Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Brooke
"

Ze second chapter of Bloodline. I hope you all enjoy it; and, please review!

"

 

                 Chapter Two
 
   The rest of the school day went somewhat well; I wasn’t called on by the S.S.C. Not once. As good as that fact was, it was a little weird. It was quite unusual, which was worrying.
   But, I decided not to focus on that, and just think about the good things.
   I walked into my small home, dropping my bag on the floor.
   “Hey, Chessie!” I called, taking notice that she was home. I walked into the living room, where Chessie was sitting on the couch, flipping channels.
   “Hi. You’re in an unusually good mood today.” She greeted me, as I sat down on the chair on the opposite side of the room. I nodded.
   “Yeah, school went well.” I replied, digging through my bad, looking for the note that everyone had gotten last period; about some field trip to Washington D.C for the ninth grade. I handed the bright blue piece of paper to her.
   “My grade is going to D.C for a field trip. I was wondering if I could go.” I asked, waiting for a response from Chessie. She finished reading the paper.
   “We’ll see. It’s quite expensive; but, I might be able to scrape up the money.” She said. My face fell a bit.
   “If it’s too expensive, I don’t have to go. I just thought it would a good experience.”
   “No, don’t worry about it, Harley. I’ll see what I can do. It’s not for another,” Chessie paused, looking at the paper again, “two months anyways.”
   I smiled a little, hanging my bag over the nearest kitchen chair. My cell phone rang again as I was walking over to sit down. I took it out of my pocket, and flipped it open.
   “Um, I’ll be right back.” I mumbled to Chessie, flying up the stairs.
   I shut my bedroom door tightly before opening the phone. I had to make sure that Chessie wouldn’t hear me. I pressed the talk button, and listened to the voice that I knew as the president of S.S.C. Clarissa.
   “Harley, we need you down here. Now.” Clarissa said urgently. I paused before answering.
   “Why?” I questioned, sitting on the edge of my bed.
   “Remember that young vampire that broke into a faerie hideout earlier today?”
   “Yes.”
    “Well, someone told me that you sent Parker to take care of it. How many times have I told you not to send him on missions like that?” Clarissa scolded me.
   “I know, Clare. But, I was in school, and I couldn’t leave. I can’t risk being expelled again.” I replied.
   “Yeah, well, you’re gonna have to leave if this happens again. Parker got hurt. Apparently a few more, older vampires came in as backup for the younger one. He phased too quickly, and got stuck between wolf and human form. The vampires figured that he was vulnerable; so they attacked him.” Clarissa informed me. I was speechless for a moment. Parker got attacked. By vampires. Older vampires. Just because I didn’t want to ditch school again.
   “Okay, I’m coming. Is he in the main infirmary?” I asked.
   “You got it.”
   “Thanks, Clare. I’ll be right there.” I snapped the phone shut, and stuffed in the drawer in my nightstand; the usual hiding spot for my S.S.C gadgets. I opened the window, and stepped out onto the small roof area. I silently closed the window behind me, and leaped off the roof. I exploded into my wolf form before I hit the ground, and took of to the South, the direction of the nearest entrance to the S.S.C headquarters. I had to get there as soon as possible; before Parker got any worse than he already was. It wasn’t the actual attack I was worried about. It was the fact that the vampires that attacked him weren’t your average vampire. I could tell by the tone of Clarissa’s voice that they were worse. The leaders of the most murderous vampire coven in the Supernatural world. Almost like my little Renegade used to be; but this one wasn’t in it just for fun. They were in it to kill. And, they had one intention of going after the S.S.C. Me.
 
