Chapter 7: Family Visit

Chapter 7: Family Visit

A Chapter by TJ Worthen
"

One of Rhys's uncles arrives at the city, and the guild tell him about what they've done thus far.

"
Weeks have gone by since that incident, and neither Azura nor I have spoken of it, as we promised. Luckily, our relations have been on kind terms since. This is probably because I can't hold a grudge against someone and because I want to make sure He stays where He belongs, because He is still down there, and despite this, I am still paranoid of his return.

We are all walking on the street, just hanging out together. We had just left a pizza parlor they had introduced me to. And if I weren't a hunter, I'd probably be a food critic, so that way I could give that place a 10/10. I mean, that pizza was amazing, but I feel that it was because I never had a pizza before. Whatever, I'd still give that place a 10/10 regardless.

We were heading somewhere else when I heard someone call my name. I turned to look for who it was. Then I saw a man dressed in mage garbs. I easily recognized his dark blonde hair and his small beard underneath that smile. It was none other than my uncle Aaron. I run towards him and hug him, pleased yet surprised at his arrival.

"Hehe, hello Rhys." He said, chuckling and hugging me back.

"It's nice seeing you here." I say, still happy about his presence. "But, why are you here?"

"Kilian and I are moving here. To oversee you and to provide support for your guild." He explained as he waved to my guild. "Kilian is still back home, getting his things. He'll be here in less than a month."

"Oh. Ok." I say, kinda surprised at this. My uncles living here with us? As glad I am about this news, which causes me to smile, I feel something bad is coming. Could it be related to the visions I saw when I got here? I remind myself to ask him that as we all head out into town.

We finally head to the guild base at the end of the day. We show Aaron around, and he watches in pleasure. After the tour, we all sit and tell stories. I tell him about my initiation and the success it was. I do some mock demonstrations that spark some smiles from everyone. After that story, Rel speaks up.

"Do you know about his sword, Aaron?" She asks him. "The Thrones Rapture blade, was it?"

"Ah, yes I know of the blade." He said, looking at it. "I remember watching Kilian train Rhys with that blade. He was quite a fast learner."

"How did you acquire it?" Gilda asked, curious about the blade as well.

"Oh, I didn't get the blade." He said. "Kilian originally had it. He showed it to me when we met to raise Rhys. When he gets here, ask him."

"Wait," Rel interrupted. "You had to raise Rhys? Like when he was a baby?"

"Yes. And let me tell you, he was quite the handful." He said laughing. It soon went on a tangent of how it was like raising me. Everyone was laughing, including myself. It was fun reveling in that nostalgia. It was nice to feel a sense of happiness with him around. After the story was finished, I asked if we could talk in private. And as everyone else were still laughing, we walked to the side.

"What's wrong?" He asked me, concerned. I was silent for a moment, and then I told him.

"A few weeks ago, I felt Him. He.. poked his head out.  Luckily, no one was harmed. But I fear his presence looming soon." Aaron looked down, trying to take this in.

"This.. could be a problem." He said, looking out towards the window then back at me. "How did you regain control?"

"I fought for it, and I won, despite it being a challenge." I told him. He processed this information.

"He wasn't at full power then. We're lucky.." he said, still concerned about this. "You need to keep Him in check. Has there been any issues since then?"

"No." I say, nervous about this matter.

"Good." He said solemnly. "He may not be powerful next time, but it's still something we don't want to happen"

"I understand." I say, nodding with him. We both hug each other afterwards. But as we hug, I'm still thinking about Him and what he'll do the next time He arrives. And.. the vision! I forgot to tell him about my vision! But before I can talk to him about that, Azura comes our way.

"Are you two done yet?" She asked.

"Yes." Aaron said, and he looked at me for my response. I wanted to say no, but I instead hold back on my question and say yes as well.

"That's good. We have a mission for us, and I think you'll like it."


© 2018 TJ Worthen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on January 4, 2018
Last Updated on January 4, 2018
Tags: hell, demon, half devil, cambion, hunter


Author

TJ Worthen
TJ Worthen

Yuma, AZ



About
Just a young adult who wants to write his passion project and get feedback on. more..

Writing