Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by TJ Graham
"

High School Blues.

"

 3

 

 

     6:50am, I got out of my car, and without glancing at that wierd kid, I made a quick pace into the school, and was greeted by Kada who was with two of her friends, Sammie and her sister, Sherri.

  As I made my way toward her, she saw the look on my face, and hers became one of consern. I was unaware my dread showed that much.

 

     "What the hell's up with you?" She asked.

 

 I took her by the arm to shuffle her along so I could talk to her, I threw an artificial smile toward her friends, which the could surely tell as such, but they noticed my uneasment, not questioning it and let me continue on.

 

    "I need to talk to you in private" I said, my voice filled with alarm, I glanced over my shoulder to see if that freak was following me, thank God that wasn't the case.

 I took Kada and sat her down in a lounge chair in the far east corner of the Cafeteria, nobody was in there.

 

   "You mind telling me what you are freaking out about, Dealio" She calls me that alot, but this time she used it as in 'What's the dealio'...she was being serious.

I told her about what had happend this morning with the car incident, and what happened in the parking lot just mere minutes ago.

As I told Kada how obscene this kid's behavior had been, her face became one of shock, and determination.

 

   "Have you talked to anyone...the school security?" She asked.

 

I gave her a look of repudiation.

 

    "I don't think it's that big of a deal" I said "Another problem is....I haven't ever seen him, he's probably new, but that still doesn't change anything." I hesitated "I have no idea what his deal is. He hasn't done anything besides just creep the hell outta me, but I'll let it slide....for now." I am praying he won't do anything.

 

   The bell rang, Kada got up from her seat.

 

   "You'd better let me know if anything happens" She made her way to the doors. "You give me a call....and try to see if you can get someone to help you out, if anything gets too bad.....call security, ok?"

 

  "Ok, Love ya" I said with reassured confidence.

 

   "Bye" Kada said, as she sauntered out the double doors, I gazed at her backside, with admiration....I am going to marry that woman some day.

 Kada Hilman, 18, and the woman of my dreams, I had met her in Elementary School, oh so many years ago. I had fallen off the monkey bars and she comforted me, and that was basically it. But I'd met her again in Middle School, and I decided to man up and have a chat. Turns out the two of us have alot in common. We both are in love with reading, she had recently shown me a book by a guy, Rick Gerloots or something who'd wrote a best-selling novel when he was eighteen, it had something to do with some guy on Mars...It was damn good, couldn't put it down.

 Kada is a Super-Tomboy and that's what attracted me to her, so we hit it off a couple years ago, and it's been great from there.

 
 I was ripped from memory lane by the school bell ringing a second time, I quickly glanced around to find nobody in the Cafeteria, thank God.

  I made my way to class and was greeted by my Social Sciences teacher, Mr. Roman Jacobi.

 

  "Hey, Dylan!" He said

 

  "Hey, Jac." I replied, I really didn't want to sit and chat with school-folk today, I'm too on edge.

Before, I could turn the corner, and make it to my locker, Mike pipes up:

 

 "Hey, D?!" I friggin' hate it when he calls me that. I turn around to face him: I am in desperate need of that pillow again. I looked Mr. Jacobi in the eye.

His eyes wandered, I could tell his train of thought just derailed, either that or could, to quote Star Wars: "Feel my Anger"

 

  "Ummm....never mind" He says, he quickly turns around and dissappears.

 

 I finally reach my first class, Career Stratagies, it's the only class I see worth atteding, with Ms. McNairy, she is the most blissful friggin' woman any man will ever come across, it's kinda scary. I still wonder and have asked her why she's still single, or maybe that's the reason.

  Social Sciences was next, and of course, Mr. Jacobi tried to ask me why I was so 'uppity' this morning, I gave him Mom's famous trepidating look. It worked.

 

***

 

Thank God!...The bell finally rang after I nodded off for 26 gruesome minutes in 'Political Analysm' with Mrs. Abner. Jesus, that class sucks!, I'll stick with Bill O'Reilly and the Crew at Fox News, thank you very much. Another thing my girlfriend and I share in common.

 

  "Hey, Dylan?!" I heard Kada coming up behind me, I tried to get the fatigue out of my eyes. I turn around to look at her.

 

  "What's up?" I asked

 

   "Uhh...Sammie and I are going to see a movie later on tonight, you want to come with?" She asked, hoping I'd say yes.

  I assessed my current situation, I could use a break from - Then I remebered I have to get my brother. Priorities, ya know.

 

   "Ah, s**t!...I have to pick-up my brother and-" then I had an idea. "Hey, you wanna come with me?, I'll have my sister with me, but you can come over for dinner afterwards"

Kada smiled.

