid. Anyway, I know Bob was in the cafeteria, Pepes probably there as well. Look, I gotta go, so bye” he said running to catch up with his dad. I ran over to Kevin and dragged him down the hallway.

“Hey watch it. Don't touch the hair. Where are we going anyway? What did Philippe say?” Kevin said, trying to fix his blond hair. He adores his blond hair. He’s very proud of it.

“He said that they’re in the cafeteria! Come on, slow poke!” I told him, trying not to run after the hot nurse that just walked by. We ran to the cafeteria, and I threw the doors open. Pepe was sitting there, next to Bob, trying to get him to eat something.Bob was sitting, looking like a zombie, absolutely refusing to eat anything. There were bags under his eyes, and he looked like he was going to puke. That is just gross!!!

I ran over to them screaming “Bob! Pepe! Its me, Skippy!!!! What’s up?” They looked up at me, Pepe looking surprised, Bob just looked at me then looked back at the table. It was an interesting table, though, because it was beige. Ah, beige, such a marvelous color, don't you think?

“Skippy, Kevin, what are you doing here? You guys should be at school.” said Pepe. Of course he would say that. School is practically his life. If school was closed, he would still go. How sad is that?

“We came to rescue you, of course. Also, I love cafeteria mashed potatoes!!”

Kevin, from behind me, said “I was dragged here against my will, so don't blame me. I only came for the promise of the rupees.”

“I thought you didn't want the rupees?!”

“Eh, now I do. Smart people change their minds often.” Oh Kevin, how you annoy me!

Suddenly, Bob started coughing. As much as I hate coughing, and I really hate it, I went over to him and tried to get him to stop. Okay, I’m officially grossed out!

“Oh my gosh, Bob, what is wrong with you?” said Kevin, sounding seriously scared. This is just freaky.

“Im *cough* okay. Just not feeling *cough* well.” he said, looking not in any way, shape, or form well. In fact, he looked like my dog right before he barfed all over my brother John’s shoes. Ah, good times, good times. I can still picture my brother screaming “Ah F**k S**t.” I laughed my a*s off when I heard this.

“Bob, should I get the nurse. You haven’t even eaten anything, and you don't look okay at all.” Pepe said, about to stand up.

“No! I don't need anymore pampering, thank you very much. I just....” He suddenly paused.

Kevin, looking frightened, said “Bob?! Are you okay?!”

“Yeah, I feel just fine now, but there’s something in my pocket.” He put his hand in his pocket.

In his hand were 6 pearls.



© 2015 Ellay


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

136 Views
Added on July 5, 2015
Last Updated on July 5, 2015


Author

Ellay
Ellay

NY



About
I'm a young human interested in writing, not as a career, but as a hobby This is a little bit about me I'm now a senior in high school, after having started this account when I was a sophomore. Sc.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Ellay