Chapter six: Jessie

Chapter six: Jessie

A Chapter by Tanya

Chapter six: Jessie



“Turn back! You have to turn back,” I shouted. “Ethan please, my mother is still back there!” I punched at his arm. Why wasn’t he stopping? Why wouldn’t he listen?


“Your mother is fine,” he hissed and growled, “Can you stop hitting me? If you haven’t noticed I’m driving at a dangerous speed.”


“Then slow down!” I barked.


I gripped the dashboard, and shut my eyes when the car swerved at a sharp

turn. I waited for the squeak of tires and the loud bang and crash of hitting the side rail and trees, but it never happened. Instead the car continued onwards at a high speed.


When I opened my eyes, his mystical blue eyes met mine.


“There is no time for slowing down. I don’t know for sure if there are other Eretniks following us.” His fingers clutched the steering wheel. The muscles in his jaw twitched with pain. “Besides, I’ve been driving since the first car was invented. I can assure you my record is clean of accidents.”


There was a hint of desperation in his voice, and I knew there was no convincing him to turn back or slow down. I had to make the best of it and pray that the others would keep my mother safe. I noticed the blood that oozed through his thorn grey v-neck t-shirt. My hand reached for his shoulder. “You’re hurt, you’re bleeding,” I whispered.


His eyes met mine, this time more intensely. He pushed my hand away. “Don’t touch! I’m fine!” He studied my frame. “Are you hurt?” he asked, concern flashing in his eyes.


I shook my head. “No, I’m okay.” I bit my bottom lip. “But my mother,” I whispered.


“My parents will get her to the safe house. Nothing will happen to her there.”


“I never got to say good-bye.” I held back a breath. I wasn’t going to allow myself to cry.


Ethan released the gas pedal, his expression eased. “You’ll see her again.”

He licked his lips, than exhaled. He studied my face. “You’re not going to start crying are you?” he asked.


I heard the disgust in his voice, as if a girl crying was torture for him. I turned to stare out the window. He was still staring at me. I saw his expression ease through the refection on the glass.


“Where are you taking me?”


He cleared his throat. “White-gate Castle, the others will join us there soon.”


The rest of the trip was silent, aside from the soft music that played on the radio. We drove for what felt like hours, over mountains and passed deep forests. I glanced over at the clock on the dashboard. We left the battle ground at eleven, it was almost three.


Ethan eased off the gas when a large white-gate came into view. Three muscular men stood in front of it. I should have been exhausted but the adrenaline still flowed through my veins.


Ethan snarled. “Can you relax? Your heart beat is driving me insane.”


I whirled my head around about to snap at him. When I noticed, his t-shirt covered in blood. His skin was a paler white then before, and his eyes a faded blue. Ethan’s fangs plopped against his lips.


“Sorry!” I murmured when the car came to a stop.


A tall well-built red-haired man stood in front of Ethan’s window.

“Welcome back, Prince Ethan.” He pressed a few buttons on a keypad and the gates slowly opened.


 “The rest should be following behind,” Ethan told the red haired man. “Oh and Richard, call Uncle Daniel and ask him to meet me at the main house with the emergence medical kit.”


“Of course, right away, your highness.”  The man nodded and then spoke into a walkie-talkie in his hand.


Ethan put the car into drive and slowly drove through the gates and down a narrow dirt road. We passed more trees and weeds, until the road opened ten minutes later to clear grounds.


As the trees quickly faded behind us, a large lake came into view and behind it stood an enormous white-stoned castle. I gawked at the beauty of it. The detail that was carved into the stone frame of the elegant structure that faced me was like something out of a medieval era. A fork in road led in two directions. The road on the right would have led us towards the castle and the other on to paved road. I would have imagined from what Ciara had told me that we would have drove straight to the entrance of the castle, however, Ethan took the turn towards the left onto a paved road that continued upwards.


Hundreds of trees covered the left side of the road, and the lake continued to follow beside us until it disappeared with the castle and more trees came into view. I wasn’t sure if the panic that began to set in was because I was in a strange place, alone, with a man, who not more than five hours ago, wanted to kill me, or if the events of the past few hours were slowly beginning to claim every nerve in my body.


The feeling slowly vanished when a glow of lights came through the trees and again we drove straight into another massive clearing, however, this time large patches of gardens and paths filled the clearing, followed by what looked like a small rich community of houses, and in the center and grand three story house. 


 Ethan turned the corner which circled an oversized fountain. As we approached the house a group of young boys, no older then sixteen descended the stairs and waited for the car to come to a stop. He put the car in park next to a shaved headed boy, who wore a tight fitted black suit. I watched as he opened Ethan door and greeted him in a manner that would imply that he was nothing more than just a servant.


 “Your Highness,” he said with a bow.


Ethan handed the young man the keys. “Beautiful night, is it not Joe?”


“Yes, your Highness, most beautiful. You can see the stars miles away.”


Ethan gave Joe a heartfelt laugh as he handed over the keys. “There is a suitcase in the trunk. Make sure it gets to Ms. Sinclair’s room,” he ordered.


Joe’s head nodded up and down, the movement reminded me of a bubblehead mounted on top of a dashboard. With a wide grin he took the keys out of Ethan’s hand.


Silent, I sat in my sat taking in what I could only describe as the most beautiful place I’ve even seen. Until my door swung up and Ethan’s voice rushed me back to reality.


“Are you planning on sitting in there all night? Or are you planning on becoming one of the help.” Ethan growled in a low tone.


I knew it wasn’t a question. In the whole time I’d know this man, he hadn’t directed any nice comments my way. It was as if my presence was too much for him to endure.


I raised my head, “Not at all! Now if you can kindly move out of my way.” I stepped out of car hoping that the longs hours of sitting in a car hadn’t cramped my legs and that I wouldn’t lose my balance. That was the last thing I needed, his royal jack-a*s saving my butt for a second time in one night.


The scent of a million different flowers hit my senses all at once. I had recognized the smell of the Azalea’s and Gardenias, mainly because my mother had planted them in our garden back home. However many of the sweet, musky ones that waved through the cool night’s air made me feel as if I’d just stepped into some wild exotic place.


“You can thank my sister, Lindsey, later on, for all the wonderful flowers, now if you can please follow me.” Ethan mocked as he bumped me forward, as if my admiring the flowers was such a problem. I was now convinced, despite what, Ciara said, Ethan was and probable would always be a jerk.



© 2015 Tanya


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Bec
I'm loving it so far keep it up! Ethan sounds dreamy!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Tanya

8 Years Ago

Thank you Bec, for the review. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

459 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 2, 2015
Last Updated on July 2, 2015


Author

Tanya
Tanya

Montreal, Quebec, Canada



About
Writing has always been my greatest hobby. The stories in my mind, I love to put down on paper. Am I a author, I don't believe so! I'm more of a storyteller. My editing isn't the greatest. However, I .. more..

Writing
Acid tears Acid tears

A Poem by Tanya


Fake chick Fake chick

A Poem by Tanya


Something more Something more

A Poem by Tanya





Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5