Chapter five: Ethan

Chapter five: Ethan

A Chapter by Tanya

Chapter five: Ethan


I skidded across the ground, when one of the Eretniks leaped towards me. My mother staked him in the back straight through the heart. His body burst into a mass of dust. I jumped to my heels when three others swaggered my way. One of them sniffed the air then snarled.


“There are humans around.” A threatening smile emerged as he licked his lips, when his eyes darted towards the cars behind me.


He leaped over my head, trying to reach the car that Jessie and Linda were in. I wasn’t about to let that happen. I crouched down and when he was above my head, I lunged upward and wrapped my arms around his waist. His body collided with mine to the ground. His heavy frame pinned me to the dirt road.


That wasn’t what I had planned.


“Stupid boy,” he hissed, closing his mouth over my shoulder blade. “I’m really going to enjoy this.” His fangs poked and ripped away at my flesh. A burning sensation poured over the bite as my blood flowed out. I scream out in pain. Panic was claiming every inch of me.

"Delicious! I've never had a royal before," he howled, licking my blood from his lips.


If I didn't do something and quick, I was sure to be a very agreeable dish for him. I wasn't going to let him win, not this time. I jabbed my knee in the crotch, when his head roared upwards, I clocked him in the nose.

The Eretnik rolled off my body. I reached for the stake at my belt and plunged it through his chest. He yelped in pain. I stood up and kicked the stake deeper until it hit his heart. His snickered, clawing at the piece of aspen wood before his body ruptured into a heap of dust.


"I won't be no ugly a*s beasts meal, not this time, and not ever," I spat on the heap of ash that scattered the ground.


I surveyed the area around me. My parents and Rebecca were taking out four Eretniks. Ciara was tearing off the head of one, and Derek had just staked one of two that surrounded him.


Something was wrong. There were six of us and ten of them. I counted nine, there was missing one. I turned towards the cars, when I heard Jessie’s scream. The passenger side door was open and number ten was dragging Jessie towards the woods.


“Jessie!” I roared, as I raced across the road towards the woods. I smashed my whole body weight against the vampire’s side, taking the three of us down. I shoved Jessie out of the way. The Eretnik growled, snapping her fangs at me. I wrapped my hands around the vampire’s neck and twisted until I heard her scream and then a pop.


I rose to my feet, pulling Jessie off the ground and into my arms. I lifted her off her feet, cradling her in my arms and rushed towards the sports car. I threw her into the passenger side seat and slammed the door shut.


She was safe for now, but for how long, I wasn’t sure. Whoever sent these vampires here was smart and probable sent a shitload more. I scanned the area, watching the rest fight off the remaining Eretniks. I was about ready to jump back into the fight until my mother yelled.

 

“Ethan, get her out of here, now.” She thrust a stake into the vampire’s chest at her side. I did as she said and jumped into the driver’s seat. The engine roared when I turned the key. I hit the gas pedal and skidded down the road, away from the fight and the remaining Eretniks.



© 2015 Tanya


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
Added on July 2, 2015
Last Updated on July 2, 2015


Author

Tanya
Tanya

Montreal, Quebec, Canada



About
Writing has always been my greatest hobby. The stories in my mind, I love to put down on paper. Am I a author, I don't believe so! I'm more of a storyteller. My editing isn't the greatest. However, I .. more..

Writing
Acid tears Acid tears

A Poem by Tanya


Fake chick Fake chick

A Poem by Tanya


Something more Something more

A Poem by Tanya