   I reached the HQ entrance, and phased back to human form. The gates wouldn’t open without identification, so I pressed my hand to the sensor. It beeped once, and the large, metal gates creaked open, and I stepped through.
  I navigated my way through the large, white lobby, to the infirmary. I ran into a few others along the way, but just ignored them. They could clearly tell that I wasn’t here for the same reason as I usually was.
   “Parker? Clarissa? Anyone in here?” I called, walking into the large, airy room of the infirmary. I’d never really liked this place much; the sight and just the scent of the hospital beds and the sterile air made me want to get sick. A nurse came walking out of one of the smaller rooms.
   “Oh, hello, Harley. I assume you’re here to see Parker?” She asked politely. I nodded. The nurse led me through a long hallway, into Parker’s room at the very end of it.
   “Thanks, Liz.” I mumbled to her, as she was leaving. I turned to face the two people in the room.
   “Hey.” I greeted Parker and Clarissa, walking to sit on one of the plastic chairs by the bed. Clarissa glared at me for a second. I understood perfectly well why she was angry. Parker wasn’t just a trainee here in S.S.C; he was Clarissa’s little brother.
   “Harley.” She greeted me gruffly.
   “Oh, hi. Yeah, um. You know the story, right?” Parker asked me. I nodded.
   “Yes, I do. I’m so sorry, Parker; I shouldn’t have told you to take care of it like that. I was being completely selfish; and you got hurt just because I didn’t want to leave school. This shouldn’t have happened, it’s all my –”
   “Okay, okay. Calm down, girl. It’s fine; I know the deal with the whole being-expelled-from-every-school-you’ve-ever-gone-to. It’s not that bad, don’t worry about it. I’ll be up and running again in a few days.” Parker said, cutting me off. I stared at him for a long moment.
   “Really, though. I’m terribly sorry this happened to you. It should’ve been me.” I said, quietly. I barely noticed Clarissa watching us, and listening to everything we said.
   “Well, Harley, just make sure that it doesn’t happen again. If we need you to ditch school to help us, get the hell over here.” She scolded me, sternly. I nodded, itching my neck.
   “Are you sure you’ll be fine?” I asked Parker, again. He nodded eagerly.
   “Yeah. The nurse said that it’s only some minor scratches, and my wrist might be sprained. But she doesn’t think so.”
   “Well, that’s good.” I replied. The three of us sat in silence for a few minutes.
   “So, you guys know who those specific vampires were, correct?” Clarissa inquired, after the awkward silence was over. Both Parker and I nodded.
   “Well, I think we’re going to have to go after them. We can’t have them ravaging any other faerie hideouts – or, ravaging anything, for that matter.” She informed us, flipping her light, almost caramel-colored brown hair to the side.
   “I think I know a way to find their lair. Or, at least where the coven is staying for the time being.” I said, my gaze flickering between the two. For the first time, I noticed how much alike Parker and Clarissa look.
   “How do you expect to do that?” Parker inquired. I took a deep breath, and looked at him for a second.
   “Well, I know how horrifically basic this is, but, we could always follow the scent trail. From that faerie hideout. I bet that would lead us to the lair; or at least give us a lead to where it might be.”
   Both of them were quiet for a little bit.
   “Yeah, you’re right about the basic part. But, I think that may be the only way. It’s not like they gave us a detailed map or something.” Clarissa agreed.
   “When are you guys gonna go/” Parker asked. Clarissa and I exchanged a glance.
   “We should probably go fairly soon. Before the scent trail fades. Like, soon as in tonight.” I announced. Clarissa looked at me, and then back down at Parker.
   “Yeah; we should. Will you be okay without us, little bro?” She asked, ruffling Parker’s hair a bit. He nodded.
   “Yeah; I’ll be fine. You guys do what you have to.”
   I smiled warmly at Parker, and then got up off the chair. Clarissa did the same, and we walked over to the door.
   “See ya later, Parker!” We said in synchronization, and then walked out the door, shutting it tightly behind us.


© 2009 Brooke


Author's Note

Brooke
Eh, the usual. Please ignore any typos I may have, and, please nothing rude or mean... Y'all know the drill.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nice awsome i love the characters. will she ever meet up with her old friends?

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

185 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 10, 2009


Author

Brooke
Brooke

NY



About
'Sup. Okay, well, I guess y'all can't really answer that. Haha. But, anywayyysss... I'm Brooke. WOO HOO -- Wait, is that a good thing? Well, if you know me, HECK YEAH it is! So. Lets cut to the ch.. more..

Writing