Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Brooke
"

The first chapter!!

"

                                           Chapter One

 

   My eyes snapped open, awakening me from my dream. I thought I had seen the last of the dreams about my Renegade days a long time ago. Apparently not.

   I rolled myself out of bed, and got dressed in a flash. Hopefully the Supernatural Society Control, also known as S.S.C, wouldn’t be calling on me again. S.S.C is almost like a pest control for the Supernatural world. And, I’m the most famous of the highest ranked royalty (Well, I called it ‘royalty’) in the Supernatural Society. Just because I’m a hybrid.

   My life has never really given me what I wanted; well, at least not since Jess, Allie and I were caught. Jess and Allie were taken off to some prison on a deserted island, while I was taken to an organization almost like an asylum, because I was different. All I ever wanted was to be normal.

   And, one of my ideas of normal would be to be able to go through one school year without getting expelled for being called by the S.S.C.

   Well, the schools didn’t know that was why I always ditched. I’ve had to come up with so many lies about why I ditch, that I’ve forgotten most of them throughout the years.

   I also had to lie to Chessie; my aunt whom I lived with. She knew nothing of my being part of S.S.C; in fact, she didn’t even know the supernatural existed. This made it very hard for me to live with her.

   It seems as if my parents would be the only ones that could understand. But, they were gone. Executed after S.S.C found out about me. Falling in love with another species was forbidden in the world of the Supernatural; and my mother was a werewolf, and my father just happened to be a vampire.

   So here I was, a sixteen year old half-breed trying to live a normal life. Being normal doesn’t exactly work out when you have the guilt of your parents’ deaths on your shoulders. Or the guilt of having your friends sent off to some deserted island. Or whatever other crap I’ve caused that is helping tear my life into pieces.

   “Harley! You goin’ to school, or what?” Chessie called from downstairs. I rolled my eyes, and grabbed my bag that was already packed. I flew down the stairs, stopping to look at Chessie for a moment. She was already dressed for work; a result of getting up at five in the morning to do her hair and makeup. For a job at a department store.

   “I’ll see you later.” I said, and then headed out the door.  

   The school wasn’t too far from my home; less than a mile. Chessie and I lived in South Carolina, in a town called Arcadia Lakes. It’s quite a small town; but, that doesn’t bother me. Less chance of getting discovered for what I am, I guess.

   I walked into the crowded hallway, making my way through chattering people, and stopping at my locker. I just had to have the last name of Loup; so that meant that I had the most popular, annoying girls on either side of me.

   “Hey, I didn’t see your Harley out there today, Harley.” Lydia sneered. Lydia was the most popular one of the two; and that was one of her daily puns on my name. I’d learned not to let her bother me; because I knew perfectly well that one of these days I would snap, and explode into a wolf. That wouldn’t help my already terrible reputation much.

   “Oh, did your little aunty take it away from you? For being expelled so many times?” Stacia said. My eyes widened, but I kept my head turned to my locker, to prevent them from seeing my shocked expression. How did she know about my being expelled?

   I grabbed a few binders and notebooks, and slammed my locker, walking down the hallway in the opposite direction. I went straight to homeroom; it’s not like I had any friends. All of the people here either shied away from me or were just jerks. I was the loner of the school. Not the best reputation to have.

   “Oh, hello, Harley.” Ms. Wood greeted me. Ms. Wood was my homeroom and History teacher. One of the youngest teachers in the school, I believe. At least she was nice to me. Even some of my teachers refused to call on me or even talk to me in class.

   “Hey.” I replied, taking my seat in the back of the room. I pulled out my book, opening up to the page I had left off on last night.

   I had only read a few pages, when something in my pocket buzzed. I knew who it was without having to look down at the small cell phone that was buried in my jean pocket.

   “Um, I’ll be right back.” I said to Ms. Wood, then stealing out the door. I walked to the other end of the hallway; into the girls’ bathroom that nobody ever used, and flipped open the cell phone. I looked at the Caller ID quickly, before pressing the ‘Talk’ button.

   “What is it now, Parker?” I said, irritably. Parker was one of the younger werewolves, a trainee in S.S.C. He was assigned to be my so-called ‘personal assistant’, but, all he was, was a pest. Most of the time, at least.

   “Apparently a young vampire broke into a faerie hideout. We kinda need you over here, to sort it out.” Parker explained, in a cool voice. I could almost picture him examining his smooth, light brown hair in the mirror as he spoke.

   “Well, I can’t right now! Keep in mind that I’m only sixteen, and I have to go to school. And, I really don’t want to get expelled from this school, too.” I hissed back.

   “I know, Harley. But, Clarissa is gone right now, and, there’s no one else to call.” He told me. I sighed, and rolled my eyes.

   “Then, why don’t you take care of it?” I asked him.

   “I’m only a trainee, Harley. I’m not authorized to go on missions like this.”

   “Hmm, well, isn’t part of being a trainee to go on missions, to learn what to do? And, seriously. Come on, Parker. It’s a young vampire. You’ve seen worse than that.” I replied, harshly.

   “But –”

   “But nothing. Now, I’ve got to go back to class. Talk to you later, Parker.” I said, cutting him off, and hanging up the phone. There were those times when I liked Parker; and then there were times where I just wanted him to buzz off. I’m sure he could handle a young vampire; it was nothing. He’s such a baby sometimes. I thought, sighing in exasperation. I stuffed the phone back in my pocket, and headed back to homeroom.

 



© 2009 Brooke


Author's Note

Brooke
... The usual. I'd obviously like some constructive critisism, but, please, nothing mean or rude...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i wasnt even thinking of sayin something mean or rude....hat was awsome ... i love it:))

Posted 14 Years Ago


oh, i totally love this. werewolf vampire hybrid very intriguing :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Imagery would be nice. Also you're splitting your sentences up too much, putting periods where they shouldn't be. If you'd like I could edit your story and send it to you. I wouldn't change anything.

-Mary

Posted 14 Years Ago


Well i really cant criticize on anything however i would add a little more imagery to the next chapters, overall it was good

Posted 14 Years Ago


Why is my font so big...? Weird... The font of Microsoft Word is MUCH smaller.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 6, 2009
Last Updated on August 7, 2009


Author

Brooke
Brooke

NY



About
'Sup. Okay, well, I guess y'all can't really answer that. Haha. But, anywayyysss... I'm Brooke. WOO HOO -- Wait, is that a good thing? Well, if you know me, HECK YEAH it is! So. Lets cut to the ch.. more..

Writing