3.

3.

A Chapter by Raylene

"I said I wanted that child found!"
I shuddered at her rage
"Yes my Queen."
Queen Rohesia stood, in anger as her husband was yet again gone on the hunt.
"I swore, to myself when I became Queen, I would make sure my children's birth right would be settled."
I was merely her chamber maid, and her son's caretaker. Tonight the Queen demanded I come speak to her as, she knew I would not betray her.

"Then tell me why?!"
I looked at her, she was a tall elegant woman with chestnut brown hair that was braided. The Queen was stunning her olive skin shunned in her purple silk gown.
"Agatha!"
"Yes, my Queen?"
The Queen was trying to calm down
"WHY! did he have to go and impregnate that woman."
I shook
"I do not know your majesty."
The Queen sighed as she sat on her bed
"Go fetch me, the girl."
I looked at her funny wondering which one
"The one my husband captured that plays that flute."

I nodded she was talking about the young elf girl. Queen Rohesia made it to where any capture fairy folk was to serve the kingdom.
"I believe her name is F.."
The Queen snapped her head toward me
"I do not care, what her name is as far as I'm concerned. Her name is a crime against the kingdom you know I rename all the fairy folk that we capture."
"Then what shall I address her by?"

The Queen waved her hand
"Susannah"
I nodded and went to go fetch her
"Agatha make sure to check on Prince Rowan."
"Yes my lady."
I watched fast trying not to let the other maids see me red ears.

I came to the end of the hall, and climbed down the stairwell to the down to the chambers where we kept the fairy folk.
I walked down and saw all the locked cages I tried not to cry as I heard the cries of the fairy folk.
I finally made it to where the young elf was being kept I unlocked the door and hurried inside.

"Dolores"
I turned and smiled as I saw for the first time in many years my little cousin.
"Flora.."
She smiled as she sat on a cot chained to the bed. I ran over and hugged her small body her blonde hair was dirty and her clothes where in tatters.
"What are you doing here?"
Flora smiled weakly
"Aunt Sage was worried when we did not get your monthly letter."
I sighed "You know that Queen... She suspects everyone to be a trader."
Flora nodded "Are you safe?"
I nodded"Yes you know better than this. I came here after training with the elfin guards to remain undercover to protect the Realm."

Flora sighed "I know but fours year here... I got worried."
I started to unlock her chains "I know yet, I am fine."
I heard foot steps "Listen, your new name is Susannah, and mine is Agatha"
The guards came to the room as I hugged her goodbye
"The Queen wanted to make sure that this creature did not hurt you."
I nodded
"I am fine Sir Benjamin and Sir Edward."
The took Flora as I stood there she mouthed to me that she loved me.
I nodded back as I walked behind them, to go sing a traditional Elfin lullabies to the Prince like I've done since he was born.


© 2016 Raylene


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Check last lines and the story is getting more interesting. I like the need to find the missing children and the hopeful ending. You are create strong story line and interesting tale. Thank you for sharing the excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Raylene

7 Years Ago

Thank you coyote and yes im editing it soon I thank you for your time.
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 1, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016


Author

Raylene
Raylene

jonesboro, AR



About
Just here to share my stories and talent for telling them I welcome all writers. more..

Writing
Murder by midnight Murder by midnight

A Screenplay by Raylene


Treasure Treasure

A Story by Raylene


Help! Help!

A Story by Raylene