Silent Connection

Silent Connection

A Poem by Victoria Papan
"

The things you Share with your first love are unforgettable.

"


I can feel your ever judging stares
As the warm silver liquid falls from my cheeks.
Some say, boyfriend problem, others say attention w***e.
They're all wrong.
Only you know what's really going on.
My first love, an old flame that will never reignite.

They snicker as I make my way to the confinement,
Commonly known as a desk.
I know the rumors will start, so I fight the urge.
Yet my swollen eyes betray me, searching for you.
For the ounce of comfort that comes from only those who understand.

Yearning, no. Needing the approval of your stare.
Your eyes find mine and in that moment the walls come down.
My heart reaches for you taking in every bit of comfort.
All of my secrets were yours for the taking, I can't hide things from you
Not when I'm like this.

You drink it in, excited by the connection 
The pleasure entices a slight smile, that quickly hardens
Into a cold line.
It hurt to be shut out, but
My pain eases at your nodding in agreement to our silent promise. 
The tears halt, content with this silent connection we have.

Yet I yearn for the touch that I know will never be mine

© 2011 Victoria Papan


Author's Note

Victoria Papan
I'm not quite sure why, but my first love has the best advice when it comes to what I'm going through. Even though we resent eachother we do understand when something is wrong and know how to comfort one another.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The dynamics of these relationships can have boundaries that are to complicated to ever be defined. My first love and I are as close as we always were, but somehow she became like a sister to me. This is honest work that opens up a part of the soul we all try to hide.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow. Thats pretty much all i can say. I love this. Its kinda it what i am going through. I cant seem to mend my broken heart. I love this.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Technically I felt it lacked a bit of flow, but otherwise this was a wonderful piece. It is strange the connections that remain with an old love. well expressed.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"My first love, an old flame that will never reignite."

Such a bold strong statement with such a subtle but beautiful piece of art.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such a beautiful write. It's only the people who have gone through pain and bliss with us that really get us... They're able to reflect because they've been there and done that and there is no wool over their eyes, just honesty.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The human mind will always confuse things. I use the logic if you lost something. Would you be better off? People who care for each other need time away from people. People don't like happiness. Make them want the same. A lot of mix emotion and question in the poem. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


its always funny how the person you used to be with can help you the most after all the drama is over, this is good work, and i ai'nt saying it because you are my sister, im sayin it cuz it really shows that you put thought and emotion into this piece :) great work, great tone, solid all the way through.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The dynamics of these relationships can have boundaries that are to complicated to ever be defined. My first love and I are as close as we always were, but somehow she became like a sister to me. This is honest work that opens up a part of the soul we all try to hide.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2011
Last Updated on September 8, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..