Chapter six; Inner Demons

Chapter six; Inner Demons

A Chapter by Tripp

                I walked out of the kitchen and looked down at him one last time. Still a pile of nothingness. I shook my head and looked at the spaghetti and piled some in a bowl. I picked through it, Eating it slowly. I wished so badly for it to be the weekend so that I could get drunk, Go out and stay home from work. But we needed income. Ryous dad only paid a certain amount of income for him a month. That wasn’t going to keep us a float for very long. I usually pay for the bills and he pays for food. Anything that we personally wanted or needed we bought with our own income. Such as clothes, Gifts, Bathroom toiletries and so on.

 

                I tapped my foot on the dining room floor and leaned against the table as I ate. I burnt my tongue and jerked my head back.

“Damn mortal body…” I cursed to myself. A small burn bothered me. Yet I could slice into myself and I never felt anything at all except the occasional tingling or pleasure feeling. I looked into the living room.

‘He did a really good job.’ I thought, Sliding my fork out of my mouth and through my lips. There was no dust to be found, The smell of clean laundry filled the house. The curtains in every room were clean, Stains were lifted out of the hardwood, The blankets were folded and set straight on the couch. Everything had a clean precision around it.

 

                I started walking around the house and noticed that everything was like that. His room, Both bathrooms, Hallways, Kitchen, Everything. He did an outstanding job. Although he always cleaned like that. All of the trashes got emptied and everything. I sighed to myself and walked back into the kitchen, Setting my bowl into the sink, Stepping over the unconscious, Lifeless body. I smirked and pushed him away from the bloody pool. You think he’d accept what I have to offer him. Greedy little b*****d. I walked into the bathroom and stared at myself in the mirror. I looked at my pale complexion and auburn brown eyes, White hair. I was just like him. Only stronger, Not as weak. I could kill him in an instant if I really wanted to. I shook my head. I squinted, Looked harder.

 

                My perceptive of how I treated him constantly changed. One minute, It was for his own good. The next, It was for my pleasure. What I wanted. Not him. I touched my face and slid a hand down it.

“Stupid mortal body. I shouldn’t have to deal with this.” I sighed and tugged on my hair. Maybe it was a mix of both. I WAS doing this for him… But as I did it, It brought me numerous amounts of sick twisted pleasure. I ran my fingers through my hair and hung my head. I looked at the clean floor besides a few drips of water. I looked back in the mirror and growled, Barring my teeth. I stopped soon after. That wasn’t going to change the situation at the time. Being upset wasn’t going to help anything. I sighed and took off my shirt. My sides hurt from running so much. I had abs though. More than Ryou, I’m sure. I then decided to step into the shower and let the nuke warm water trickle down my body. I let out a breath and looked at the ceiling.

 

                Something was tugging at my mind, But I wasn’t sure what. I started wondering what my light was doing. Not so much what, But how. Why I started to care I don’t know why, But it started to claw at my mind.

‘He’s still on the floor.’ I thought to myself. ‘He’ll move when he wakes up. I slammed my head into the wall, Cringing slightly. It cleared my head. Good. I shook it off. ‘Enough of this nonsense.’ I got out of the shower and looked into the mirror again. Red rug around my auburn eyes. It was starting again. My bloodlust. I shook my head again. Still there. I dried my hair with the towel and slid on clean clothes over my flawless skin. I leaned against the sink again, Looking deep into my own reflection. Maybe this was a time to get into Ryous mind. I didn’t do that much anymore. I hadn’t the need to play fears in his mind when he could create them himself.

 

                I blinked and headed out of the bathroom, Heading up the stairs and into my room. I sat on my bed and took a swig of blood. I took in a breath and laid down, Closed my eyes and tried to clear my mind. I started to meditate until I finally entered his soul and mind. The mind was first. It was dark. Not what I’d expect from the innocent little boy. He was walking around aimlessly. Or, So it seemed. He was talking to himself, Up towards the sky. Lightening shot off in the background.

“I don’t like him. I don’t like him at all.” He said, Sitting down and looking at a stuffed bear. I remembered that bear. I tore it to shreds and tossed it out the window. The wind took most of it away. He cried for days and days. He didn’t need a teddy bear to keep him sane. He was too old. Later I found out it was from his mother. “He’s killing me and he has no idea!”

 

                “I understand. You don’t need to get worked up.” The bear responded. I blinked in confusion.

“No… You don’t… You don’t know what he’s done to me. How far he goes. All the pain… And-And torture.” Ryou started to sob. I rolled my eyes slightly and took a few steps forward. “Everyone’s left me. I have no one else besides for him. And I don’t want him! I loved him once, I really did. I put up with it for him… But now… Now I don’t know how much more I can take… He’s destroying me.”

“I see.” The bear mimicked a therapists tone of voice.

“I’m starting to become numb. Numb to the pain and fear. But every time I do, It comes back to remind me how real it actually is. I just wish I could die already. Go with my mother and sister.” He sobbed some more. “I miss them so much. No one else cares. No one else wants me. I don’t even want myself. Bakura’s right. I’m pathetic. But, I can’t come to kill myself… And he won’t do it for me.” Thunder clashed in the background again.

 

                “Hmmm…” I said to myself. He kept mumbling rants off to the bear as I turned around and walked off, Heading for his soul room. “He has a tattered mind.” I smirked slightly and entered his soul, Looking around for his door.  It shouldn’t be too far from mine. I looked down the poorly lit hallway and finally stumbled upon it. I opened it and walked inside and took a breath. It was a bright white room. There lay the innocence. But it wasn’t just white. There were things all over the room. Papers and stuffed animals. Broken chairs and a broken desk. Kind of like his room now. I became perplexed. Why did it look like this? The soul was the place where you were yourself. What you liked and enjoyed. What you felt. I walked further in, The door closing on its own behind me. I turned back from the door and continued in, Finally coming up to a bed. There lay Ryou.

 

                He was in tattered clothing and blood piled around him. His sheets were torn and dirty with stains and contained dust. Bruises covered his naked torso and his ribs almost penetrated his skin. He looked horrible. This couldn’t be what he really looked like. I shook my head. I didn’t want to breathe. He tossed and turned, Mumbling to himself. He squinted his eyes and flailed his arms. I couldn’t take it. His room was horrible. Talk about innocence lost. I closed my eyes and thought, Not wanting to think about him anymore. I stood straight up and started to the door, Grabbing the handle. It wouldn’t open. It only wriggled in my grip. I growled and bust it open. I heard him gasp and finally returned to my own body. I took a sigh of relief when I awoke and sat up.

‘That couldn’t be real. I had to be dreaming.’ I thought to myself. I looked out the window and sighed. ‘If only I knew what was truth and what was false prophecy.’



© 2010 Tripp


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on October 19, 2010
Last Updated on December 15, 2010


Author

Tripp
Tripp

OH



Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tripp