 

   "You had me at 'dinner'...I know your Mom's cooking" She said.

 

   "We'll go from here to the airport, that's ok with you?" I asked

 

   "Sure, I'll move the movie to Saturday, tonight is opening night anyway, it'll be crowded"

 

    "Um-kay, I'll see you in the Cafeteria, for lunch, ok?"

 

    "Ok" I said, again my heart melted for that woman.

 

  Then my blissful moment was interupted by the need to take a piss. I headed towards the bathroom.

I reached it, walked up to the urinal and cheerfully relieved myself.

  In my moment of bliss, I jumped at the word's "What's up" coming for the stall next to my standing 'Thunder Mug'.

 

   "Not much, how 'bout you" I said as I washed my hands.

 

   "I'm fine" I heard the voice say as the stall door opened. I looked in the mirror and horror hit me like a truck. The Kid stood there, looking me over, degeneracy in his eyes.

I started to make my way towards the door.

 

   "You" He said, and that was it.

 

   He trips me, and slams his foot into my side, I reel on my stomach trying to get up. He kicks me again, spinning me around on my back, I swing my leg out to try and get him down, but he intercepts this move and catches my ankle with his right leg, breaking it. I scream in pain. I open my eyes to see him on top of me.

 He then uses his fists. Left. Right. Left again. I put my arms up to try and block his shots. Stupid choice. He gets back up, lifts his left leg and brings it down onto my crossed arms, breaking my right one, his foot breaking through and landing hard on my face, my head slamming hard against the tile floor. 

 He bends down and grabs the hood of my shirt, I grab for the pipes under the sink with my left arm trying to pull myself up, I see a flash of white as he strikes me in the back of the head, I lose my grip on the pipe and begin sliding backward.

 I turn around trying to pull his hand off my shirt, he realizes this, turns around and throws another kick, it finds my face. I start tasting blood.

   I helplessly claw at the green sides of the bathroom stalls, unsuccessfully trying to get a hold of something, anything, to get away from this unexpected hell. I turn around again to see this demented kid dragging me into the hadicapped stall. He pulls me in and locks the door. He tosses me near the toilet. I prop myself up.

 

  "What the f**k is wrong with you?!" I yelled, confused and angry.

 

He paced back and forth in the stall, then he pulls the handle out of a plunger and hits me across the face with it.

 

  "You took her from him!" He shouted.

 

   "WHO?!" I screamed.

 

 He smacks me again with the handle, another flash of white, blood rushes into my eyes, tears are streaming out. 

Before he could get in another shot, the main bathroom door opens. My assailant crouches down and puts his hand over my mouth to block any sound I may attempt to make. I don't struggle because the placing of his hands are in such a position to snap my neck if need be.

 I, laying on the floor of the stall, helpless and bleeding, see a kid with red shoes walk up to the urinal, I counted fifty-seven seconds between his piss-taking and hand-washing. I slowly look up at my assailant, with blood and tear soaked eyes, hyperventilating from borderline shock.

He looks back at me, I can see the words 'kill' in his eyes.

 After the visitor left the bathroom, the murderous desperado let up, as though  a dog had just been called by his master.

 

"Wha-" I shouldn't have moved my lips, he hits me across the face with the handle again, I let out another cry of pain, I showed him I was weak, that I let him get the better of me. It all happend so fast, I had no time to react.

 I flinched as he gave me one last determined glare, then he turned and left.

 

After my assailant disappeared, I screamed, sobbing like a small child, I have never, ever been so afraid in my life.

 

 

 



© 2008 TJ Graham


Author's Note

TJ Graham
The unexpected arrives.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I see you didn't omit the fight scene. The references to me made me laugh, I'd forgotten about them. I like the way your dialouge progresses. Maybe a little fast paced but you're doing good.

Posted 14 Years Ago


You gotta stop with your stealing of my lines man! Devices, artificial smiles, Sherri, Rick Gerloots, your a theif man! A DAMN DIRTY THEIF! Roman Jacobi!!!

The fracturing of bones was excessive and unnecessary. I think you should change it and clean it up, that was way to much. Even with my fight sequences in Crimson Dust bone breakery was rare, and breaking bones is not as easy as you made it seem, change that tidbit and I think it'll work out better.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 20, 2008
Last Updated on October 23, 2008


Author

TJ Graham
TJ Graham

Castle Rock, CO



About
According to "I Write Like", I have the literary talents similar to Margaret Mitchell, author of 'Gone With The Wind'. That's too bad, I was hoping It'd say Stephanie Meyer, because I'd be able to thr.. more..

Writing
Rookie Rookie

A Story by TJ Graham


Fall Fall

A Story by TJ Graham