Chapter Three

Chapter Three

A Chapter by Brooke
"

the third chapter to Bloodline. Yeah, sorry, its kinda short. but, I wanted to end it on a little bit of a cliffhanger.

"

 

                 Chapter Three
                                    
   “Okay. First of all; where is this hideout?” I asked, as Clarissa and I were walking out the door.
   “It’s to the west. I dunno what town, though.” She replied. I considered that for a moment.
   “Um, well, we’re going to the north, Clare.” I told her, with a chuckle. And I thought she was the president of S.S.C?
   “Oh,” Clarissa muttered, turning around, “Should we go all-wolf, or just like this?
   “I think it would be faster all-wolf.”
   Clarissa nodded, and exploded into her wolf form. I did the same, falling into step next the rather large, grey wolf. You would’ve never guessed that we were in this together; considering that my coat was pitch black with a hint of red, and she was a light, smoky grey. Most of the time, werewolves that were in the same ‘league’, as we liked to call it, were at least somewhat close to the same color. Nope; not with us.
   Do you know how far it is from here? Clarissa thought to me.
   Hmm, maybe about one to infinite miles? Gee, Clare, I dunno! Wasn’t I the one asking you where it was?! I thought, sarcastically.
   Well, you should know! You’ve got at least some of the vampire instinct, shouldn’t you be at least some good at tracking? She replied. I paused for a moment. I did have some tracking skills; but, of course not like a normal vampire did.
   No, not really. I’ve never really needed to track. But, I think there may be some faeries that live somewhere in this forest. We can ask them. I thought. Clarissa didn’t reply, and then sat down and howled. Her howl echoed through the air, and a rather petite faerie came bustling out of one of the bushes.
   “Oh, hey, Clarissa. Harley.” She greeted us. I tried to remember the name of this faerie; I’m pretty sure that it’s Alyssa. The both of us phased back to human form, so we could communicate easier. What I found really strange about being a werewolf was that our clothing just popped in and out of existence as we phased back and forth. I’ve never understood why, though.
   “So, what do y’all need?” Alyssa questioned. Clarissa didn’t seem to want to answer, so she glanced at me. She was never fond of asking for help.
   “We need to find that faerie hideout, you know, the one that the vampires broke into.” I told the faerie. She nodded quickly.
   “Oh. Yeah. I know where that is. Follow me.” Alyssa replied, fluttering her tiny wings, and lifting into the air. I phased back into a wolf; knowing how fast faeries flew through the air. Especially Alyssa; she’s one of the fastest.
   After quite a long, exhilarating run, Clarissa, Alyssa and I had reached the hideout. I stopped in my tracks when I saw only the outside of it.
   The roof and walls had all caved in, and there were still remnants of a fire that had burnt the place down. The building that had once when a bright, sky blue was now a dark, deathly black. I phased back to human, and walked closer. I could hear Clarissa calling for me to come back, and not to dare to go in there, but I ignored her. I lightly pushed open the door, and it creaked and fell off the hinges. It hit the ground with a clash, and I stepped around it.
   The inside of the hideout was far worse than the outside looked. No; it wasn’t the even darker walls and splintered wood from the tables and chairs; it was the countless dead bodies of faeries scattered around the floor. The normally brighter red blood of the faeries was now a dark maroon, since it had been exposed to the open air for too long. I stepped carefully around each of the bodies, looking for some evidence of how the vampires may have killed them. I didn’t find anything that was significantly important. I put my hand on the main bar, and leaning against it lightly, so it would break. I slowly turned around when I felt something warm and wet on my right hand. I dropped my gaze, to see that it was piece of paper – soaked with faerie blood. I picked up the smudged piece of paper, ignoring the blood. It read:
 
   Harley,
   Yeah, it’s pretty obvious that you would be the one reading this. I take it you’ve noticed our work in the hideout. We’ve disposed of any leads you may find; so don’t get your hopes up. Leave the bodies; I don’t want any of you goody-goodies observing them. It won’t get you anywhere. Lastly, don’t even think to come after us. It won’t end well, for you, at least.
 
   The note wasn’t signed. But, I knew who wrote it, anyways. I tried to unclench my fist, to drop the paper, but I didn’t have any control of my muscles. ‘It won’t end well, for you, at least.’ I repeated in my head. It didn’t matter what happened to me. I had to go after them. To make sure that this never happened again. I let my gaze wander around the dilapidated hideout again, my eyes resting on each of the dead faeries. My gaze lingered on one at the very back of the bar; by the blackest of the burns. I instantly recognized the unmoving form, and a bloodcurdling scream tore through the air.


© 2009 Brooke


Author's Note

Brooke
Eh, the usual. Ignore typos, and reviews would be great, an, nuttin' mean or rude. Y'all know the drill. =)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

exciting! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 11, 2009


Author

Brooke
Brooke

NY



About
'Sup. Okay, well, I guess y'all can't really answer that. Haha. But, anywayyysss... I'm Brooke. WOO HOO -- Wait, is that a good thing? Well, if you know me, HECK YEAH it is! So. Lets cut to the ch.. more..

Writing