Chapter four: Jessie

Chapter four: Jessie

A Chapter by Tanya

Chapter four: Jessie

By the time I reached my room and slammed the door, I was fuming. I held back my tears, there was no way I was going to cry, because some jerk down-stairs had bullied me and called me names.


I paced the room, letting my mind ponder. My mother was serious about letting me leave with these people, these vampires. If I wasn’t safe here, how could I be sure I’d be safe with them? Especially after the way Ethan treated me.


I stopped in front of the large bow window, and stared deep into the night sky. The moon was full. Its refection shimmered against the calm waves. The stars twinkled in the pitch-black sky. I would miss it here, the memories, and the calmness, the comfort that I got from this house and the ocean, this was my home, and no other place would compare. The tap at my door brought me back to reality.


I shouted, “I want to be alone, Mother!” I knew she’d try and make me see reason in her decision. But the truth was, right now I just wanted to be alone. I heard the door open.


I turned to see Ciara, the pixie like girl, skip into the room. A bright smile appeared on her face. “I figured since I’m not your mother, I could come in.”


I released a breath of air. I doubt she’d listen to me if I told her to leave. “Sure, do I have a choice?” I asked.


She shook her head, her smile never leaving her face. “Nope, not a chance.”


“So what is it that you want?” I spat. I didn’t have to be nice and I didn’t want to. I crossed my arms over my chest and gave her a stern look.


She giggled. “You know I can feel you’re emotions and although you’re mad at Ethan, you’re not really upset with me. So you don’t have to try so hard to look mad.” She twirled with a ring on her finger. “Besides, I’m not here to make you feel any smaller then what Ethan made you feel.” Her eyes met mine. They were bright, and sparkled.


“Then why are you here?” I asked, as I staggered over to the bed and collapsed onto it. Ciara leaped onto the corner of the mattress.


“I wanted to reassure you, that you’d be safe with us,” she said.


I forced my back up and rested on my arms. “You think after what

happened down-stairs I want to go with you guys. You must be mad!” I rolled my eyes at her.


Ciara gnawed on her bottom lip. “I know Ethan was pretty mean, but he’s not always like that. He’s under a lot of pressure with the whole blood-link and heir to the throne,” she lamented.


I shook my head in confusion. “Blood-link, what is that?” I asked.

The smile returned to her face. “A blood-link is a vampire’s mate. Our kind, I mean the Guardian’s have a strict rule about feeding off humans. Therefore, we mostly feed from a blood bottle. Sometimes the blood from the bottle isn’t enough to control the monster inside us. So that is when our Blood-link comes in, we feed off our mate, but only when we really need to.” Her smile was gone as if unsure about telling me one of the Guardian’s rules.


“Ethan is having a problem finding his, and because of that he’s losing control over the monster inside him. To be honest, it kind of turns him into Mr. Grumpypants.”  She played again with her ring.


“Why is he having such a hard time finding his mate?” I was curious I had to admit, there was something different and exciting about it all. “I mean he’s a pretty good looking guy and all. He should have tons of girls after him.” 


I realize then that despite Ethan’s rude behavior, he was stunning. His chocolate colored hair fell below his ears. He shared the same eye color as all the vampires below. He was a tall and built, with wide shoulder, and with his tight gray v-neck t-shirt, it was impossible not to notice, his firm chest, and fabulous abs. It must be a vampire thing. I would have to ask about it later. His lips were full, and kissable. I bit down on my bottom lip. Had I just thought about kissing him?


 I remembered the way his lean and ripped body pushed against mine. At that moment my core began to pinch and butterflies took flight in my stomach. Oh god! what is wrong with me? I’m supposed to be angry with him, not fantasying about him.


Thankfully, Ciara interrupted my thoughts. “Ethan does have a lot of girls after him. The only problem is that he is a royal vampire. His Blood-link needs to be a royal or at least have a title. Most of the ones his parent’s Cameron and Stella throw in his path, the monster disapproves.”


We both turned when we heard someone at the door. Ciara had never closed it behind her when she came in and now there stood, leaning his back against the frame, Ethan.


I turned to look away from him sure that he had seen the embarrassment on my face. “How long have you been standing there?” I asked.


“Long enough!”


I turned and met his eyes, they were calm and steady, not murderous like before. He pushed his body off the door frame and took a few steps into the room. “I came to apologize for the way I acted.” His jaw clenched as if it was hard for him to say sorry to someone beneath him. He swallowed hard. “I would greatly appreciate it if you could forgive my behavior.”


I laughed mockingly. “So just like that I’m to forgive your highness? Should I bow down and kiss your feet too, while I’m at it?” I declared.


He moved closer to the bed and snarled. “You have a lot of guts, and you really don’t know when to shut up, do you.”


“Are you trying to terrorize me again? Because it won’t work,” I snapped, ready to throw him another punch if he stepped any closer.


Suddenly, Stella was at the door, there was a sense of urgency in her voice as she spoke, “we have to leave now.” She looked over to my unpacked suitcase. “Good you’re already packed,” she said.


“I never unpacked,” I told her.


Ethan was at his mother’s side. “What is going on?” he asked.


“We got a call, there’s a large amount of Eretnik’s coming this way. Your father and I suspect they’re coming here.”


“You think they followed us?” he asked nervously.


“If they did, we don’t have enough aspen stakes to take them all out. We need to get Jessie and Linda out of here and soon.”


They all turned to stare at me. “Your mother is already packing, grab whatever else you need and make it fast,” Stella bellowed, as she dashed out of the room and down the stairs.


Ethan grabbed my suitcase and followed. “Ciara help her quickly. I’ll be in the car.” He was gone before I could even register what just happened.

I quickly circled the room. I grabbed a few books, and the picture frame from the bookshelf and threw them into a bag. Ciara was in my closet picking out out-fits and shoes she thought I would like to bring with me.


We were packed and out of the house in ten minutes flat. The minute I stepped out the front door, I was in awe at the three luxury Audi’s parked in front of me. A Sedan, a SUV, and one extremely expensive sport car. All three were black with tinted windows.


Ciara shoved my mother and me into the backseat of the large SUV. She jumped into the front passage side. Derek was already in the driver’s seat, ready to leave. I watched as Cameron and Rebecca leaped into the Sedan in front of us, and Ethan and his mother hopped into the tiny sports car.


“Where are we going?” I asked Ciara as the cars quickly drove out onto the open road.


She turned in her seat to face us. “We have a safe house for your mother to stay at. And you’ll be coming with us, back to White-gate Castle.” She smiled at the last word. “You’ll like it there, I promise.”


“S**t!” Derek hissed.


Ciara looked in front of her. “That can’t be good.” She frowned.


“What can’t be good?” I asked leaning forward to get a better look.


Eretniks, up ahead.” Derek slammed on his brakes when the Sedan in front rolled to a stop.


Cameron and Rebecca were out of the car before they even put it into park. Stakes ready in their hands. Ciara turned to me. “You stay in the car, do you understand.” She opened the glove compartment and pulled out six stakes. She handed three over to Derek as they hurried out of the car to meet with the others. Ethan and his mother were already sprinting, heading straight for the group of hungry looking vampires.



© 2015 Tanya


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on July 2, 2015
Last Updated on July 2, 2015


Author

Tanya
Tanya

Montreal, Quebec, Canada



About
Writing has always been my greatest hobby. The stories in my mind, I love to put down on paper. Am I a author, I don't believe so! I'm more of a storyteller. My editing isn't the greatest. However, I .. more..

Writing
Acid tears Acid tears

A Poem by Tanya


Fake chick Fake chick

A Poem by Tanya


Something more Something more

A Poem by Tanya