4

4

A Chapter by Raylene

  
  I walked to the end of the underground tunnel. I made sure I was not followed as I knew it was going to be horrible if I was seen. I saw four figures near the secret exit into the Faye Realm;  I smiled as I approached the figures.
One was a small pale woman with curly dark blonde hair and dark blue eyes she was covered by a red hood. The smaller three were all young boys the oldest was five holding the hand of a three year old the smallest was still a babe that laid in the hands of what seemed to be another figure a woman with dark red hair.
 
The oldest came running to me and hugged my leg
"Pa-pa!" I took off my hood as I picked the boy up
"Gabriel my boy I missed Thee."
"I missed thee as well pa-pa."
I walked toward the figures as the woman came toward me frowning.
"Your mother seems to be angered."
Gabriel seemed to be more interested in talking about how he saw a bear the other day.
The woman stood with her arms crossed as I approached her
"Hello my beloved."
She scoffed
"Oh is that who I am...I thought I was the evil witch who made you impregnate her."
Gabriel rose his head
"Ma-ma.."
 I put Gabriel down
"My son go to your brothers as I talk to your mother."

  I smiled as he walked off with blonde curls bouncing
"Penelope.. I know you are mad."
Penelope huffed as she unveiled her hood
"Mad? I am livid you arse!"
I sighed
"I am telling the kingdom soon."
Penelope huffed a puff a smoke
"I have raised our three sons by myself... and I would hate to have my sisters army come kill your castle."
I tried to touch her face yet she jerked away
"Nicholas.. I have to hide our children in order to make sure your people do not realize; that their King married a Dragon not that human."
I held out my hands
"My love listen I love thou and my sons.."

Penelope held up her hand
"If you do not tell them in a months time the dragons will."
I looked down and stroked my brown beard
"I know.. but Rohesia is the peoples Queen."
Penelope held up her hand and smacked me before I could react the sound echoed in the tunnel
"Are you daft?!"
"I am Princess Penelope Krishna   heir to the throne of the  Realm am not a mistress to you a mere mortal man."
I shook at her voice
"I have raised three sons and am pregnant again and I will be damned if I bring in another heir of your not Queen of this kingdom or it will burn."
I gulped "Penelope my love."
Her eyes were the color of flames
"Does your sons lives not matter?! Gabriel, Ezekiel, or Jonah ?"
I tried to regain my poseur
"Penelope I promise you will have your thrown."
Penelope laughed
"You do not get it I have a thrown already my parents death have left the southern hemisphere vunerable that is where I am taking the children." 
I gasped
"You can not leave!"
she held up her hand
"My brother Samuel has offered to take over if I stayed here; though I told my siblings I would make my decision in a months time."

 I gulped
"You would leave me?"
Penelope looked like she was about to cry
"You left me and your family long ago and why should I wait for you when you could not wait for me?'
I tried not to cry
"Will you remarry?" 
Penelope smiled
"I can not divorce you without the truth coming out; unlike you."
Penelope hugged me
"Nicholas please make the right choice."
I stood there
"Can I talk to my sons."
Penelope waved over the red headed woman who  when approached was her older sister Queen Adelaide.
Adelaide smiled at me
"Nicholas.."
I smiled as I reached for my youngest son Jonah': Adelaide handed him over after clawing my hands.
Gabriel came up to me with Ezekiel
"Pa-pa will you come visit us ?"
I looked down to see two boys one with blonde curly hair the other with brown but both had their mothers blue eyes.
I looked at my youngest soon he seemed to have my eyes maybe it was me who wanted it that way.
 I hugged my sons and we talked as their mother and aunt watched; Gabriel looked at me
"Pa-pa can I ask of a favor?'
I smiled
"Yes my son?'"
"Can I one day met our brother?"
I saw Penelope's face turn red
"I suppose that is a question for your mother."
Gabriel looked at his mother
Penelope tried to swallow her anger
"I suppose one day we shall visit and you can met your brother Rowan."
She looked at me and knew what I had chose

I got up and hugged my sons and my beloved for the last time.
"Penelope I am sorry.."
Penelope held up her hand
"Just stop the raids Nicholas and I will bring the boys every summer."
I soon began to walk back I put my hands near my dagger and felt it was gone. I smiled knowing one of my sons had something of their father to remember. I walked into my castle to tell my wife that I took care of the witch and found out there was no heir well no eligible ones and that we should open the borders to the Faye and try to ban together.


© 2016 Raylene


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on December 2, 2016
Last Updated on December 2, 2016


Author

Raylene
Raylene

jonesboro, AR



About
Just here to share my stories and talent for telling them I welcome all writers. more..

Writing
Murder by midnight Murder by midnight

A Screenplay by Raylene


Treasure Treasure

A Story by Raylene


Help! Help!

A Story by Raylene