Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by Daniel Hebert

September 31st, 2013:

I have been researching this kind of killer. I have been going through my past notes and looking through psychiatric profiles of other killers, especially those inspired by literature. This killer is not exactly sadistic. They don’t gain any sexual or other kind of gratification through inflicting pain. They enjoy reenacting and realizing what Poe could only dream of and imagine. Throughout, I can only find one person to relate them to. Ted Kazinski, the Unabomber. Both of them were inspired by romantic literature, and carried it to the utmost extreme of its meaning. In Kazinski’s case, this meant sending bombs to people who are responsible for getting society out of touch with nature, and warping the principles of Thoreau and Emerson onto a much darker plane. In this killer’s case, it means to recreate what Poe could only write about.

On this subject, I was so wrapped up yesterday in talking about the psyche of The Raven that I did not focus as much as I should have on the forensic evidence. There was a baby monitor, hidden in the casket. The receiver was found just inside the house, on a table with a chair next to it. He listened to Anton as he died. He wanted to witness, as much as he could, the death of his victim. I need to see more crime scenes. I am going to try to decipher this killer, god forbid that meaning that I must get too close.



© 2013 Daniel Hebert


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very intriguing. As this is unfolding before me I feel like I'm catching snippets of a movie.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 30, 2013
Last Updated on May 30, 2013
Tags: horror, raven, dark, twisted


Author

Daniel Hebert
Daniel Hebert

Akron, OH



About
I enjoy dipping into the minds of the sick and demented, living in their worlds and visions. As H.P. Lovecraft said, "Fear is humanity's most ancient and powerful emotion". more..

Writing
Exposition Exposition

A Chapter by Daniel Hebert