High School

High School

A Chapter by SweetRainDrops
"

Legend of Zelda characters go to High School!

"
Vio
^^^^

"Vio! Vio!" I hear someone calling from behind me. I turn around away from my locker and see a figure dressed in all red running towards me. I smile at my friend, Red. "Hey," I say.

"Hey, Vio!" he said, excitedly.

"How are you?" I ask as I turn back to my locker and get put in all of my new textbooks.

"Good. Good, but I came over to see how Blue was doing, you know, since you live next door to him." Red replied.

"Oh. Does our little Red have a tiny crush on our dear Blue?" I tease him. A deep red blush coats his cheeks. "Uh... No! I was just wondering..."

"Uh huh. Anyway, he's been fine. He's gotten his own apartment (1)." I say. After a pause I add, "How's Shadow?"

A sly smile forms on the younger's lips. "Oh, I don't know. Why don't you ask him for yourself?" Red replies, his gaze going over my shoulder. I turn around to see what he's looking at and almost shriek. Shadow is standing right behind me. Once I'm able to controll my breathing, I say "Gosh, Shadow! Don't sneak up on me like that!" My heart still fluttering, I thought 'Man! He's the ONLY one who is able to sneak up on me!'

He just smirked. This close I could smell his scent. He smelled of ashes from a bonfire and cinnamon. He leans against the lockers as I close mine after retrieving my English books. "So, how have you been, Shadow?" I ask, still slightly, but just slightly, flustered.

"Fine." he shrugged. Red and I start to walk to home room, and Shadow follows. As we walk I note his get-up. He's wearing black skinny jeans with rips on the knees. The bottoms of them are completely shredded and torn up. He has on a bright white tee with a black leather jacket over it. His black, but deep purple in some lighting, hair is swished to the left side of his forehead. He's got black combat boots on and a sliver chain around his neck. I then noticed he got his ears pierced. Red hoop earrings (2) that match the color of his rupee red eyes adorn his ears.

"When did you get your ears pierced?" I ask, unintentionally, looking at him from the corner of my eye.

"Over the summer while you were gone." he stated flatly as if he wasn't into the conversation.

"Oh." I say, his tone making me shut up. I was gone from the day school ended to the week before it started. I was sailing on the seas with my parents and little sister. We decided to go as just a family this year-well they decided that while I was at the park with my friends- instead of like every other year where we only go one week, and it's with all my friends (Red,
Blue, Shadow, and Green-also know as Link).

We are quite as we walk to room 218. Once we reach there we all enter. I was surprised that we all had the same home room this year. What are the odds?

I took a seat in the far left corner in the very front row. Red sits by Blue in the middle row, and Shadow actually sat in the back row in the far right corner for a change. He usually sits by me. Worry that I did something wrong pricks at me, but I push it away as the teacher walks in.

"Good morning, class." she sang to us.

"Good morning, Ms.Younglover." we all reply in a less singsong voice.

"Does anyone know what today is? Today is the first day of school. Which means today is the back to school party!"

Everyone cheered. What I love about this school is that on the first day of school, we party. I also love all of our vacation time. I smile, thinking about all the decorations Green had to set up since he's a perfectionist and wouldnt let anyone else help him. I mean, as stundent body president he could do that. He is indeed in charge after all.

"Alright, I have one more annoucement before we head to the gym to party and play some games. Class, this is our new student, Deity or Oni Link." Ms.Younglover says as she gestures to a male about a whole foot taller than me. Everyone, including me, scanned him from head to toe. I could already tell he was going to be a popular.

He wore dark leather boots over his dark navy pants. He wears a dim white tunic
under a navy breastplate with golden symbols on it. His hair was a blinding white and seemed to give off light. His face had red and navy face paint on it. A shiver ran down my spine when I saw his eyes. The thing is he has no eyes. Well he has eyes, but there is no irises or pupils, the whites of the eyes.

"Alright now, everyone. Let's go to the gym!" the teacher said. At first no one stands up, everyone scared of the new guy. But then Shadow stood as swing no one else would. Soon everyone else was on their way out the door too. I'm the last person in the room (well except for Oni). I gather up my English, wondering why I even got it out. As I walk out of the room, I feel the new kids eyes one me. My pace quickens, and I put my book up in my locker before going to the gym. Once my books are up I head to the party in search of Shadow.

ᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜᏜ
Red
^^^^
After school we are all headed to my house. My parents really wanted to see all of my friends again. So as we are walking home, I could tell something was wrong. Not only was the air tense, but Vio was acting weird. His purple backpack was on his back
like normal, but his head was down watching the sidewalk and his body was all tense. 'Hmmm...' I thought as I glanced at my other friend, Shadow.

He was acting strange too. He wasn't trying to embarrass Vio or tease him, and he was walking faster than normal. I glance at Blue who glances at me. I step aside so that I am right next to Blue. "Do you know what's wrong with them?" I asked, my crush. He turned his head and answered "I have no idea." Our heads were so close I could feel his warm breath on my nose. A shiver ran down my spine as a slight blush formed on my cheeks.

"Okay, you talk to Vio, and I'll talk to Shadow to see what's up." Blue tells me. I nodd and stop walking till Vio and I are at the same pace. "What's wrong?" I ask softly. Vio looks up at me, then at Shadow, then back at me.

"I don't know. But for some reason Shadow seems distant to me like I did something wrong. It hurts. It just really... Hurts. It hurts my heart. It hurts my spirit. It makes my
heart ache. I just..." he trailed off, looking back at the ground with his blue eyes. I'm at a loss for words. But I am saved from having to reply because we reached my house, and Voi took off up the sidewalk, running up the concrete steps, and into my house through the wooden doors before everyone else.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_
Vio
^^^^

Once I'm inside the safty of Red's house, I run inside and up the stairs (3). I made a left and ran straight into Red's bedroom. I dump my backpack in there and rush back down the hall and to the right. Stijl upstairs, I enter Red's bathroom and lock the door behind me. I sit on the closed toilet lid and try to sort through all my feelings and thoughts. I search my heart for the identifications of these emotions coursing throughout me.

Of course, I come up with no answers. There's a knock on the bathroom door, and I look up at it only to see Red standing there, holding the door open. I stare at him in disbelieve. Then I notice the lockpick in his hand. 'Crap! I forgot he could use one of those!' I thought as I looked at him. Red's blue eyes watch me. I still can't believe the similaritys all of us have, except Shadow. The same blond hair. The same blue eyes. Shadow is an exact copy of Green's profile, except of course Shadow's coloring is different, darker, blacker.

Red walks over to me and extends his hand out, silently asking me if I was ready to rejoin the world, the living. I nod and accept his hand. Then his mom called "Dinner's ready!"


© 2011 SweetRainDrops


Author's Note

SweetRainDrops
(1) In Hyrule the aging rules are different. They can get apartments at age seventeen and a driver's license at age fifteen.
(2) like the hoops Link wears in the LoZ: twilight Princess game for the wii.
(3) the reason why he knows Red's house so well is because he's been best friends with Red since pre-k. And Red is Vio's closest friend.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

214 Views
Added on August 16, 2011
Last Updated on August 16, 2011
Tags: High_school, yaoi


Author

SweetRainDrops
SweetRainDrops

Wylie, TX



About
My favorite quotes: "The best things in life aren't even things at all" "Love makes everything grow" more..

Writing
Prolodge Prolodge

A Chapter by SweetRainDrops