Chapter Three: Jessie

Chapter Three: Jessie

A Chapter by Tanya

Chapter Three: Jessie


I jumped off the couch and grabbed the heaviest thing I could find. One of my mother’s favorite crystal vases sat on top of a side table. The flowers and water that filled the vase, was now scattered over the floor in front of me. I searched the room, there were three of them, two I recognized as the ones my mother let into the house. The one on the floor, wiping blood from his mouth and cursing swear words at me, I didn’t.


“Son of a �" you almost broke my tooth,” he shouted as he rose to his feet.


“Where is my mother? What did you do to her?” I snapped back, holding the vase in front of me, ready to swing it if I had to.


The blonde-haired male slowly moved forward, his hands extended outward covering his face, as if ready to block anything I threw in his direction. “Okay, there is no need to be afraid,” he told me.


“Don’t move any closer, I will scream,” I yelled at him, hoping someone would hear me and call the cops.


“What the hell is wrong with you?” The one I punched yelled back at me.


I laughed hysterically. “What the hell is wrong with me? What the hell is wrong with you? You’re the one sniffing girls necks.” I wiped a hand over my skin where his nose had been. “And by the way that was gross.” I took a few steps back. “Now this is the last time I’m going to say it. Where is my moth�"”


Three others sprinted into the room, my mother following behind them.


“Jessie, what are you doing?” My mother barked, as if I was the bad guy here.


A woman I didn’t recognize stormed over to the guy I punched, and slapped him off the head. “What did you do? Didn’t I tell you to be nice? And why are you bleeding?” She grabbed his face in her hand and studied his cut lip, as only a mother would.


“Mom, are you alright?” I asked my mother, taking a few steps in her directions.


“She punched me in the face.” I heard him say. The anger was clear in his voice.


My mother walked over to me and grabbed the vase out of my hands. She placed it on a nearby table. “Jessie, of course I’m alright.” She placed her hands on either side of my face and searched my eyes. “Is it true, did you hit the nice young man?” she asked, shaking her head in disapproval.


The pixie-like girl spoke before I could. “It was a pretty awesome hit. You should have seen the way Ethan �" I mean your highness toppled over.” She laughed for a moment before shutting her lips together.


“Oh Jessie, where are your manners? These people are guests in our home and you hit one of them.” My mother must have really lost it. How could these people be guests? I was the one who’d been violated. Who knows what he’d do to me if I hadn’t woke up when I did. I wanted to scream at her for taking his side. This wasn’t fair, I was getting blamed for defending myself.


“Oh believe me Linda when I say my son is part of the guilty party.” The woman was his mother. She couldn’t have looked older then twenty-eight. Yet she was dead right. It was his fault entirely.


The woman took a few steps closer to where I stood, disregarding the angry curses spilling out of her son’s mouth. “I’m Stella White,” she said.


“Your mother has called us because she believes you’re no longer safe here.” She rested against the back of the couch and folded her arms over her chest.


“I don’t understand why my mother would think such a thing,” I said frowning at my mom.


“She believes your life is in danger if you stay here.”


“From who the bogyman,” I laughed. I let my eyes search the room, studying everyone’s expression. I slowly glanced at her son who was still fuming. Murder flashed in his mystical blue eyes, his jaw clenched, his lips pulled back revealing two very sharp canines. On the other hand, maybe I was in danger, from Ethan.


Stella tilted her head to the side, her eyes were questioning. “No! not the bogyman, but vampires.” She smiled at the last word.


Silence filled the air. It was a little awkward I had to admit. A room full of vampires, one of whom looked ready to bite my neck right off my shoulders. I swallowed hard when my eyes met Ethan’s crazed stare.


The pixie like girl suddenly jumped in front of me. Her smile was intoxicating it made you want to smile back. “I’m Ciara, and that shaggy blond mess is Derek.” He lifted a hand to wave but quickly dropped it when Ethan growled and gave him a disapproving look. “And you’re Jessie?” she asked. Her smile turned into a frown when I didn’t reply right away.


