Journal Entry #9: An eye for an eye

Journal Entry #9: An eye for an eye

A Story by Terohime

"An eye for an eye only ends up"
           Good morning, good evening, or afternoon, I am Resnera as you all may know by now. I have came across a lot of people around where i live, who thinks that revenge is the way to go by things. Well, it is an option, but not a good one at that. If you have not noticed by now as to the quote i used in today's Journal, please take time to read it. I have always been inspired by Mahatma Gandhi, a person who went about solving issues in a peaceful way. His quote i can truly live by, and i think others should live by it also.

            Revenge may seem as a good thing at the time, but trust me, i have shared my deeds in that section also. I am sure everyone had tried to get revenge at some point in there life. At first it feels good, then awesome, then , well in my case, it felt awful. I am not going in to depth as to what i did because it is in the past, and i already made up for my actions. If you go about your life attacking those who done you wrong, you will never live.

            You will be stuck in a never ending cat and mouse chase, your revenge will turn in to some one getting revenge on you, and so on.  So, why would you want to spend your life hating all the time? To waste moments of your life where you could be doing other things, such as, going on a vacation with family, and enjoying it. Or, having a good time with friends at the mall. Even if you did this while trying to get revenge on some one, that is all you will be thinking about.

           And you will not be able to have a good time with your mind dwelling upon that. I know it will be hard, but it is possible, just let go of the situation, forget about it. Or you can try to confront the person and tell them that you forgive them for what they did. Then you will be able to live your life. Trust me once you get that negative life draining creature of your chest you will feel a lot better.

          Even though you might not see it as a bad thing, that is fine. Everyone sees things in a different point of view, just let me address something first, going about things with Revenge in mind most likely won't turn out positive. So keep calm, and take a deep breath, and the next time someone has done something to hurt you, say to your self, will Revenge make this situation better? Then act upon that.
"making the whole world blind."
~Mahatma Gandhi

© 2013 Terohime


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

A wonderful way to rationalise behaviour before entering in to a conflict, the soothing of emotions

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I agree 100%!! Great job!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree wholeheartedly - vengeance is a terrible way to live your live. I like the reference to the "never-ending cat and mouse chase", and the fact that you cannot be happy dwelling on harming another.

Posted 11 Years Ago


A great write. And I do think Mahatma's way is what the world should follow :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Terohime

11 Years Ago

^^ thanks.
~Res
a nice work res............

Posted 11 Years Ago


Terohime

11 Years Ago

Thanks
NITHIN PURPLE

11 Years Ago

wwelcome fr res
I agree with the whole of your statements, certain parts of me pull to more philosophical contexts but you capture the right idea.
Chris

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nice concepts on an interesting topic. I can't say which side I agree with more, I'm split down the middle, but that's just me. You presented your point eloquently, without pushing your views onto others (something that happens all the time nowadays) and it's a very convincing piece. Keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Terohime

11 Years Ago

Thanks
~Res
" If you go about your life attacking those who done you wrong, you will never live. "
A very true line in all aspects...
And, a nice write =)



Posted 11 Years Ago


Terohime

11 Years Ago

Thanks ^^
~Res
Revenge could be considered a sweet sin. In my opinion lots are people are drawn to it by instinct. I've certainly had my fair share of revenge accounts and well, it didn't turn out too well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I agree, revenge is not a very good way to go. Great job writing this =)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Terohime

11 Years Ago

Thanks ^^
~Res
Silhouette

11 Years Ago

You're welcome =)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!

Stats

636 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 24, 2013
Last Updated on April 24, 2013

Author

Terohime
Terohime

south central, KY



About
I am a mother of two wonderful girls. Living an average life with a few twists and turns here. Taking time and writing is what i enjoy the most. Often it is my best way of expression. To sit back, rea.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Terohime



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hero Hero

A Poem by Terohime