1.

1.

A Chapter by Raylene
"

Excuse the spacing the main characters name is pronounced AWN-YA

"

I stood in the watch tower looking out seeing our new home. It was the  Kingdom of Tryst ruled by King Nicholas. I huffed a puff of smoke as I hated the idea of moving into a humans territory, though it  had come to this as King  Nicholas was hunting down all Faye.

The story goes that King Nicholas at the age of fifteen still a  prince had fallen madly in love with a witch; who he got pregnant out of wedlock.The royal family was outraged for he was  betrothed to a Dutchess from the isles of Norsetra.  The young witch was said to have been killed by the royal  family, yet it is known she escaped with the help of the Faye  never to return to  her beloved, bearing his child. 

 The Queen at the time Queen Judith and her husband King  George had  their son punished for tainting the royal bloodline by whipping him like one of  their workers. The King soon rose to power as His father became ill due to  unknown reasons; he blamed the Faye as he claimed they were  angry  with him for his parents choice of out casting his lover.

 

The King did marry his betrothed now Queen Rohesia, who was outraged that there might be a challenge for the throne. The Queen was expecting a son as it was the talk of Kingdom; Rohesia however, wanted this child to  be found and murdered if it was a boy. 

 

 The witch would of had the child by the time the King was sixteen, the  King was now twenty six. The child would be ten by now, though the law of the Faye  stated if the child is abandoned to its Faye parent; the child was  now under full protection of the Faye. The King found this out by  one of  the leaders in the wilderness as story goes it was one of the Troll  leaders.  I however doubt that since the trolls hate the humans since in the old times  they were hunted for their hide by them.

The King then declared a hunt, to find his b*****d child even if it meant  destroying all of the Faye.

 

That is why the dragons are getting involved. Many of our  kind were meeting  to arrange who would go where, I was apart of the mountain dragon  clan our people were ruled by Queen Adelaide.

She had taken the throne young since her parents had fallen  in battle one  year ago in the first year of the humans kings hunt.  

The Queen had summoned the council and decided a few of the  families  would move into the humans territory; so we could know where  they  planned to hunt and get the Faye out to one of the safe territories.

   I did not want to move yet my father was one of the leaders of the council, so he saw it as his duty to go. I sat down taking in the last bits of home as I knew we would not return for a long time; the  humans had no idea that  dragons could take human form. The worry was if the younger ones could  maintain form long enough to fool the humans.

I did not understand the humans much, all they had to do to  get the child was ask the witch coven. This bloodshed was  nonsense, everyone in the Faye world knew who the child was  and knew if it was boy or girl. The King  just had to go through the coven and ask for the child, not to kill  but to see we  are a peaceful race.

 I climbed down from the tower to head home, mother would need me to help with the twins as well as packing up our home. I hoped that this all  would end soon though dragons are immortal unless you know  our secret  though knowing the humans the Queens parents death was a        fluke.

I guessed more or less the humans for one lucky shot, it is  our one weakness besides that we are immortal



© 2016 Raylene


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good chapter. You used the proper logic of who, what, when, where and how of every situation. I like the story line and the characters. You made each come alive. A very worthwhile read my friend. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

Thank you I'm working on this very tentative so I don't miss any gaps thank you my friend I apprecia.. read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You did well and you are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 30, 2016
Last Updated on November 30, 2016


Author

Raylene
Raylene

jonesboro, AR



About
Just here to share my stories and talent for telling them I welcome all writers. more..

Writing
Murder by midnight Murder by midnight

A Screenplay by Raylene


Treasure Treasure

A Story by Raylene


Help! Help!

A Story by Raylene