The man whose name I hadn’t gotten, stepped forward. “Jessie, from what your mother has told us. It seems best if you come with us,” he said.


“What exactly has my mother told you? Because I doubt she’s a reliable source at the moment.”


“That your father was murdered by a vampire, when he refused to give you up,” he said.


Okay so we were back to the whole vampire thing. What kind of people had my mother gotten involved with? They were nuts, the whole lot of them.


I turned to face my mother. “I wasn’t aware that Dad was murdered by a vampire, mom.” They actually wanted me to believe this joke. “I was told he was attacked on his way home from work.”


“Sweetie, that’s what the police said. Your father was killed when he refused to give you up to a vampire,” my mother said.


“And what would a vampire want with me?” I asked.


“He wanted what belonged to him. You see when you’re father and I couldn’t have a child, your father met a man and made a deal with him.”


“Which was what exactly?”


“That I would conceive a child, but on your twenty-first birthday, we had to return you to the vampire that made you.”


“So what you’re telling me is that my ‘biological vampire father’ killed Dad?” I was going to be sick. “So where is this “so called vampire father” of mine?” I snapped.


“I don’t know,” she replied. Slowly, she turned away from me as if to hide the shame that appeared on her face. All my parent’s lies were slowly coming out, each new one worst then the pervious.


I chewed on my lower lip, trying to find reason within my mind. My mother thought I wasn’t safe at home, and my mind screamed that I wouldn’t be safe with a group of vampires, especially the one that still held a murderous look.


I turned to face the vampires. “And what makes you think I’ll be safe with you?” I spat.

The man smiled as if sure of his answer. “Because we are Guardians, it is our job to protect every vampire or dhampir that seeks our aid.”


“And yet he­�"” I pointed toward Ethan “�"looks ready to rip my head off.”


Everyone turned to stare at the vampire in question.


“Ah-ah, no way are you getting me in trouble.” Ethan’s eyes went wild. “I have every right to be pissed right now. You punched me in the face.”


“I caught you smelling my neck.”


He smirked mockingly. “Get over it, it’s not like I was biting you, sweetheart.”

“I’m not your sweetheart, don’t ever call me that,” I screeched. My hands clenched into fists at my side.


The smile was gone from his face, replaced by the same murderous stare. “Watch your tone when you speak to me,” he growled.


“And why should I?” I took a step towards him, vampire or not, I wouldn’t let him bully me into silence. “Who do you think you are?”


“I’m you’re superior. Your mother may be human, but your father isn’t.” He was in front of me now, I hadn’t even seen him move, and yet there he was, close enough to kiss. “Guess what that makes you, a dhampir, half vampire.” His stare was so cold, and angry. I felt the tears form at the corners of my eyes. “And that makes me your prince, future heir to the throne.” As if he couldn’t get any closer, he somehow managed to. He was close enough that his cold skin felt like a wet blanket over me on a winter day. I could feel his breath on my face, the smell of mint and autumn hitting me wild. “I warn you one last time, watch your tone when you speak to me, mutt.” He hissed, his mystical blue eyes changing into purple.


“Ethan, that’s enough.” His mother roared.


“You’re an a*s,” I whispered, as the first tear stained my cheek. Quickly, I turned on my heels and ran towards the stairs and up to my room.


© 2015 Tanya


Author's Note

Tanya
Please ignore any grammar.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved it, I can't wait for more... :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Build your author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

Stats

135 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 1, 2015
Last Updated on July 1, 2015
Tags: Vampire, love


Author

Tanya
Tanya

Montreal, Quebec, Canada



About
Writing has always been my greatest hobby. The stories in my mind, I love to put down on paper. Am I a author, I don't believe so! I'm more of a storyteller. My editing isn't the greatest. However, I .. more..

Writing
Acid tears Acid tears

A Poem by Tanya


Fake chick Fake chick

A Poem by Tanya


Something more Something more

A Poem by Tanya