5.

5.

A Chapter by Raylene

  
 We were all gathered in a line to leave. The Queen in s red cloak with her sister and nephews in tow was giving certain people things I supposed gifts yet most of the precipitants were my age. I smiled at the young princes' I often wondered who her sisters mate was; most people said she had set up in their parents old territory in the Southern hemisphere.
 The oldest Prince Gabriel was the first to greet us
"Good morrow Master Phillip and Lady Marcella"
My mother chuckled
"Well good morrow Prince Gabriel."
My father ruffled his dirty blonde hair as we went by and he grabbed my hand
"Aine; Aunt Adelaide said this is yours."
      I opened my hands as he gave me a opal in pure silver with the symbol of the prophets. I looked at it wondering what it meant as we walked Gabriel talked to me. Gabriel had always liked me even though I was much older than him.
"Aunt Adelaide said you have a special role; I bet she see a lot in you. Aunt Adelaide is really smart, and by the looks of it she picked a great person to be the new prophet of the new land."

   Father stopped in his tracks as he darted his eyes towards me. He swore under his breath as he looked at our Queen in a angered way I have never seen before. My mother looked at me as if she was about to cry; and curled up to my father I knew they would not say anything until we were away from the royals.
Gabriel grabbed my hand as we walked
"Aine?"
I looked down at him
"Yes?"
He looked up at me
"The Prophet can speak to anyone at anytime; I was hoping you would talk to me even once I moved."
I smiled
"Of course my Prince."
Prince Gabriel tugged on my hand one more time
"I was also hoping you will tell me about my brother."
I was confused
"Prince Gabriel I am sure your brothers are going with you."
Prince Gabriel looked around and waved me down
"You got to promise me you will not tell."
I nodded as he whispered in my ear
"I am talking about the human Prince Rowan; he is my half brother please look after him."
I stood up shocked my mother looked at me as we were about to load up into our cart; Prince Gabriel looked like he was stunned he said it too.
"Remember Aine a dragons promise is their life."
The Prince ran to his mothers side; I looked around me and thought I was about to be sick as my brother grabbed my arm.

   "Aine?"
My father came to my side
"Get her into the caravan; that damned woman giving the power of the prophets to a fourteen year old girl."
I felt the world spin as my brother and father carried me into the caravan; I heard my mothers voice as I laid under a bear skin blanket on one of our sheep skin pillows.
"Easy my love the power of the Prophets is a lot to take hold; I shall wake you when we arrive to Tryst."
I looked up sweating  and feeling my mouth go dry as my sister stroked my hair
  "It is okay Aine, you can survive the process of becoming a Prophetess."
I knew if I survived the night I would awaken with the power of the Prophets but of which powers I would get is a mystery. I closed my eyes last seeing Prince Gabriel waving and my sister closing the Caravan curtains' to protect my eyes from the eyes I finally collapsed to the sound of horse hooves on the snow. 


© 2016 Raylene


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

121 Views
Added on December 2, 2016
Last Updated on December 2, 2016


Author

Raylene
Raylene

jonesboro, AR



About
Just here to share my stories and talent for telling them I welcome all writers. more..

Writing
Murder by midnight Murder by midnight

A Screenplay by Raylene


Treasure Treasure

A Story by Raylene


Help! Help!

A Story by Raylene