Day 55

Day 55

A Chapter by Enigma

Have you ever taken the time to think about teeth? None in particular, but teeth as a whole. When they first begin to form, they grow slowly and progressively break through the surface of the tender red and pink gums when you’re a child, each at a different rate and a different time. They come in crooked and screwed, but are seen as suitable when you’re a child. No one cares because you’re a little kid and it’s just supposed to be that way. Until eventually, you spend your time trying to do nothing but to straighten what once was perfect. Having lost several down the road, you try your hardest to take the arrangement of crooked teeth, and reconstruct them to fit your needs. Your need to have perfect teeth. Even though, only a few years ago, they were in fact perfect teeth. Why the great change? Why is it important to have straight teeth? Why can’t they stay crooked as long as you’d like?

Why, as individuals, do we frown upon the crooked teeth, when only a year ago they were perfectly fine. We do still care about them, and do what them to look nice, but what if they can’t? Why put so much strain into fixing something, that was never really perfect to begin with? So fragile, yet so strong… teeth. Teeth. Why do we worry so much about our teeth?

Think about all the money spent on teeth, and think about what else the money could be used for. Funding hungry children organizations. Funding medical research foundations. Animal cruelty foundations. Peace core foundations. Special needs foundations. School foundations. Road pavements. Donations to 3rd world countries. Endangered animals. Natural disaster clean up organizations. Funding to veterans without jobs. Wounded soldiers in battle. The families of lost soldiers. Even something a simple as recycling bottles and plastic. Yet we choose to put so much money towards dentistry and straighter teeth?...



© 2014 Enigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on June 10, 2014
Last Updated on June 10, 2014


Author

Enigma
Enigma

SC



About
I was never meant to be, so why am I still here? more..

Writing
Tea Tea

A Poem by Enigma


Locked Locked

A Poem by Enigma