Chapter 3: Who's Who?

Chapter 3: Who's Who?

A Chapter by TJ Worthen
"

After finally joining the Hunters Of The Burning Rose, Rhys tries to get to know the other hunters of the guild.

"
I find myself waking up on my bed, and immediately I'm asking questions. Last time I remember, I was getting branded by Azura and I blacked out. I look down and see that my Robes are still open and I have a weird mark on my chest. So that just confirms that all of that was a dream. I walk out the door, ready to go detective, when suddenly Azura is sitting on the couch and is sipping on coffee. I stood their, confused as hell. Before I asked her anything, she spoke.

"Oh, you're awake. That's good." She said happily. "After we gave you your brand, you passed out. I don't know why you would, there's nothing there that would kill you. But anyway, I thought it would be nice to take you back to your place for the night." She still never answered the question I was about to ask:

"How?"

"Oh simple. You had your room key on your Robes. It had your room number on it." She said. And with that, I let out a long "Ooooooooooh." She chuckled, and now I believe she likes my stupidity.

"But anyways," she said, getting back on track. "I need to explain to you the rules of being with our guild. Rule One) Your loyalty is to our guild and our guild alone. If you change the loyalty of your guild, you will be excommunicated from your original guild and cursed. Rule Two) The guild is your responsibility. You must follow your guild master's orders. If you disobey any order, consequence will follow. Continuous violations of a major degree will result in excommunication and being cursed. Rule Three) When it comes to the guild having to work alongside other guilds, you will adhere to your own guild master and not the other master. Major violation will result in excommunication and being cursed. Rule Four) You will respect the other members of your guild. Yes, you can horse around with them, but only to such a degree. Major violation will result in excommunication and being cursed. Rule Five) Your mission is to hunt rogue demons and to eliminate them by any means. If you are caught conspiring with them, you will be excommunicated and cursed. Rule Six) Try your best to keep the mortal world unaware of our existence. Such knowledge could be a threat to our world. Do you understand these rules and will you follow them?"

"Yes." I reply. "But quick minor question: why are you cursed when you're excommunicated?"

"As punishment." She answered. "It leaves you deformed and as hideous as the demons we hunt. It also leaves you a target to guilds." My eyes widen. "Do you understand?"

"Yes" I say rather quickly, mainly out of fear.

"Very well then," she says, standing up and reaching her hand out. "Welcome to the Hunters Of The Burning Rose." I shake her hand proudly. She then starts to head out and I go to open the door for her. She hands me papers and a key.

"These are directions to our guild base. And this key will let you in. Guild sessions are from 6:30 to 10:30 at night, though they could go longer for hunts. See you tonight!" She said happily as she walked away. I smile and close the door to try to kill time.

I head out for the guild at around 6, believing I might make it on time. I walk through the streets and see my way to the guild base. When I get there, it's 6:24. I'm early. Uh oh. But luckily, everyone else is there. I sit down with others and there's a silence. I don't like the silence. Let's try breaking the ice with these guys.

"So," I led "how are you all?"

They all said various forms of good.

"That's good." I say. I take a beat before asking: "Mind if I ask who you all are?"

They all look at each other like I'm crazy or something. After a while, the guys stand up. Good, I thought no one would answer and this would be awkward.

"My name is Joan Alistar, and this is my younger brother, Vaughn Alistar." The older brother said. "We are the team brawlers. In the sense that we fight with our fists and fist-based weapons."

"We're the youngest ones on the team." Vaughn said. "But I'm the youngest."

"How old are you? If you don't mind.. me... asking..." I say, the regret in my breath after that. Joan let out a chuckle.

"He's 14, and it's ok." He said, reassuringly. I wanted to go on a tangent on why I wanted to ask and why it was bad in hindsight, but not today. Soon, the other woman stood up with the brothers.

"I am Gilda Shane," she introduced herself "I'm the strategist of the guild. I also was the swordsman of the guild, but you're here now, so.."

"Sorry" I apologized.

"Why do you say sorry all the time?" Rel asked.

"I don't know. Sorry-" I say, before realizing the mistake in that. Whoops. Gilda and the brothers let out chuckles at my stupidity. It's stupidity, right? Rel rolls her eyes regardless.

"Whatever." She said, not caring at all. "And you know who I am, so don't ask me."

"I don't know who you are." Vaughn asks, with a smirk on his face. And with that, I like Vaughn. Rel gives him a dirty look as everyone else laughed.

"So Rhys," Gilda said after we all calmed down. "That's a nice sword you have."

"Thanks." I say, pulling it out for everyone to see. They look at it at awe, with Gilda curious.

"Hold on.." she said skeptically, "Is that a Throne Rapture blade?"

"Yep." I said proudly. Everyone else gasped in excitement. "My mother was a veteran of the Holy War, and with the Annihilation Of The Thrones, their blades became collectors items. Or weapons with those with the right training."

"Can you use it?" Gilda asked.

"Of course." I say, getting up. I show them a few spins and moves with the blade. They were all fairly impressed. I wish to impress them more in the near future.

After that, we all chat about ourselves until Azura walked in. We all turned towards her.

"Good evening, Hunters." Azura greeted us.

"Good evening, Master Rose." Everyone Else said, though my Rose was delayed some. I didn't know her last name was Rose. Can you blame me?

"So, I hope everyone here has become acquainted with our newest guild member here, Rhys Osborn." She said, pointing at me. And I wave at everyone, and I'm pretty sure embarrassment is on my face.

"And with that, Rhys, I hope you're ready, because we're going on a hunt together."


© 2018 TJ Worthen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

751 Views
Added on January 4, 2018
Last Updated on January 4, 2018
Tags: hell, demon, half devil, cambion, hunter


Author

TJ Worthen
TJ Worthen

Yuma, AZ



About
Just a young adult who wants to write his passion project and get feedback on. more..

Writing