Chapter Five

Chapter Five

A Chapter by Crifa
"

Crifa's Chapter

"

                “Get up you filthy maggots!”

                I awoke to the sound of a helicopter right outside of the building Jarred and I were in.  My vision was blurred but I could just make out a shadowy figure shaking me awake.

                “Get up Skyler!” said Jarred, “If you don’t hurry the frick up they are gonna be pissed!  It’s our first mission you wanna mess this up?”  He then proceeded to shove me of the bunk.  Ouch.  Jarred always did never need sleep.  Me on the other hand I’m the complete opposite.

                I quickly dressed like a rushed fireman taking only about 15 seconds to change.  We rushed outside feeling a bit like we were forgetting something, eh we never do.  After hopping into the helicopter I thought we were going to be briefed on our mission, but we weren’t.  I gave Jarred a questioning look, but when I turned my head to do so his eyebrows were already raised to the heavens.  It’s always funny to see him do that, it just makes things easier to handle. 

                While in the helicopter Jarred and I checked all of our supplies.  We had each a knife (Jarred liked his jagged, while I liked mine sharp and sleek), a small handgun (each favoring the all American M9), first aid kits, ghillie suits (self made), and our rifles.  Jarred and I prefer different kinds of rifles.  I usually take mine from the m40a’s my favorite being the m40A5.  Jarred enjoys bigger and stronger guns, he uses the AS-50 a British sniper equivalent to the American 50 cal. 

                It took about 4-6 hours (I fell asleep so I’m not sure).  We landed in a remote jungle on the western coast of Sabaragamuwa.  Asian jungles are very compact and complex.  Before we could even take a good look around our ear buds furiously vibrated with the voice of Blake.  Ah I miss him already the screaming, name calling, physical labor, etc. 

                “This is Captain Blake. Hello? Do these God damn things work for once in their piece of trash-”

                “We hear you!” yelled Jarred obviously annoyed, “Give us a chance to freakin answer GOD!”

                “Don’t you speak to me like that maggot.  I’ll tear off your dick and use it to whip you while you clean my car.  Do you two know anything about this mission?”

                “No, we were woken up by a helicopter and shipped here with no information,” I replied.

                “Good. Good.  Well now I’ll tell you.  There seems to be an Asian warlord, Aiguo Hagoya, gathering a small force hoping to take small outer towns and then move further into cities.  We need you to assassinate him.  If you head north from your position now you’ll make it to a small town.  They are run by Aiguo, but they are controlled by fear.  It’ll be hard to get information but I’m sure at least one will talk.  I hope you guys are good with people because you’ll need to recognize the one.  The others will report back that you’re looking for him.”

                Our eyes lit up at the words “good with people” because that was our specialty.  Jarred and I would guess different things about people by just looking at them all the time.  Jarred was a little better but that doesn’t stop me from competing, we usually agree anyways.

                “No worries sir we have things under control.  Are we allowed to kill anyone else?”

                “No.  And if you get caught no one is coming to get you.  They have anti-air defenses set up will just take us down.”

                I would’ve answered the captain but it all went black.  All I remember is the faint sound of his voice screaming our names.



© 2013 Crifa


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on April 1, 2013
Last Updated on April 1, 2013


Author

Crifa
Crifa

MA



Writing
Strings Strings

A Poem by Crifa


Hive Mind Hive Mind

A Poem by Crifa


Nightfall Nightfall

A Poem by Crifa