Day 75

Day 75

A Chapter by Enigma

“Hey Isabelle Noir correct?” the voice sounded familiar but I was in no position to put a face to it. Sitting outside my therapist office I scanned the hallway quickly wondering just how late he was going to be this evening but tried to think nothing of it.

“Yes.. May I ask who’s calling?” My voice came out hardy and irritated as I heard the faint tick of the clock above my head. I wasn’t in the mood to be talking to strangers. I wasn’t in the mood for anything. I needed to talk to Dr. Geoff as soon as possible to explain my situation before something inside my head snapped and I went completely awal.

“Well, it’s Marc.” My heart almost stopped.

“Oh…”

“Yeah. Collin gave me your number after I darn near beat it out of him..” he said with a slight tone of amusement. I knew he was being serious. “But ah… I was wondering if you wanted to come get lunch with me tomorrow? I’m off and I figured it would be the best time to set something up with you.” Set something up? What was he going to do? I hardly knew this guy what could he possible want from someone like me?

“Oh.. Uhh, yeah.. I’m free.” I tried to make my voice sound as if I could care less about the meeting but I wasn’t exactly sure how to go about doing something like that. You can only watch so many TV dramas and high school chick flicks. “Where at?” I felt my lips slowly crease into a smile.

“Ahhh.. just meet me in front of my work. I’ll take care of the rest.”

“Oh, okay. Yeah sure.. sounds like fun.”

“Okay great.” He hung up. My heart felt as though it was going to rip out the front of my chest as I heard the click of the phone. Rubbing my sweaty hands against my jeans I closed my eyes and started to count to ten over and over, trying to calm myself. down. I wasn’t ready to talk to someone like him. Someone so perfect and flawless like Marc.



“Are you alright? Dr. Geoff said quickly, refraining from placing his raised hand on my shoulder. I watched him intensively before looking at the floor, my feet pressed together tightly. “I got your call… but, I didn’t know it was that serious. What’s wrong?”

Unsure of what had triggered me right then, I didn’t know the answer.



© 2014 Enigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
Added on June 10, 2014
Last Updated on June 10, 2014


Author

Enigma
Enigma

SC



About
I was never meant to be, so why am I still here? more..

Writing
Tea Tea

A Poem by Enigma


Locked Locked

A Poem by Enigma