Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Daniel Hebert

September 24th , 2013:

I am, sadly, back to work. My storm of psychological trouble is being viewed as nothing but a mere hindrance by my superiors. I am back to work. My current assignment is, regretfully, in an insane asylum in Baltimore. I feel that this could be extremely detrimental to my psyche. I am becoming too close to the killers. When I had to sentence Nick to his death… that hurt me on a deep emotional level. My greatest fear is that if I come to close to these depraved people, and if they are continuously ripped away from me, I may become one of them. Regardless, I shouldn’t be discussing this. I must prepare to depart.



© 2013 Daniel Hebert


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another fascinating entry by you. Because of the dates at the beginning of each chapter I assume you are doing all journal entries? This one is by far the most erratic. You say twice in the first three sentences that you're back to work. But that is a good frame a referernce for how fractured your characters mind is becoming....

Once again watch the use of to and too in "if I come to close to these depraved people"

I'd almost be curious why it's his greatest fear...if you don't answer it here, maybe in another entry?

Otherwise I still really like the direction you are taking this. It will be interesting to see once all these entries are completed and you have an entire picture.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 16, 2013
Last Updated on May 16, 2013


Author

Daniel Hebert
Daniel Hebert

Akron, OH



About
I enjoy dipping into the minds of the sick and demented, living in their worlds and visions. As H.P. Lovecraft said, "Fear is humanity's most ancient and powerful emotion". more..

Writing
Exposition Exposition

A Chapter by Daniel Hebert